Kyle McCord; The King in the North!!! | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Kyle McCord; The King in the North!!!

I’m hoping McCord is the football programs Carmelo Anthony.
Sarcastic Smirk GIF by Apple TV+

Kind of rude for Maria Taylor to say "Oh, come on" after Joshua Perry jokingly said "give him the Heisman" after Nicole Auerbach said "second straight week of 4 TDs for McCord. Did you know he didn't have a single game with 4 last year?" I mean I know he's still a really longshot to win it and it's only two games in but it's kind of disrespectful to just blow it off like he has no chance if he keeps playing like this.
If McCord leads the P4 in yards and touchdowns and Syracuse is undefeated going into the playoffs, how do you not give it to him?

Especially when his coming to Syracuse was the major on field catalyst for the turnaround.

(Long way to go before we can realistically have this argument, but what a glow this victory casts!)

I saw him play in person for the first time today.

I had no idea just how good he is.

His performance was as good if not better than any SU QB I have ever seen.

He was remarkable.

It was a pleasure to watch him.
This Is Good Wow GIF by CBC

More swagger than anyone I can ever remember playing this position for us. I love this clip and I’m only mildly sorry for the profanity.
Reading the comments in that tweet reminds me what a bunch of entitled jerks most Buckeye fans are. Basically "Wait until Syracuse plays a real team", "Syracuse is a joke program" , "McCord couldn't cut it", "Syracuse plays a weak schedule".

McCords only 'crime' was that he wasn't a CJ Stroud clone.

Reading the comments in that tweet reminds me what a bunch of entitled jerks most Buckeye fans are. Basically "Wait until Syracuse plays a real team", "Syracuse is a joke program" , "McCord couldn't cut it", "Syracuse plays a weak schedule".

McCords only 'crime' was that he wasn't a CJ Stroud clone.
F them
And let’s wait and see what happens when OSU played a decent team.

Sitting in 247, seeing some of these angles behind him when he throws is just absolutely a privilege to watch.

Themat throw and catch to Hatcher down midfield was just a top level play.

All hail the once 49th all time passer in Syracuse History. It was a short stay.

Kyle now sits alone at 38th all time

He has played 120 minutes of football in Orange.

Can't wait to see the NCAA stats recalculated tomorrow
Kyle will be Top 10 in yards per game passing.
He might be the leader in TD throws with 8.

Very good chance that Pena cracks the Top 10 with his 4 receiving TDs so far.

He is brilliant. We keep the big 4 guys on offense healthy we will win a lot of games
Only 4?

McCord, Allen, OG, Pena, Meeks, Haynes... haven't even seen Justus Ross Simmons (and honestly, I think it would be wise to redshirt him at this point anyway, with all the weapons we have).

"I thought he would land at a major school, but Syracuse is an utterly perplexing decision," Finebaum said. "It's a program that, frankly, doesn't have a great past of coming back quickly. I appreciate him getting an opportunity, but a year ago this guy was considered a can't-miss and now he's going to Syracuse. It's weird."

How do you like your crow, Mr. Finebaum?

Here are a few of suggestions...

We know no King...but the King in the North whose name is McCord!!!

ESPN has Hill with 29 of 39, 1 TD and 0 int (didn't realize he threw it that much), and his QBR is higher than Kyle's - hmmmm?

Only 4?

McCord, Allen, OG, Pena, Meeks, Haynes... haven't even seen Justus Ross Simmons (and honestly, I think it would be wise to redshirt him at this point anyway, with all the weapons we have).
Good point!

"I thought he would land at a major school, but Syracuse is an utterly perplexing decision," Finebaum said. "It's a program that, frankly, doesn't have a great past of coming back quickly. I appreciate him getting an opportunity, but a year ago this guy was considered a can't-miss and now he's going to Syracuse. It's weird."

How do you like your crow, Mr. Finebaum?

Here are a few of suggestions...

Hope someone calls that bald headed SEC homer out.

McCord is the 1st SU Quarter back to throw for back to back 350+ yard games, ever.

He's one of 3 QB's to do that in the ACC in the last TWENTY YEARS.

He's played 2 games.

Get your Popcorn, my beautiful Orange People!!!

Side note. The uniforms looked shockingly beautiful, today. ;-)

I mean I know he's still a really longshot to win it and it's only two games in but it's kind of disrespectful to just blow it off like he has no chance if he keeps playing like this.
Yeah, listen, almost everyone is going to underestimate Syracuse because they don't think we're a "real major program" or whatever and they're going to write off McCord because Ohio State didn't want him and he "only" ended up at Syracuse, and who knows more about evaluating football players, Ohio State or Syracuse? And the conventional "wisdom" will rule the narrative and they'll mock the people who have paid attention and see what this kid is.

That's not just ok, it's great. He sure seems to be embracing proving the doubters wrong, and a talented football team being handed the ongoing bulletin board material of not being given their due respect is a powerful thing and makes for a hell of a fun ride.

McCord is going to be an NFL QB, maybe a first round pick if he keeps this up. We've got an NFL TE on the roster, we've got a couple young receivers who at least have a chance at playing on Sundays. If the OL holds up and Allen stays healthy, we can be really hard for just about anyone to beat. My brain says it will be the powerhouse teams with 8 deep NFL-potential DLs that can rotate bodies and wear us out that will be the matchup we may not be able to overcome... But that ain't happening in our regular season, and even if it does, McCord may be able to get the ball out fast enough anyway.

The preseason ACCCG talk was NOT nonsensical craziness. This team can win the ACC. Beyond that, if I'm being honest with myself, we will need a lot of luck. But, if we stay healthy and this isn't a mirage, we have an actual chance to make the playoff and to do so with the best QB left... I don't think that's hyperbole. It's far from a given, but it's also not crazy talk.

Yeah, listen, almost everyone is going to underestimate Syracuse because they don't think we're a "real major program" or whatever and they're going to write off McCord because Ohio State didn't want him and he "only" ended up at Syracuse, and who knows more about evaluating football players, Ohio State or Syracuse? And the conventional "wisdom" will rule the narrative and they'll mock the people who have paid attention and see what this kid is.

That's not just ok, it's great. He sure seems to be embracing proving the doubters wrong, and a talented football team being handed the ongoing bulletin board material of not being given their due respect is a powerful thing and makes for a hell of a fun ride.

McCord is going to be an NFL QB, maybe a first round pick if he keeps this up. We've got an NFL TE on the roster, we've got a couple young receivers who at least have a chance at playing on Sundays. If the OL holds up and Allen stays healthy, we can be really hard for just about anyone to beat. My brain says it will be the powerhouse teams with 8 deep NFL-potential DLs that can rotate bodies and wear us out that will be the matchup we may not be able to overcome... But that ain't happening in our regular season, and even if it does, McCord may be able to get the ball out fast enough anyway.

The preseason ACCCG talk was NOT nonsensical craziness. This team can win the ACC. Beyond that, if I'm being honest with myself, we will need a lot of luck. But, if we stay healthy and this isn't a mirage, we have an actual chance to make the playoff and to do so with the best QB left... I don't think that's hyperbole. It's far from a given, but it's also not crazy talk.
Animated GIF

My favorite throw was an incompletion. Looking for the Frosh to win down the sideline. Frosh gets bumped off route and doesn't win. McCords ball lands a foot inbounds right where you draw it up. Been forever since we had a QB who had that touch, especially on those sideline throws.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom