Class of 2023 - LB James Heard (PA/NJ) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/17/2023) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 LB James Heard (PA/NJ) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/17/2023)

Looks like he was at Camden HS for his senior year of HS.

Last edited:
Quite the offer list coming out of HS. Anyone have a sense whether offers shown on 2 4 7 are committable offers?

I honestly had no idea how much P5 talent came out of Camden/South Jersey.
Without being a recruiting guru, it would be hard to know.

But, it’s honestly disappointing to see how removed we were as a program from tapping this abundance in talent in what was, and should be, a traditional recruiting ground for us.

The prior staffs, not just Dino, but Shafer as well, were truly negligent in this regard. I get playing to the strong suit of your assistants, which resulted in us going after players in Ohio, Illinois, Texas, and even Hawaii, but that strategy isn’t sustainable and eventually it’s just becomes lazy. You have to work hard to establish those NE recruiting ties and we never really could do it. Sure, we had Monroe, but take a look at what we were leaving on the table for other programs to pillage and you can see why we were losing.

Dino did ultimately turn to strengthen NJ and the NE overall, but probably too little too late.

Let’s hope Brown can land more than a couple of these recruits and they’re not just “kicking the tires” because we need a serious talent influx.

No. But he is liking some Syracuse related stuff on Twitter, including a tweet from fellow Camden native Braheem Long visiting Syracuse this weekend.

And these guys are following James... Screenshot_20231214_064055_X.jpg

Without being a recruiting guru, it would be hard to know.

But, it’s honestly disappointing to see how removed we were as a program from tapping this abundance in talent in what was, and should be, a traditional recruiting ground for us.

The prior staffs, not just Dino, but Shafer as well, were truly negligent in this regard. I get playing to the strong suit of your assistants, which resulted in us going after players in Ohio, Illinois, Texas, and even Hawaii, but that strategy isn’t sustainable and eventually it’s just becomes lazy. You have to work hard to establish those NE recruiting ties and we never really could do it. Sure, we had Monroe, but take a look at what we were leaving on the table for other programs to pillage and you can see why we were losing.

Dino did ultimately turn to strengthen NJ and the NE overall, but probably too little too late.

Let’s hope Brown can land more than a couple of these recruits and they’re not just “kicking the tires” because we need a serious talent influx.
I mean making in roads and trying to establish a pipeline to NJ is so much easier said than done. You either have the history, long term relationships and the street cred so to speak or you don't. Hiring one assistant versus a HC and and 3 key assistants who can cover the state are two totally different things. Syracuse went all in and the early results look to be very positive to say the least. The message is being heard loud and clear. What were Dino and Shafer actually ever going to get done in NJ? Like fighting a fire with a garden hose. Dino was a carpet bagger whose true roots were out West. Shafer a midwest guy. These guys are South NJ through and through. Nunzio-North NJ. I mean a couple years I would think the majority of our roster will be NJ kids rather easily

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom