LB Lee Kpogba transferred to East Miss CC | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

LB Lee Kpogba transferred to East Miss CC

I mean I'm sure college kids visit other campi all the time.

Yeah...but I'm sure they don't take photos in other team's jerseys like recruits do. It's not the visiting part, it's the being recruited part. This is more on the violation by Ole Miss side.

I wou
I mean sure…but this is actively recruiting.

It would be interesting to know the rule on players that are suspended indefinitely if they are allowed to be recruited or not.

Would have to assume as of right now that it’s okay because he posted it literally almost everywhere….or he’s trying to catch the attention of Syracuse
I would highly doubt it. You have to be on the team to be suspended from it and he is still listed on the recent 2021 roster.

I wou

I would highly doubt it. You have to be on the team to be suspended from it and he is still listed on the recent 2021 roster.
Yeah this. I'm not sure how you can actively recruit a player that is still on scholarship at another school, suspended or otherwise. That seems to be the definition of tampering to me.

Yeah...but I'm sure they don't take photos in other team's jerseys like recruits do. It's not the visiting part, it's the being recruited part. This is more on the violation by Ole Miss side.
If he’s not careful the NCAA will take away more games from jimmy.

Just because he’s on the roster doesn’t mean he’s ON the roster
True but the roster came out after he was suspended and after spring ball. Figured would have been removed. Jj and Hendricks were not on the roster.

yep! another blow with this transfer portal! this kid
this kid had alot of physical ability with some size.
I have no idea what happened n dont care, he's not here anymore,good luck
We still have a huge stud i9n Mikel jones which will have a breakout year imo, it will be needed!

Just because he’s on the roster doesn’t mean he’s ON the roster
It meant they thought he was still part of the team when they released it which was after his suspension started.
But we are all working with a lack of info on this situation. I wish someone who has access to the pay side would spill the beans.

It meant they thought he was still part of the team when they released it which was after his suspension started.
But we are all working with a lack of info on this situation. I wish someone who has access to the pay side would spill the beans.
We obviously do not know enough about his current status, however if he has not been released from the team, and has not entered the portal, I would say this would be a tampering violation by Ole Miss.

We obviously do not know enough about his current status, however if he has not been released from the team, and has not entered the portal, I would say this would be a tampering violation by Ole Miss.
Friends and family of prospects visiting for camps/visits put on gear all the time and pose for pics. If that's the case, no violation.

If he is no longer enrolled at SU, no longer taking courses, no violation.

I'm getting old because I don't remember if this thread title has changed from the initial post. Is LB Lee Kpogba to Ole Miss a done deal as it seems to suggest? If so then good luck to the young man. I wonder if his suspension did not offer a path back onto the team and that is why this transpired the way it did.

I'm getting old because I don't remember if this thread title has changed from the initial post. Is LB Lee Kpogba to Ole Miss a done deal as it seems to suggest? If so then good luck to the young man. I wonder if his suspension did not offer a path back onto the team and that is why this transpired the way it did.
The initial post was based on an instagram post. We know nothing.

Friends and family of prospects visiting for camps/visits put on gear all the time and pose for pics. If that's the case, no violation.

I too doubt it's a violation, most likely because he's probably not at SU anymore. But, to your first point, do friends and family typically wear a helmet and pads when they put on school gear to pose for pics?

I too doubt it's a violation, most likely because he's probably not at SU anymore. But, to your first point, do friends and family typically wear a helmet and pads when they put on school gear to pose for pics?
I've seen tweets of parents with helmets and pads.

It’s all speculation. It’s seems like if there was no way back to the team he would have placed his name in the portal.
However you would think if he was still with the team he would be participating in summer workouts not in Mississippi.
Now I could be mistaken but do any of the photos actually show him in the ole miss uniform or just his brother?
The other reason he may be leaving is that you think he would have made a comment at this point. An article said he was reached out to and his high school coach with no response. That would maybe indicate he has left the program.
None of us will really know until he clarify or fall camp.

…..The other reason he may be leaving is that you think he would have made a comment at this point. An article said he was reached out to and his high school coach with no response. That would maybe indicate he has left the program.
Why are you making an assumption he left the program and then saying we won’t know his status until fall camp?
His coach or him may just not want to talk about the suspension or the coach may not feel comfortable to talk on Lee’s behalf.

Why are you making an assumption he left the program and then saying we won’t know his status until fall camp?
His coach or him may just not want to talk about the suspension or the coach may not feel comfortable to talk on Lee’s behalf.
That is why I said no one will really know until he says something or fall camp. It’s all speculation. I was just pointing out one possible reason he may have left. Again time will tell the situation.

It’s all speculation. It’s seems like if there was no way back to the team he would have placed his name in the portal.
However you would think if he was still with the team he would be participating in summer workouts not in Mississippi.
Now I could be mistaken but do any of the photos actually show him in the ole miss uniform or just his brother?
The other reason he may be leaving is that you think he would have made a comment at this point. An article said he was reached out to and his high school coach with no response. That would maybe indicate he has left the program.

Yes the photo he posted on Instagram is of himself wearing the number 2 jersey.

the other person in the photo that he shared is Antonio Barber

Exactly, we do not know enough. This does not however appear to be a case of just putting on some gear while visiting, it looks more like a recruiting shoot, and that appears to be how K treated it in his posted pics.
I am saying appearances mean something, the question is what.
If Ole Miss recruited him without an official release from his scholarship that would be the definition of tampering. Him being on suspension would not be relevant, him being officially released or kicked out would.

Last edited:
If he is still at su whether he is suspended or not it is a very bad look. To me it would be an insult to su and his teammates if he is still on the team.

His team mates liked his instagram post, so I would say they weren't insulted and know more than the general public.
1 - Not every teammate liked his posts.
2 - My like might mean I'm happy for him to have opportunities elsewhere.

Although it would be nice to have some definitive information regarding this young man's status with the team, we will know soon enough when camp opens on August 6th.

1 - Not every teammate liked his posts.
2 - My like might mean I'm happy for him to have opportunities elsewhere.

Although it would be nice to have some definitive information regarding this young man's status with the team, we will know soon enough when camp opens on August 6th.
Please start a running list of likes, dislikes and abstentions for his posts so we can get a better feel where his teammates are as far as this goes.

I was wrong. Sorry.

Last edited:
I guess I shouldn't ask on the board because of player privacy, but didn't his suspension coincide with a report about a gun charge? If I have the right guy, whoever that guy was was never coming back, in my book.

Wrong guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom