LAX Action for Feb 13-14 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

LAX Action for Feb 13-14

5-2 Hoos. Army double poling the first mid line with Shellenberger and Bertrand getting the pole. Aitkin working on the second line but has a goal.

5-4 UVA end of 1q. Army O looks more diversified than expected and they are banging as expected

UVA LaScalla winning most faceoffs. Noticed that Betrand and Shellenberger have been on wings on some faceoffs rather than ssdm. Tiffany favoring quick strike capability

Blue collar feed coming in from Charlottesville. Why the NCAA won’t go to multiple games during the week and a later start int the calendar is beyond me? Lacrosse is not football. I think the guys can handle 2 games a week. fields are not ready in February even in mid Atlantic.

Army playing tough!

Army’s offense seems to be more effective when it attacks early. Kind of bogs down when the possession is extended. But they did score at the end of the shot clock on their fourth goal.

Lascalla 9-10 with UVA having ball much of time otherwise Army could be up. They are battling

Also, it felt like the announcers are checking Twitter and this forum for updates on game. Mentioned Rhodes and other tidbits i have read by the experts on the inter webs

Nice feed from Nichtern, good save on point blank shot by UVA goalie.

Schulpler is really good . Seven good saves already

Cormier is underrated

Dont know how many are watching or trying to follow. Tell me to STOP if my updates are unnecessary.

Nichtern had two good shots stopped by goalie.

Army has been able to transition up and down with UVA and adjusting better to UVA ride

I am watching and still appreciate the updates
Dont know how many are watching or trying to follow. Tell me to STOP if my updates are unnecessary.

Nichtern had two good shots stopped by goalie.

Army has been able to transition up and down with UVA and adjusting better to UVA ride

Tiffany is following SUs gsme plan from last year and attacking through the midfield. Army's aoft spot is middie defense. They can't hang with Cormier

Entertaining first half. Some great scrums. That goal right before half is a tough one for Army. Army D and keeper have been impressive for long stretches but Hoos offense through 1.5 games has been scary.

8-4 Hoos at half. UVA just too much offensively. Army can’t afford to lose that many face offs against this team. Goalies shaky early but both settled down and made good saves, Schlupper is just seeing more shots. Think Sausted is doing a good job against Nichtern, being very physical.

Tiffany really mixing things up on offense. Shellenberger has been on face off wings, midfield and down on attack in replace of Cormier. They are also playing a lot of guys and mixing up combinations. They really don’t wait around on offense to shoot.

8-4 as Cormier scores his 3rd goal back breaker with second left in half .

UVA has so many weapons but think Cormier is their second best player after Moore. Just a handful.

Think Army D has been good and Schulperseeing ball well but UVAgetting off on slightest openings .

UVA frosh goalie got off slow but made some good sdavesd in 2q. Army has not the ball that much but were able to get some decent looks in 2h

Game is tighter than score imo

8-4 as Cormier scores his 3rd goal back breaker with second left in half .

UVA has so many weapons but think Cormier is their second best player after Moore. Just a handful.

Think Army D has been good and Schulperseeing ball well but UVAgetting off on slightest openings .

UVA frosh goalie got off slow but made some good sdavesd in 2q. Army has not the ball that much but were able to get some decent looks in 2h

Game is tighter than score imo
Wish Army could generate some offense. Asking too much from defense

9-4 on Laviano score off sharp pass. Army is good, UVA just better

Nictern scores 9-5 , Uva goalie just made a nice stop on him

Gonna note more on Army as next opponent .

Cohesive as always, look bit more athletic than last year. Graduated those two big crease att but replacements are more mobile. Nictern passes well to cutters and there has been step down shooters. Our D has to be alert and Porter cant be off.

mid Garno scores second on man up 10-5 uva

uva frosh goalie has been very good since slow 1q

Moore with hat trick 11-5 uva

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors