Leave the big cardboard Boeheim heads home tomorrow | Syracusefan.com

Leave the big cardboard Boeheim heads home tomorrow

Why? No one did anything wrong. People die everyday. Because this man was killed by someone famous, that doesn't mean life as we know it should end. Go, celebrate life, and be thankful for it.

“People die ever day?”

Really? That’s your take?

Good lord.

“People die ever day?”

Good lord.

Well what he is trying to say is this kind of stuff happens everyday. And if it wasn't Jim Boehiem this would probably have a little mention in the news. I mean look how much this attention this accident has gotten. However still in NY a man intentional ran over a family of 8 not once but twice. Killing a mother saving her baby has barely been talked about. And that's screwed up. It should be the other way around.

“People die ever day?”

Good lord.

Knock it off. This is getting out of hand. I nearly got skewered in another thread for a similarly ordinary comment.

Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, needs to happen at the game today. That doesn't make any single person insensitive, immoral, a monster, whatever. The two events are in no way connected.

Well what he is trying to say is this kind of stuff happens everyday. And if it wasn't Jim Boehiem this would probably have a little mention in the news. I mean look how much this attention this accident has gotten. However still in NY a man intentional ran over a family of 8 not once but twice. Killing a mother saving her baby has barely been talked about. And that's screwed up. It should be the other way around.

I get what you're saying but that other incident has been major news at least on websites.

I get what you're saying but that other incident has been major news at least on websites.

Why is no one asking for a moment of silence for them? A GoFundMe? Addressing the family before the game? Having GameDay canceled or the game itself?

If the driver had been an SU professor instead of JB, would any of the above been discussed here?

I feel awful for everyone involved but it was an individual matter not a communal tragedy.

Why is no one asking for a moment of silence for them? A GoFundMe? Addressing the family before the game? Having GameDay canceled or the game itself?

If the driver had been an SU professor instead of JB, would any of the above been discussed here?

I feel awful for everyone involved but it was an individual matter not a communal tragedy.

Actually there is a GoFundMe (I donated). Yeah, I agree with you for the most part, however, it is communal in a sense that for 4 decades Jim has been a part of Syracuse nationally and locally.

I think the real issue is that individually we wonder how we would react or how we should react and apply it to someone else. Not everyone feels emotion the same. I can tell you I would coach, but many others wouldn't.

When’s the last time a Boeheim big head made an appearance in the Dome anyways? Has to be at least a few years now... student section has been awful for the past several seasons. The Louisville turnout was pathetic. Hoping they show up and are loud from the start today.

I’m going to watch the game like I normally would.

I hope we have a lively and intense crowd with a lively student section that has fun and makes the atmosphere awesome.

People either seemingly living for some dramatic moment and/or telling other people what to do...it’s too much.

Personally I wish the big heads would make a comeback because of nostalgia for the great seasons when they were a thing, but it doesn’t seem they really do that anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom