LaRay Smith has 3 finalists | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

LaRay Smith has 3 finalists

Laray Smith has become our most important recruit, hands down. We need explosive players, and he could be the most explosive that we are reruiting (as far as we know)

Staff visiting him and a few others today in NYC. :)

Fizz (for what it's worth - they spoke directly to Laray) is reporting WVU is getting involved. No offer from them yet.

Fizz (for what it's worth - they spoke directly to Laray) is reporting WVU is getting involved. No offer from them yet.
Like the freaking election I wish this would end. In our favor of course but I'm too old for this stuff.The anticipation is rough and we are closing in on basketball which offers the most game stress. Yes even more than football. Thats because my expectations in BB are far more high end and I know what we are capable of doing on the court.

And that the coaches never made it to NYC.

And

Dylan Butler (@Dylan_Butler)
9/26/12, 10:26 PM
Xaverian star RB Laray Smith is set to take an unofficial visit to West Virginia Saturday. Mountaineers face Baylor. #msgvrecruit

The hits just keep coming!!

And

Xaverian star RB Laray Smith is set to take an unofficial visit to West Virginia Saturday. Mountaineers face Baylor. #msgvrecruit

He'll be there at the same time as Malique Belfort. Neither have WVU offers yet, though. Anyone know if they're friends? NYC guys seem to always have a connection with each other.

And

What hits? serious question.

WVU involved out of blue.
Cuse coaches dont make it to NYC.
Laray goes to WVU.

1 after another on twitter.

thanks for the reply. I don't see those being hits. kids are going to be recruited all through the season.

On not making it to NYC. There's no details. The coaches are out recruiting. They didn't stiff anybody, things were likely rescheduled and the coaches I'm sure were making other visits. You can be sure they weren't hanging out back at manley not doing anything.

thanks for the reply. I don't see those being hits. kids are going to be recruited all through the season.
I think it read a little more dramatically then i intended. It was one of those things were you are reading along to twitter and in the course of a few min bad news starts piling in.

What hits? serious question.
I presume the "hits" he is referring to is the viable interest in Laray from other quality schools playing high quality teams like Baylor and perhaps winning on a visit. Thats my presumption.:noidea:

I presume the "hits" he is referring to is the viable interest in Laray from other quality schools playing high quality teams like Baylor and perhaps winning on a visit. Thats my presumption.:noidea:
Same thing that was said when I posted that Belfort was going to the WVU-Baylor game, and I'll correct again. He's going to visit WEST VIRGINIA while they play Baylor. I don't think Baylor's coaches are going to be sitting down with a recruit that WVU is bringing to their campus for an unofficial visit with them.

@JohnGarcia_Jr
Brooklyn (N.Y.) Xaverian RB/track star Laray Smith picked up track offers from #OleMiss & #Illinois recently. He wants to do both in college
Interesting. It's not like he could play track and football with just a track schollie, unless they have also given him a football scholarship, as well.

Interesting. It's not like he could play track and football with just a track schollie, unless they have also given him a football scholarship, as well.
Right...so he'd get a football scholarship and play both. Cuse is at a bit of a disadvantage if track is a high priority of his.

Right...so he'd get a football scholarship and play both. Cuse is at a bit of a disadvantage if track is a high priority of his.
Cuse just had a kid win a national championship in hurdles. It's not like we're a no name program in track.

Cuse just had a kid win a national championship in hurdles. It's not like we're a no name program in track.

Far from it - we're better than we've been in more than a half-century.

Chris Fox has worked wonders. Yet another underrated home run courtesy of Daryl Gross.

Chris Fox is a master of XC and Track and Field, I hope that scores us some points. We need LaRay. The more I watch our offense the more I think we need speed like his.

Far from it - we're better than we've been in more than a half-century.

Chris Fox has worked wonders. Yet another underrated home run courtesy of Daryl Gross.
Chris Fox is a great coach of middle and long distance runners. I think he's done an amazing job (see cross-country teams) but it's been reported that other track athletes, particularly the field athletes are not getting scholarships or the attention on the team they believe they deserve.