LAX Pick’em Week 2

Powellfan

Renowned lacrosse analyst
FLHd6yoXEAIe-lj

Syracuse -5 over Holy Cross
UNC -3 over Richmond
Rutgers -6 over St Johns
Maryland -3 over Loyola

I don’t know a thing about gambling. What do the over and under numbers mean? Like, the +400 for the Syracuse game—what does that mean?

Virginia -6.5 over High Point
MD -3 over Loyola
Duke -9.5 over Manhattan
G'town -4 over John Hopkins

I don’t know a thing about gambling. What do the over and under numbers mean? Like, the +400 for the Syracuse game—what does that mean?

Those are the money line odds, the greater the + number, the bigger the underdog.

If you were betting the Money Line, you would have to bet $460 to win $100 on Syracuse straight up (the favorite), or you could bet $100 to win $400 on Holy Cross (the underdog).

Over and under is the total number of goals scored by both teams. In each case you're betting $110 to win $100.

Lehigh -7.5 - Not sold on the Mountain Hawks but NJIT is god awful

Syracuse -5 - If we can't cover here we have bigger problems then even I thought

Maryland -3 - Loyola is in major trouble

UNC -5 - Gate is reportedly improved but their no match for UNC

Last edited:
If you were betting the Money Line, you would have to bet $460 to win $100 on Syracuse straight up (the favorite), or you could bet $100 to win $400 on Holy Cross (the underdog).

Over and under is the total number of goals scored by both teams. In each case you're betting $110 to win $100.

Pissed NY doesn't have Lax betting for some reason. DK has it in other states, not sure why NY and a few others are being left out.

UNC (Richmond) -3
Vermont -2.5
MD -3
SU -5

3-1 last week

Last edited:
Maryland -3 vs Loyola
UNC -3 vs Richmond
Towson +1.5 vs Hopkins
Jacksonville +7.5 at Duke

Loyola hasn't looked too strong in its scrimmages, still one doesn't want to put too much value on scrimmages. Maryland looked offensively potent last weekend.
Hard to know if UNC's midfield will be ready. Richmond can be fairly tough. I think Chris Gray maybe will be the difference.
Gotta root for my former Terps N.DeMaio, Berkeley and Avanzato against Hopkins. On LSN friday.
Jacksonville gave Hopkins a pretty good fight last weekend, Duke is better than Hopkins, but Duke has been known to sputter a bit in the early going and a large number of goals in the spread.

Last edited:
Maryland -3 vs Loyola
UNC -3 vs Richmond
Towson +1.5 vs Hopkins
Jacksonville +7.5 at Duke

Loyola hasn't looked too strong in its scrimmages, still one doesn't want to put too much value on scrimmages. Maryland looked offensively potent last weekend.
Hard to know if UNC's midfield will be ready. Richmond can be fairly tough. I think Chris Gray maybe will be the difference.
Gotta root for my former Terps N.DeMaio, Berkeley and Avanzato against Hopkins. On LSN friday.
Jacksonville gave Hopkins a pretty good fight last weekend, Duke is better than Hopkins, but Duke has been known to sputter a bit in the early going and a large number of goals in the spread.
unc game notes has gray, kelly and solomon.
then grad o'connell and the 2 schertzingers @ mid.
on d two frosh and soph max cooney who played in 2 games last year. sean morris not listed maybe banged up.

not the lineup i'd have expected. richmond has taken 2 out of 5 since 2015. game notes can be wrong, just from the one i typically track.

unc game notes has gray, kelly and solomon.
then grad o'connell and the 2 schertzingers @ mid.
on d two frosh and soph max cooney who played in 2 games last year. sean morris not listed maybe banged up.

not the lineup i'd have expected. richmond has taken 2 out of 5 since 2015. game notes can be wrong, just from the one i typically track.
Egad. Perhaps, I should switch. That doesn't look real good.
The point spread isn't very high though. Some of those highly touted freshmen midfielders should get in there. UNC should be able to dominate the face-offs with Tucci and Mullins. So perhaps I will hold with the pick.

Egad. Perhaps, I should switch. That doesn't look real good.
The point spread isn't very high though. Some of those highly touted freshmen midfielders should get in there. UNC should be able to dominate the face-offs with Tucci and Mullins. So perhaps I will hold with the pick.
could be nothing. every school probably does it a little different. 1st game might be sid going with a scrimmage lineup and several guys were held out to heal or to look at other guys. or...

UNC -5.5 v. Gate
SU - 5 v. HC
Duke -7.5 v. Jax
UMD -3 v. Loyola

Last edited:
RU up 7-5 over Marist. RU shooting % not great but their crushing faceoffs which is probably why they are up.

Syracuse -5 over Holy Cross
Maryland -3 over Loyola
UNC -3 over Richmond
Delaware -3 over Mt. St. Mary's

Maryland -3 v. Loyola
Vermont -2.5 v. Utah
Syracuse -5 v. Holy Cross
Denver -3 v. Air Force

2-2 for 2 points last week

UNC -3 vs Richmond
Maryland -3
Syracuse -5