Class of 2014 - Kyron Watson | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Kyron Watson

Lets see a head coach who by any results, at 57 is at the end of his coaching career, at a school who has 1 coach in the last 40 years with a winning record, or an up and coming coach at a school on the way back. Weis might not make it all the way through next year.

Either my search function isn't working, or Watson doesn't have a thread?

Anyways apparently we aren't out of this one. 50-50 and we have an in-home Thursday.

Let's get it done!!
We have a lifeline in Treevon. Bring him home, Mr. Prater!

honestly, nobody knows anything about what Watson's thinking because he's not talking. no writers from scowt or rvls or 247, nadda.

honestly, nobody knows anything about what Watson's thinking because he's not talking. no writers from scowt or rvls or 247, nadda.

1 of those sites claim to have a source very close to him...let's see how the in-home goes. imo if he wasn't serious about considering us he wouldn't have made the trip

1 of those sites claim to have a source very close to him...let's see how the in-home goes. imo if he wasn't serious about considering us he wouldn't have made the trip
And he wouldn't be hosting an in home on Thursday. This kid is keeping everything on the down low let's see what happens Thursday

djorange1989 said:
And he wouldn't be hosting an in home on Thursday. This kid is keeping everything on the down low let's see what happens Thursday

At that in home I'd probably say, KU doesn't care about football the way we do they didn't even keep close enough track to notice you came to visit us, you belong in OUR Family. You are a priority player for us we want you to come with us and turn the ACC upside down.

He might make the trip, but zero chance he would allow a follow up in-home visit if he wasn't considering us (at least a little).

It's exciting to see a stud lb like Watson potentially coming to SU. I love how the staff is working Chicago and surrounding areas. It really makes the kids feel comfortable with some friends and at least local guys already coming. It is a hot bed area that has great talent. I hope we get a few guys from there every year. And the flight from Syracuse and Chicago isn't bad. The players are still relatively close to home and the climate is similar. Would love to see Watson at SU! Could be an ALL AMERICAN down the road!

This kid is keeping everything on the down low let's see what happens Thursday

This is the most important statement in the thread. We have no idea what he is thinking, how impressed he was by the Dome, how much influence Traveon actually has, or really how affirmed he was to Kansas in the first place.

All I know is we will have a better idea by Friday morning.

It's also important to remember that even if we don't get the flip of Watson, that our LB class is ridiculously strong. Especially since signs point to us snagging Thomas if Georgia really isn't that serious, given that Oklahoma dropped out.

It's exciting to see a stud lb like Watson potentially coming to SU. I love how the staff is working Chicago and surrounding areas. It really makes the kids feel comfortable with some friends and at least local guys already coming. It is a hot bed area that has great talent. I hope we get a few guys from there every year. And the flight from Syracuse and Chicago isn't bad. The players are still relatively close to home and the climate is similar. Would love to see Watson at SU! Could be an ALL AMERICAN down the road!

I like that Illinois is basically wide open for the taking. It's a good battle ground state where nobody has a firm hold on it. It's very important we can hang onto DeAndre Smith, and Tim Lester for at least a few seasons. I admit I definitely was not expecting them to be as successful as they have been this season, and it should only get better now that we have made our presence felt, and have pulled some solid prospects. We routinely beat out Illinois for a number of those kids. If we can somehow snag Watson that would just be icing on the cake.

I like that Illinois is basically wide open for the taking. It's a good battle ground state where nobody has a firm hold on it. It's very important we can hang onto DeAndre Smith, and Tim Lester for at least a few seasons. I admit I definitely was not expecting them to be as successful as they have been this season, and it should only get better now that we have made our presence felt, and have pulled some solid prospects. We routinely beat out Illinois for a number of those kids. If we can somehow snag Watson that would just be icing on the cake.

Let's hope both Smith and Lester stick around and let's hope Beckman stays at Illinois too, that guy is our secret weapon! :)

JayhawkSlant ‏@JayhawkSlant 44m
#KU commit Kyron Watson gives us an update after he took a visit to Syracuse. He has good news for Kansas #kufball

It's a Kansas Rovals article if anyone can read it.

Shanker couldn't wait to get this out

An official visit just before signing day had Charlie Weis sweating, but he can now rejoice as he will hold onto one of the highest-rated commitments of his Kansas tenure.

Pos RkStarsGradeHometown
83East Saint Louis, IL
Linebacker Kyron Watson (East St. Louis, Ill./East St. Louis), No. 136 in the ESPN 300, reaffirmed his commitment to the Jayhawks on Tuesday. He told ESPN.com in a text message he was “done with recruiting” and “KU is the home.”

Watson, a four-star recruit and No. 9 among outside linebackers, took an official visit to Syracuse this past weekend and had a visit planned to Illinois beginning Jan. 24. Watson made the trip to see the Orange with his teammate Treevon Prater, who committed to the Orange on the visit. Watson did not renege on his Jayhawks pledge, however, and has canceled his visit to see the Illini.

The Orange have mined the Midwest successfully but were unable to flip Watson late in the cycle.

In May, Watson committed to Kansas over Michigan.

The 6-foot-1, 210-pound linebacker has a promising outlook at several positions, his scouting report states. His report also says, “Watson has the size and quickness for the inside linebacker position at the BCS level of competition… [and] his playing speed and coverage skills suggest a move to outside linebacker might be in his future. His athleticism and toughness suggests the ability to be productive doing a variety of jobs as a special teams player.”

i still believe we are in this

Last edited:
I'll believe it when his in-home doesn't happen.

yep, unless something has significantly changed since Sunday we are very much alive

If he really did cancel the Illinois visit and his in-home with Syracuse is still on, then that article actually is a positive for us.

zach allen kept telling us he was coming as well. Right up to when he didn't.

Shanker couldn't wait to get this out

An official visit just before signing day had Charlie Weis sweating, but he can now rejoice as he will hold onto one of the highest-rated commitments of his Kansas tenure.

Pos RkStarsGradeHometown
83East Saint Louis, IL
Linebacker Kyron Watson (East St. Louis, Ill./East St. Louis), No. 136 in the ESPN 300, reaffirmed his commitment to the Jayhawks on Tuesday. He told ESPN.com in a text message he was “done with recruiting” and “KU is the home.”

Watson, a four-star recruit and No. 9 among outside linebackers, took an official visit to Syracuse this past weekend and had a visit planned to Illinois beginning Jan. 24. Watson made the trip to see the Orange with his teammate Treevon Prater, who committed to the Orange on the visit. Watson did not renege on his Jayhawks pledge, however, and has canceled his visit to see the Illini.

The Orange have mined the Midwest successfully but were unable to flip Watson late in the cycle.

In May, Watson committed to Kansas over Michigan.

The 6-foot-1, 210-pound linebacker has a promising outlook at several positions, his scouting report states. His report also says, “Watson has the size and quickness for the inside linebacker position at the BCS level of competition… [and] his playing speed and coverage skills suggest a move to outside linebacker might be in his future. His athleticism and toughness suggests the ability to be productive doing a variety of jobs as a special teams player.”

i still believe we are in this

That tells me jack , I would still be sweating if I were them. Responded via a text message? Sounds like a generic response, if I were staying committed I would respond with more than KU is HOme. Come to the orange side young man, you won't be disappointed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom