LaRay Smith has 3 finalists | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

LaRay Smith has 3 finalists

I am totally basing this off of the words that came out of larays mouth when he found out anselmo was not coming back. As late as last week he was told he was. That is all I am saying .

Then this is on John Anselmo. NOT anybody currently on the Syracuse staff.

Whatever was conveyed to Laray was because John Anselmo said he was going to be here.

yes they were . Either that or laray is lying. As late as last week they were told anselmo would be on the staff
again - if you tell a kid that coach Anselmo is staying, and then Coach Anselmo subsequently gets an offer and resigns to go work in the NFL, you did not lie to the kid - you did not know coach Anselmo was going to leave for the NFL and at the time he was still going to be on the staff

would seem pretty ridiculous to me to hold it against a school when a coach they thought they were keeping resigns and goes to work in the NFL

Hey - if a kid wants to go play one season for the staff at UConn and then 3 or 4 more years for whoever they can find to replace them against the East Carolinas and SMUs of the world with no one watching - that's their business. But to decide to do that b/c a defensive coach at SU resigned to take a NFL job would be one of the dumber reasons I have ever heard.

(oh, and btw, the OC and RB coaches at UConn were just hired as well, so not like the kid has a long standing relationship with those guys either)

Then have a cooler head and use less explosive words. If someone transmits information that is proven wrong, that doesn't make them a liar. Lying is a character issue that I hope our coaches don't have.

Maybe this staff doesn't but who knows about the prior staff? How avout When marrone told his assistants who then told recruits that his interviewing for nfl jobs was just a rumor. Is that considered a lie? All I'm saying in this profession you can't always be 100% truthful . It happens.

Then this is on John Anselmo. NOT anybody currently on the Syracuse staff.

Whatever was conveyed to Laray was because John Anselmo said he was going to be here.

Totally agree all this is the past staff

Laray needs to get a Twitter account so we can all know what he's thinking and feeling! lol

The recruiting of Edwards and Smith is going to be an interesting small sample of what or how this staff reacts to NYC kids. I'd like to hear what the current SU staff is telling these kids and also how they feel about the very solid group of rb's we already have on the team, sometimes I wonder if this isn't scaring them off a little too. I'm sure it's a combo of things like what happens most of the time and hopefully if we don't get these two SU will still be going strong in the downstate and hopefully tri-state areas in the future.

Maybe this staff doesn't but who knows about the prior staff? How avout When marrone told his assistants who then told recruits that his interviewing for nfl jobs was just a rumor. Is that considered a lie? All I'm saying in this profession you can't always be 100% truthful . It happens.
yup - that is considered a lie - but he's no longer at SU or affiliated with the program

either way, this all goes back to my original point - you're great recruiters, these kids were once sold on Syracuse but are now pissed/disillusioned/looking elsewhere - sell, fix it and bring them to SU

It honestly doesn't matter how we feel it went down. It's the players perception, right or wrong, that matters most.

Hopefully, he's able to look past those feelings enough to give the new staff a fair shake.

(Plus, no amount of anger should blind one to the dangers of playing for UCONN. Yikes.)

The recruiting of Edwards and Smith is going to be an interesting small sample of what or how this staff reacts to NYC kids. I'd like to hear what the current SU staff is telling these kids and also how they feel about the very solid group of rb's we already have on the team, sometimes I wonder if this isn't scaring them off a little too. I'm sure it's a combo of things like what happens most of the time and hopefully if we don't get these two SU will still be going strong in the downstate and hopefully tri-state areas in the future.
I know the standard response is that the quality kids aren't afraid of competition but a smart kid might say why do I want to run a gauntlet? Its kind of like our KR player running into the middle of the coverage teamFar more successful if you can avoid the masses.

Yeah Cali, every kid is different and some might like to be the big fish in a small pond and some don't mind being the 4th string tailback because they are confident they will be #1 someday, they're all different and you never know what's going to get them to sign in February. I don't know what these two think but it certainly would be nice to see them at Syracuse.

It's one thing to say that recruits could have felt lied to based on the events that went down (i.e. people with the program saying one thing and another thing happening) and another to say that someone lied. And no it's not cutting hairs.

The only person that we have enough information to determine whether they really lied about anything, in my opinion, was Marrone when trying to deflect inquiries as to whether he was interviewing elsewhere. And personally I don't blame him for that. There's no need to cause a bunch of panic when you're not 100% sure you're leaving.

I think it's ridiculous that he went to Indiana. I think he made a mistake. He should be in orange instead of the cornfields in the Midwest.

pitythefool.jpg

Was more bummed about Laray than anyone else (EO/etc). I have a pretty good spidey sense for people, and in his interviews he just seemed...I dunno...really liked him. Conversely, he seems like a unique guy, so I can understand how we wanted to experience something a little different (midwest).

Good luck to the kid. He never really loved Syracuse and was waiting for Oregon to offer, but that never came through. Once DM & Co left, Syracuse had zero chance.

No need to harp on the kid. Would've loved to seen that speed in the Dome, but it is what it is. Of any position, RB was the one we could've handled a lack of a commitment. I hope it works out for him, and if not, maybe he would've regretted not playing for the in-state Orange.

And all of these nice words clearly doesn't hide the fact that Indiana is a joke of a football school. Just saying.

Good luck to the kid. He never really loved Syracuse and was waiting for Oregon to offer, but that never came through. Once DM & Co left, Syracuse had zero chance.

No need to harp on the kid. Would've loved to seen that speed in the Dome, but it is what it is. Of any position, RB was the one we could've handled a lack of a commitment. I hope it works out for him, and if not, maybe he would've regretted not playing for the in-state Orange.

And all of these nice words clearly doesn't hide the fact that Indiana is a joke of a football school. Just saying.

LOL .. just sayin ... not sure how he could have not loved SU but loved IU ... because last I looked we were better in hoops too ... and I would believe that to be the only reason to go to Bloomington.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom