LaRay Smith has 3 finalists | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

LaRay Smith has 3 finalists

So is this still happening today? Is this televised anywhere? What time of day is his announcement expected?

Gotta a good feeling about adding Laray to the Cuse, could be a big day for SU recruiting if we can land Smith and EO on the same day...

at the Semper Fidelis AA game.

At this point I'm half-expecting Laray to commit to Tennessee, and when asked why he chose them over SU, give the following answer:

"Well, the SU message board spent 2,000 posts on Ebo and just 150 on me. It was clear I was wanted more at Rocky Top."

Great he has pushed his announcement back he will not be making his decision tonight. Not a good sign.

Great he has pushed his announcement back he will not be making his decision tonight. Not a good sign.
Probably just means he wants to see about the coaching issues first. Once Marrone is deemed to be coming back in the next ten days, Smith will lock in.

Probably just means he wants to see about the coaching issues first. Once Marrone is deemed to be coming back in the next ten days, Smith will lock in.

Lol

I believe he has been lied to a couple times now. I have a feeling he was told anselmo was going to be retained . You can just imagine how frustrated he and Gus must be. But still uconn? I know your mad but lets not be stupid you would only hurt yourself

if these supposed great recruiters brought in for the offense aren't able to even salvage the NYS kids who were committed or heavy SU leans, then color me unimpressed - you simply can't lose a kid to a P led (likely in his last season - very hot seat) team that's stuck in college football purgatory (aka the big east)

if these supposed great recruiters brought in for the offense aren't able to even salvage the NYS kids who were committed or heavy SU leans, then color me unimpressed - you simply can't lose a kid to a P led (likely in his last season - very hot seat) team that's stuck in college football purgatory (aka the big east)
it has nothing to do with the current recruiters they were lied to. They don't trust the university or are extremely pissed off

Who knows where the new staff has been focusing their efforts or if they were given the cold shoulder by some of the prior commitments/leans? And since when does a 17 year old always do something that's in their best interest? Losing the prior staff was going to be a problem in hanging on to some of these kids.

it has nothing to do with the current recruiters they were lied to. They don't trust the university or are extremely pissed off
They were given the best information that was available at the time. Lied to is a strong word. And there is no motivation on the part of he University to lie to any recruit.

they weren't lied to - good lord - that would be the dumbest lie ever, given that the staff changes happened well before signing day

what's not to trust with the university? the school hasn't changed, the players on the team haven't changed and the new coaches for the offense and their position have been announced well before signing day. I think saying they don't trust the university is silly.

and they're extremely pissed off at whom? extremely pissed off at the current staff b/c the guys they thought were staying subsequently resigned and took NFL jobs? so you're going to show them by signing with a staff on its way out and then be stuck in a mid-major conference playing for an unknown staff that didn't recruit you? seems like it should be relatively easy to overcome if true.

bottom line - new guys need to get back in there and close

they weren't lied to - good lord - that would be the dumbest lie ever, given that the staff changes happened well before signing day

what's not to trust with the university? the school hasn't changed, the players on the team haven't changed and the new coaches for the offense and their position have been announced well before signing day. I think saying they don't trust the university is silly.

and they're extremely pissed off at whom? extremely pissed off at the current staff b/c the guys they thought were staying subsequently resigned and took NFL jobs? so you're going to show them by signing with a staff on its way out and then be stuck in a mid-major conference playing for an unknown staff that didn't recruit you? seems like it should be relatively easy to overcome if true.

Some guys were lied too and told hackett was staying by Floyd Little... I'm sure it's not Floyd's fault... H was conveying what he was told to say... Rumor is Hacket had his new SU contract in hand to sign when Marrone called and said - greenlight, your coming to Buffalo.

I would guess that both Hackett and Marrone kept quiet about his hire before it was confirmed, and the program thought Hacket was truly coming back... but who knows...

The result was pretty unprofessional, unfortunately.

Can we stop this nonsense? There is an ethical chasm between lying and being misinformed.
A lie is an intentional effort to deceive someone by saying something you know to be untrue.
By all accounts, Little was repeating what he had been told by SU brass, who were going on what they had been initially told by FHCDM.
Purposefully trying to mislead a recruit under those circumstances would have been foolish, since the truth would come out soon enough.

Maybe painting the misinformation as a "lie" helps a recruit justify his decision (which in hind-sight appears to be a poor one), but it shouldn't be at the expense of calling-out Floyd Little's basic integrity as a man.

yes they were . Either that or laray is lying. As late as last week they were told anselmo would be on the staff

yes they were . Either that or laray is lying. As late as last week they were told anselmo would be on the staff
Whatever. I won't generally comment on a recruit, but my feeling here is this was going to be one of those ABS situations anyway.

Ok let's not use lie lets say told one thing and something else happens a few days later. Call it what you want but these kids are frustrated . Who's fault is it ? Nobody's really this stuff happens all the time but the result is usually losing these players because they lose faith in that school . Bottom line is these kids need to realize they are committing to a university not coaches because coaches change all the time . They also have to understand if given the opportunity they would jump at going to Alabama LSU or even the nfl early if given the chance. It goes both ways . But who knows maybe they do understand that but were intentionally mo's informed . Probably not but he is frustrated about something . I'm sure if anselmo told him straight up there is a chance I may not be here that he wouldn't be so mad so something happened that these recruits didn't like and I am basing that off of what is being said.

That's a very strong accusation, anomander. Who do you think generated the lie? Was it Anselmo himself or was it some other coach who knew that Anselmo was leaving? And do you think they thought they could perpetuate that lie through LOI signing day?
I would have a hard time rooting for us if I believed we lied to kids.

That's a very strong accusation, anomander. Who do you think generated the lie? Was it Anselmo himself or was it some other coach who knew that Anselmo was leaving? And do you think they thought they could perpetuate that lie through LOI signing day?
I would have a hard time rooting for us if I believed we lied to kids.
I am not saying they were intentionally lied to. I am totally basing this off of the words that came out of larays mouth when he found out anselmo was not coming back. As late as last week he was told he was. That is all I am saying .

I am not saying they were intentionally lied to. I am totally basing this off of the words that came out of larays mouth when he found out anselmo was not coming back. As late as last week he was told he was. That is all I am saying .
Then have a cooler head and use less explosive words. If someone transmits information that is proven wrong, that doesn't make them a liar. Lying is a character issue that I hope our coaches don't have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom