Class of 2019 - LB Geoffrey Cantin-Arku (QC) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18 | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 LB Geoffrey Cantin-Arku (QC) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18

His film shows good coverage skills for a LB of his size. A switch is always possible. I wouldnt be surprised to see Richards go there full time
I figured maybe one of them. While size is great at LB, we’re returning some big dogs mixed with guys like Tre, Juan, Nadarius etc. who may have good feels for the defense by next season.

Not that Cantin shouldn’t be focused on as a LB heading into camp. I just see 6’4 220 out of highschool and think DE. A lot like Kingsley jonathan

His film shows good coverage skills for a LB of his size. A switch is always possible. I wouldnt be surprised to see Richards go there full time
We have in my opinion more than enough de this year and the following years. Our goal is to get better as a team but to also put these kids in Nfl and there aren’t a lot of 6’4” ends in nfl unless ur freeney who was faster than 99% of the Rb and receivers. We gotta keep these kids at lb.

We have in my opinion more than enough de this year and the following years. Our goal is to get better as a team but to also put these kids in Nfl and there aren’t a lot of 6’4” ends in nfl unless ur freeney who was faster than 99% of the Rb and receivers. We gotta keep these kids at lb.
While we all would love to have big and tall LB's, I don't think you have looked at the DE roster for 2020 very closely then. We just signed some other very good LB prospects that will likely stay at the LB positions. The staff will stick him at wherever he helps us most. I could see him ending up at either position.

I'm hoping our 6-2 to 6-4 220 lb linebackers stay at linebacker. That's how big our linebackers were out of high school back in the early 90's. I see that size and I think SEC sized linebacker. I'd rather we start with 240# DE coming out of high school. Kids will grow and move around some but it would be better if we didn't have to grow 220lb into 260lb.

We lose alton, coleman and pickard after 2019

We lose Berry to, 2020 is not ideal right now but there's this year and next year to recruit.

Potential 2020 as it stands
Jonathan SR - 6-3 256
Morton RJR - 6-4 243
Richards RJR - 6-4 227
Okechukwu RSO - 6-4 240
Goulbourne - RFR 6-4 200

Potential class additions
Adisa Isaac
Sam Okuayinou
*still looking

I’m so excited about the size and athleticism coming into this program.

We've been getting bigger kids. Now we're getting faster ones, too.
To hell with the rankings, this class looks pretty good.
Add in the transfers who become eligible this year, and probably 3 or so late additions, and I really like where our talent is trending.

Is he a little older coming out of CEGEP?

Wow, that's impressive.

Question for the recruiting gurus. I think Cuse grabbed the top 2 best recruits from Canada. In previous years, have the top Canadian recruits done anything in college football?

They look great, so I hope they become stars here.

Last edited:
Wow, that's impressive.

Question for the recruiting gurus. I think Cuse grabbed the top 2 best recruits from Canada. In previous years, have the top Canadian recruits done anything in college football?

They look great, so I hope they become stars here.
Some of them don't stay in Canada to play football in HS. They transfer to a school in the US. But there are Canadian kids that have done well. Luketa comes to mind. And you do know Tyrell Richards and Patrick Davis are Canadians?

Some of them don't stay in Canada to play football in HS. They transfer to a school in the US. But there are Canadian kids that have done well. Luketa comes to mind. And you do know Tyrell Richards and Patrick Davis are Canadians?
Thanks for the info. No I guess I didn't realize that.