Lafayette beats Rutgers | Syracusefan.com

Lafayette beats Rutgers

Remember when Rutgers thought their basketball program was turned around because they beat us in an empty gym without our best player? Good times.

If they didn’t choke against Houston in March we would have beat them by 15 and went to the final four. Thanks, SUNJ!

Lafayette played Duke tough for a good long time. Duke was up only 6-10 points until pulling away in the 2nd half.

Last edited:
Start of the season has been weird. Lots of unexpected scores. I could see us entering the Georgetown game at 2-7 or 8-1.

No offense intended to the OP, but why people bring up Rutgers so much on this board is sad to me. They're probably more relevant on this board than anywhere else in the world (aside from stink ass New Brunswick). Disclaimer... I was born in NJ so I am allowed to crap on the state.

Start of the season has been weird. Lots of unexpected scores. I could see us entering the Georgetown game at 2-7 or 8-1.
Much more parity out there. Lots of quick fix-plug n’ play players on teams - then there are other midmajor type programs that have kept continuity with their own experienced players. This may be the season where there are many games reflecting the old saying ‘anything can happen on any given night’ on many many nights.

No offense intended to the OP, but why people bring up Rutgers so much on this board is sad to me. They're probably more relevant on this board than anywhere else in the world (aside from stink ass New Brunswick). Disclaimer... I was born in NJ so I am allowed to crap on the state.
Long History against Rutgers (Jammin James Bailey Vs Roosevelt Bouie,National Champ team loss) to name a few over 45 + Years

Much more parity out there. Lots of quick fix-plug n’ play players on teams - then there are other midmajor type programs that have kept continuity with their own experienced players. This may be the season where there are many games reflecting the old saying ‘anything can happen on any given night’ on many many nights.
College basketball has been that way for years.

College basketball has been that way for years.
In previous years players weren’t all granted an extra year including seniors a 5th or 6th year to play or transfer and play immediately though. The new Overtime Elite Developmental league didn’t exist either. What we’ve seen previously was accentuated this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom