Latest on Hopkins situation is... | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Latest on Hopkins situation is...

Well it appears he has told Hopkins shat! And gee good luck!

Doesn't sound like a happy family. Regardless not a good turn of events for as U especially if recruits see Hopkins one foot out of the door.
How do you know he hasn't told Hop that he intends to coach 5 more years? And that's why he (Hop) is looking? As I said, no one know what he has told anyone.

I wouldn't be totally surprised if JB has already coached his last game at Syracuse. I mean, it's been a pretty strange last 5 weeks. Some of the things we've seen/ heard lately dovetail in with that possibility.

And the fact that nothing has been leaked to the media regarding an offer is good news.

I wouldn't be totally surprised if JB has already coached his last game at Syracuse. I mean, it's been a pretty strange last 5 weeks. Some of the things we've seen/ heard lately dovetail in with that possibility.

No as has been stated here 100 times before he is coaching on the 2016 Olimpic games. Therefore will continue on to at least 2016.

Wouldn't be surprised if he hangs it up after the 2015-2016 season.

Halfmooncuse said:
Well it appears he has told Hopkins shat! And gee good luck! Doesn't sound like a happy family. Regardless not a good turn of events for as U especially if recruits see Hopkins one foot out of the door.

I don't think you understand the relationship JB and Hop have.

No as has been stated here 100 times before he is coaching on the 2016 Olimpic games. Therefore will continue on to at least 2016.

Wouldn't be surprised if he hangs it up after the 2015-2016 season.
JB also has stated 100 times that he will hang it up when he decides that he no longer has the fire in the belly to coach any longer. He has stated that he could very well wake up one day to find that's become the case and that he doesn't have ANY PARTICULAR TIMEFRAME for when that may be. JB has always done things on HIS terms and in HIS time frame and feels at times as though he doesn't owe anybody an explanation about certain things. The Olympic timetable is not one that was specifically stated by JB. He said he believes that a prerequisite of being on the Olympic coaching staff is that it should be comprised by "active coaches". Who is to say that he may decide he has had enough and it's time to step aside?

JB also has stated 100 times that he will hang it up when he decides that he no longer has the fire in the belly to coach any longer. He has stated that he could very well wake up one day to find that had become the case and that he doesn't have ANY PARTICULAR TIMEFRAME for when that may be. JB has always done things on HIS terms and in HIS time frame and feels at times as though he doesn't owe anybody an explanation about certain things. The Olympic timetable is not one that was specifically stated by JB. He said he believes that a prerequisite of being on the Olympic coaching staff is that it should be comprised by "active coaches". Who is to say that he may decide he has had enough and it's time to step aside?
I thought the common wisdom was the K said that - not Boeheim.

Of course he's in talks with SU. BC gave him a timeframe. Probably 48-72 hours.

There's between $1 million and $2 million on the table with Hop's BC offer, yes? More with camps, endorsements, etc. In big money offers, the window to respond typically is 48 hours max but probably more like 24 hours. With that much money floating around and others interested in the job, BC's going to want to know quickly, and it's not like the process is new to Hop. He's already thought it out, the only thing different is the offering school. Best bet at this point is Hop's already made his decision and informed BC one way or the other.

There's between $1 million and $2 million on the table with Hop's BC offer, yes? More with camps, endorsements, etc. In big money offers, the window to respond typically is 48 hours max but probably more like 24 hours. With that much money floating around and others interested in the job, BC's going to want to know quickly, and it's not like the process is new to Hop. He's already thought it out, the only thing different is the offering school. Best bet at this point is Hop's already made his decision and informed BC one way or the other.
I think the info planted with Thamel means it is highly likely a decision has been made or is about to be made momentarily.

I don't think BC would announce a new candidate if they were waiting for Hops decision..

rstone7727 said:
I don't think BC would announce a new candidate if they were waiting for Hops decision..

BC didn't release it. Read Thamel's tweet.

I thought the common wisdom was the K said that - not Boeheim.

From a Syracuse.com story at the time of the announcement that JB would again coach the Olympic team with Coach K:

"But the Olympic announcement provides us with something we have never had in the Boeheim discussion.

12912078-large.jpg
AP
A natural deadline.

When it was suggested to Mike Krzyzewski recently by his wife, Mickie, that it might be easier on him to coach USA Basketball if he were no longer the Duke head coach, he disagreed with her.

"I said really, it's just the opposite," Krzyzewski said. "I don't think anybody should coach the team unless they're coaching. In other words, you gotta stay sharp. I'm coaching in the best league, against the best competition, the best players that I can."

While Boeheim hasn't commented on this specifically (as of this writing) you would have to make a strong assumption he agrees with Coach K on this point.

If Boehiem does subscribe to Coach K's "stay sharp" theory, that gives him three more seasons (2013-14, 2014-15, 2015-16) leading right up to the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.

manleyzoo said:

I have noooo clue what kind of money is involved. But since it's being reported others are involved I'd guess Hop said no.

Christian is at Ohio, not THE OSU.

Oops sorry - reading comprehension - uggh. I was surprised that an OSU assistant I never heard of was being considered. If I had read correctly - I wouldn't have been surprised. :bat:

JB also has stated 100 times that he will hang it up when he decides that he no longer has the fire in the belly to coach any longer. He has stated that he could very well wake up one day to find that's become the case and that he doesn't have ANY PARTICULAR TIMEFRAME for when that may be. JB has always done things on HIS terms and in HIS time frame and feels at times as though he doesn't owe anybody an explanation about certain things. The Olympic timetable is not one that was specifically stated by JB. He said he believes that a prerequisite of being on the Olympic coaching staff is that it should be comprised by "active coaches". Who is to say that he may decide he has had enough and it's time to step aside?
I believe JB also stated something of a solid statement that he'd coach McCullough right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom