LAX Action for Feb 5-7 | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

LAX Action for Feb 5-7

Powell

Know Duke is going to be very good but felt some comfort watching them yesterday

UVA looks downright scary today so that feeling has left me

and I doubt UNC will restore that any sense of comfort tomorrow

Turned it on at 4-4 and was surprised to see a tie game in the second. Then UVA seemingly turned the after burners. Cormier is a scary matchup and Bertrand looks like a body double out there. Seems like they are switching off between attack and mid. Don’t think Towson is bringing much to the table here (especially down their head coach) but it’s still impressive.

Think both Duke and UVA allow teams to stay in it with the way they play defense. They over extend and seem to only know one way to play at all times. Think this will always make them vulnerable but you gotta have the horses to keep up.
Agreed. All of the top ten teams can score. They are like super teams in the nba with the transfers and increased eligibility for all. The key will be stopping them from scoring and I feel like we have the players on the defensive midfield and goalie to match up. It will be interesting to see how our post defense shapes up.

Hate to be that guy but Syracuse go after Bertrand in the transfer portal? Stings when they show Baldswinville as his hometown. He is a force.

Let’s remember that Towson was 0-6 last year and gave up 15 to Hopkins and Loyola. And they don’t have their coach on the sideline. They will go up against better defenses. But yeah Bertrand did a lot of things strait up 1 v 1 against a pole that will be scary no matter what.

Duke and UVA offenses are great - and I'm sure UNC offense will look great tomorrow. Even Notre Dame has a lot of firepower with their transfers. This shouldn't be a surprise for any of us given the incredible talent before and after the off-season transfers. Every ACC conference game will be up for grabs IMO - but this has been the case for many years. Cuse is probably the most balanced of the ACC teams but we will need our offense to be more explosive than last year with increased production from attack and man-up - we can't ask our stellar midfield and special teams (FO and goalie) to consistently dominate against these ACC opponents. I think Hiltz may be a very important factor, particularly seeing the impact of O'Neill and Shellenberger this weekend. We will see if the Cuse "chemistry" from last year carries over to this season.

Denver at Duke game is up on youtube for those who don't get ACCN

Quite a few youtube ads

Why didn't Bertrand go D-1?
Don't remember his recruitment that well. But I'd guess a combination of wanting Mechanical Engineering as a major and not playing for one of the "top" club teams while in HS. His next 3 school choices were LeMoyne, Siena, and Fairfield.

Let’s remember that Towson was 0-6 last year and gave up 15 to Hopkins and Loyola. And they don’t have their coach on the sideline. They will go up against better defenses. But yeah Bertrand did a lot of things strait up 1 v 1 against a pole that will be scary no matter what.

Also seems important to point out that I think UVA has been practicing since early January, so they they’ve been at this a while. Frustrating that SU has to play them in their second game of the season, but it is what it is.

IDK, if Bertrand grew up playing in Indiana I might have my reservations but he grew playing in Section3 at BVille. Spent his whole life cutting his teeth against the best players in the country and played club ball with Team United which is Carcaterra's brother's program. 3 time All-American and 6-3 220? Biggest kid on the field. He was 18-5 though 6 games in his first D1 season with scouting reports aimed at stopping him.

I think he's going to be very good in the 6/6 settled offense and I wouldn't get to caught up in positions. He'll be all over the half court set.

So Bertrand was 4-2 in his UVA opener against Towson.

So Bertrand was 4-2 in his UVA opener against Towson.
Yep, Betrand looked great . big, strong, fluid talent. His length is hard to guard and he sees field very well. He fit in seamlessly and looked like he's been playing with UVA for years

Hope Ierlan at least enjoys the craft breweries of Denver. Should have come to Cuse

Jack Hannah has to ride the pine for a bit at this point. Just a liability out there despite his talent.

This is more about UNC talent than Denver's incompetence.

The stats on UNC before and after Gray tell how great of a impact he has made bringing out the best in all those talents

Bet Tierney's wants to rethink starting off against the ACC this year...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom