Votes: 26 96.3%

• Total voters

2-3zone

2nd String
Triche, Southerland, MCW and CJ Fair?

This year the draft is very weak maybe it's a good time for CJ to make the jump

What is with this? Why are so many people saying CJ's gone? MCW, yes, I get it. He's gone. He'll be 22 by the time training camp starts. He's not going to be a 23 year old lottery pick in 2014, when he can be a 22 year old lottery pick in 2013.

CJ Fair is projected to be #40 on NBA Draft.net's big board. He's not even projected to go in the second round this year!
http://nbadraft.net/2013mock_draft

Why on earth would he leave this year when he can come back for his senior season, be THE MAN on next year's team and potentially be a lottery pick along with Jerami Grant?
http://nbadraft.net/2014mock_draft

Unless there's something that I don't know about, he's not Paul Harris with children to feed. He has no big need to go pro right now.

CJ is by far my favorite player on this team, but I think he's the definition of a player who will have a long and successful career in Europe.

CJ is by far my favorite player on this team, but I think he's the definition of a player who will have a long and successful career in Europe.

He's right on the bubble of being a lottery pick in next year's draft. If he wins ACC POY next year/is an All-American, it's not outside the realm of possibility that he could be a top 10 pick.

But as we saw with J Flynn, there's no guarantee you'll get PT if you're a lottery pick either.

if he's right around 40th in projections for this year draft I doubt he makes the leap to being a lotto pick next year

if he's right around 40th in projections for this year draft I doubt he makes the leap to being a lotto pick next year

He's already projected to go #17 next year, after Jerami Grant at #15. If he has a MONSTER senior season, he could get into the top 10. I believe that anywhere in the top 14-15 is a lottery pick.

He's already projected to go #17 next year, after Jerami Grant at #15. If he has a MONSTER senior season, he could get into the top 10. I believe that anywhere in the top 14-15 is a lottery pick.

Wow, I guess I'm wrong then. Seems like a really big jump.

dont use nbadraft.net as a barometer. they are historically bad - especially at the following year mock.

Put it this way, Rakeem was projected as a top 20 pick in the 2013 mock last year.

CJ isnt going anywhere
If CJ is not locked into being a guaranteed first rounder, he isn't going anywhere. There are no guaranteed contracts in the second round. Just staying a year and making it somewhere in the first round is worth seven figures over two years rather than bouncing around the D league.

I would tend to agree. i wouldn't put a lot of stock in the draft projection sites a year out. Rak was supposed to be leaving after this year in the teens and thats not going to happen. Fab was projected as a lottery pick after his freshman year.

Where have you seen that? DraftExpress has him as the 59th pick in the 2014 draft right now.

I don't see him being a productive NBA player at all personally and I don't really see anything that suggests that he'll be a candidate for ACC POY unless he adds something to his game that we haven't seen from him yet.

He's too small to play PF in the NBA and not skilled enough to play SF. Maybe he'll improve his ball-handling, but at the moment, he's far too limited in terms of being an NBA player. I don't think an NBA team is going to want to spend a lottery pick on him; maybe not even a 1st round pick depending on how he measures at the combine/what he adds to his game in the offseason.

Ya gonna be hard contending for acc player of the year with all those 18 and 10 games, sheesh

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

CJ would be wise to enter the draft with no agent. Do a couple workouts and test the waters. All it takes is one team to like him. If he doesn't like what he sees, pull out.

CJ would be wise to enter the draft with no agent. Do a couple workouts and test the waters. All it takes is one team to like him. If he doesn't like what he sees, pull out.
Waste of his time. He is smart enough to know he shouldn't even be thinking about leaving this year. I doubt it has even crossed his mind.

Ya gonna be hard contending for acc player of the year with all those 18 and 10 games, sheesh

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

I feel like our team will be deeper as far as scoring options go next year. I think the absolute peak for him next year will likely be around his Big East averages (16 and 7). Good numbers, but unless I'm overestimating some of the ACC guys, I feel like that probably isn't enough to be POY. I think he'll likely end up putting up around 14 and 7 like he's averaging this year if Coleman, Xmas, Grant, Gbinije, and Cooney make the contributions I'm expecting of them next year.

If he left, he would be playing for the Bearclaws next year.

Bear_claw_pastry.JPG

With the way the CBA is structured now, if you are Dion or MCW, I wouldnt go...you need that guaranteed money.

If Fab didnt as he did, he probably should have stayed. This team with him would've been highly ranked, he wouldve got tons of pub and with this weak draft this year, he would prob been top 10.

With the way the CBA is structured now, if you are Dion or MCW, I wouldnt go...you need that guaranteed money.

If Fab didnt as he did, he probably should have stayed. This team with him would've been highly ranked, he wouldve got tons of pub and with this weak draft this year, he would prob been top 10.

Yeah, I definitely think Fab would have improved his draft stock had he stayed, but obviously he had other reasons for making the jump as soon as he did.

Dion made the right decision to leave, and MCW likely is making the right decision as well, though if not for his age, I feel like he'd improve his draft stock by coming back to play with a more talented group next year while working on his shooting in the offseason to get it back to the way it was in high school for him.

Yeah, I definitely think Fab would have improved his draft stock had he stayed, but obviously he had other reasons for making the jump as soon as he did.

Dion made the right decision to leave, and MCW likely is making the right decision as well, though if not for his age, I feel like he'd improve his draft stock by coming back to play with a more talented group next year while working on his shooting in the offseason to get it back to the way it was in high school for him.

Sorry I meant UNLESS you are Dion or MCW. Basically if you are lottery or close to lottery, go.

CJ is a very down to earth humble kid he owes us nothing.
That being said I really could see him come back next year to be a leader with Gbinije and a preseason all country AA.
He could use another year to extend his 3 point range to NBA range.

Mike could really really use another year. Hes getting drafted on potential. To jump now though will help him mask his lack of offensive game into a non developed yet, instead of a doesn't have it catagory. There is 0 non scoring PG's with all star potential in the NBA. Alittle humbleness and humility could possibly bring him back.

Ignoring the fact that Carl jr. is not a first round pick this year just based on what I have seen and heard from him I look at him as a program kinda kid don't think he would leave before he graduates. Just my 2 cents (and that is exactly what it is worth).

goodbye and thank you to
Triche
Southerland
MCW
Roc
Hop

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics