Kyle McCord; The King in the North!!! | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Kyle McCord; The King in the North!!!

If McCord leads the P4 in yards and touchdowns and Syracuse is undefeated going into the playoffs, how do you not give it to him?

Especially when his coming to Syracuse was the major on field catalyst for the turnaround.

(Long way to go before we can realistically have this argument, but what a glow this victory casts!)
He is currently tied for first in the ncaa for touchdowns and 3rd in yards by about 50. Gotta think he will be first in both soon!

Listen I love the guy and am so pumped, the attitude is awesome… but Eric had swagger in spades too, probably more
McNabb did too. I remember the story from John Lynch when he played for Tampa Bay. He said both teams came to the LOS, the Bucs made some sort of a defensive switch, and McNabb winked at him before getting the snap and making a play. I don't think he was permitted to show the swagger as much in college.

Noticed that myself, less yards, 3 less TD's, less yards per catch. The only thing he was better at was completion percentage, because most of his passes were short to the sideline.
What were the yards per attempt? Does that QB rating take into account running?

I saw him play in person for the first time today.

I had no idea just how good he is.

His performance was as good if not better than any SU QB I have ever seen.

He was remarkable.

It was a pleasure to watch him.
By his senior year Nassib was very good, but these first two games, wow, way beyond that.

Pass first offense that is methodical without being dink and dunk and not even really trying the deep ball. 4th in yds per game yet only on play greater than 40 yds.

It’s Sunday football.

Sitting in 247, seeing some of these angles behind him when he throws is just absolutely a privilege to watch.

Themat throw and catch to Hatcher down midfield was just a top level play.
Yeah, the only time you see that catch is playing ball in the backyard. It’s just not done, and yet it was and Hatcher did it.

IMG_1309.jpeg
IMG_1310.jpeg

His OL is much better than TD or GS.
It’s a lot easier to pass pro when the qb gets rid of the ball on script….EVERY play.

I’m not saying that they’re not better, because they are, but the QB is a significant factor in the fan’s perception of how the OL performs.

Let’s see when we a face a more downhill DL.

It’s a lot easier to pass pro when the qb gets rid of the ball on script….EVERY play.

I’m not saying that they’re not better, because they are, but the QB is a significant factor in the fan’s perception of how the OL performs.

McCord gets rid of the ball quickly..No Doubt!!!! He also is good at buying time and hitting short hot routes. The OL appears to be much better, I think, is a fact!

So many times he is throwing the ball well before the WRs are into their breaks vs waiting for them to actually be open.

Yeah, listen, almost everyone is going to underestimate Syracuse because they don't think we're a "real major program" or whatever and they're going to write off McCord because Ohio State didn't want him and he "only" ended up at Syracuse, and who knows more about evaluating football players, Ohio State or Syracuse? And the conventional "wisdom" will rule the narrative and they'll mock the people who have paid attention and see what this kid is.

That's not just ok, it's great. He sure seems to be embracing proving the doubters wrong, and a talented football team being handed the ongoing bulletin board material of not being given their due respect is a powerful thing and makes for a hell of a fun ride.

McCord is going to be an NFL QB, maybe a first round pick if he keeps this up. We've got an NFL TE on the roster, we've got a couple young receivers who at least have a chance at playing on Sundays. If the OL holds up and Allen stays healthy, we can be really hard for just about anyone to beat. My brain says it will be the powerhouse teams with 8 deep NFL-potential DLs that can rotate bodies and wear us out that will be the matchup we may not be able to overcome... But that ain't happening in our regular season, and even if it does, McCord may be able to get the ball out fast enough anyway.

The preseason ACCCG talk was NOT nonsensical craziness. This team can win the ACC. Beyond that, if I'm being honest with myself, we will need a lot of luck. But, if we stay healthy and this isn't a mirage, we have an actual chance to make the playoff and to do so with the best QB left... I don't think that's hyperbole. It's far from a given, but it's also not crazy talk.
Yep or as I’ve been saying, and with what you noted, with an O like this we can win EVERY game, we won’t but we’ll be in every one going forward.

Found myself saying things I never thought I’d say as a Syracuse fan during the game, about the near impeccable playcalling, The fantastic decisions and clock management by the staff, not one false start penalty and that we are watching an NFL quarterback in real time here.

Just awesome, enjoy the ride folks wherever it takes us

Yep or as I’ve been saying, and with what you noted, with an O like this we can win EVERY game, we won’t but we’ll be in every one going forward.

Found myself saying things I never thought I’d say as a Syracuse fan during the game, about the near impeccable playcalling, The fantastic decisions and clock management by the staff, not one false start penalty and that we are watching an NFL quarterback in real time here.

Just awesome, enjoy the ride folks wherever it takes us
Not only do we have 0 false starts, we hard counted GATech into jumping and got a free shot at the end zone that hit.

It’s amazing how possible it is to limit your penalties when the coaching staff holds people accountable.

Last edited:
Reading the comments in that tweet reminds me what a bunch of entitled jerks most Buckeye fans are. Basically "Wait until Syracuse plays a real team", "Syracuse is a joke program" , "McCord couldn't cut it", "Syracuse plays a weak schedule".

McCords only 'crime' was that he wasn't a CJ Stroud clone.
Ohio State fans might be the worst fans in all of college football. The most entitled fanbase in the nation. It will be awesome to watch them melt when Syracuse makes the playoffs and wins it all. That would make two national champion quarterbacks that OSU drummed off their team.

Let’s not get too far out over our skis here.
What could stop him from being the top QB drafted? Not saying he will be, but between what he did at Ohio St and what he's doing here, he absolutely could be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom