Kudos to HCSS and staff for filling holes | Syracusefan.com

Kudos to HCSS and staff for filling holes

kcsu

Living Legend
LB: Good ATH. Looks to be a contributer on Specials this year adds depth

DE: Great Size could see spot duty nice upside a true position of need

OT: We need players and the kid has the size to compete. 6-5 300. If he was coming out of HS we would be thrilled about him. I think this kid makes the two deep

QB: Top 15 HS QB. Has played on one of the top 10 football programs for four years. Didnt start because he had huge talent in front of him. 6-5, 226 great arm, smart and used to up tempo O. Position of need huge get.

I think that the staff has done a fantastic job filling areas of need. These guys dont quit they dont mail it in and they are committed to recruiting. If we can make another bowl, break ground on the IPF, and benefit as we will from ACC exposure the future looks very bright. HCSS and staff are building on the solid foundation that Doug left. I think that these guys are off to a great start.
A

Things seem to be moving in the right direction.

cant wait to see what their 1st recruiting class looks like.

I think that's KC's point.

Much of this class is Shaffer's first class.

this past class?

they had a month to organize it. and it was still a decent class.

my point is that i EXPECT a top 20-25 class in their real 1st class based their early results. Its a compliment.

this past class?

my point is that i EXPECT a top 20-25 class in their real 1st class based their early results. Its a compliment.
I agree. With a full year to recruit i expect a very strong class this year. We are already off to a good start two nice verbals and lots of interest from solid players. I actually think that the class after this next class has a chance to be special. Two years of building relationships with coaches and players. Nice job on filling holes as well. I really like the guys they brought in and feel as if they will all contribute.

this past class?

I'm more tempered...I expect a Top 40 class this year...with the following year Top 30. I really think our ceiling is 20-25...but that is ok...you can get to big bowl games still.

With the bowl win- with the move to the ACC- with the indoor facility and with the PR that Nassib has gotten recruiting should continue to get better and better.

Now we have to help by filling the Dome!

With the bowl win- with the move to the ACC- with the indoor facility and with the PR that Nassib has gotten recruiting should continue to get better and better.

Now we have to help by filling the Dome!

I agree! Can't WAIT!! Practice got me fired up, gonna go break something.

How about a practice report

I put a brief one up on the Sunday practice 4/14 thread. Hard to concentrate, it was freezing with the wind up there. My wife and 2yo lasted about 30-45 min and spent the rest of practice in the car.

I actually think that the class after this next class has a chance to be special. Two years of building relationships with coaches and players.

Hate to be a Debbie Downer, but keep in mind that our OC/ace recruiter doesn't have a track record of staying put:

Coaching Experience
2013-Present Associate Head Coach/Offensive Coordinator Syracuse University
[Not on the official Bio, but insert a brief stay at a Holiday Inn Express in Arkansas on the way to the Cuse]
2012 Wide Receivers/Passing Game Coordinator University of Miami
2011 Wide Receivers University of Miami
2009-10 Wide Receivers Cleveland Browns
2007-08 Wide Receivers University of Minnesota
2005-06 Offensive Coordinator/Wide Receivers Western Michigan University
2004 Tight Ends/Wide Receivers Stanford University
2001-03 Wide Receivers Northern Illinois University
2001 (Spring) Wide Receivers Bucknell University
2000 Graduate Assistant Ball State University

We discussed and accepted the possibility that he'd be a short-timer when he was hired. Might want to limit expectations to the near future until we get an indication that he'll hang for a bit.

I think he'll stay here for a few seasons. He needs to build his resume for being a HC. I only see him leaving sooner if there is a personality clash with HCSS or one of the Big Boy schools offer him lots of money to be OC. In the latter case they probably meant we overachieved as a team...a good thing.

I think he'll stay here for a few seasons. He needs to build his resume for being a HC. I only see him leaving sooner if there is a personality clash with HCSS or one of the Big Boy schools offer him lots of money to be OC. In the latter case they probably meant we overachieved as a team...a good thing.

For the reasons you specify, I'm hoping that we can keep McDonald for three years. Anything more than that would be gravy, IMO [predicated upon the assumption that the guy can, in fact, coach]. I don't think it would further his career to jump around at this point. That's what his track record on his resume suggests. He would probably be better served by sticking in one place for a few years to establish that he isn't just a job hopper.

I'm more tempered...I expect a Top 40 class this year...with the following year Top 30. I really think our ceiling is 20-25...but that is ok...you can get to big bowl games still.
Well said.

Question #1: How much of a recruiting foothold do we lose in NYC?

Question #2: Does it really matter if we lose our recruiting foothold in NYC?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom