Leaving Las Vegas ... with a W | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Leaving Las Vegas ... with a W

I’m still excited by a superb win. The game was very entertaining and we won, dammit! We gave them a bunch of points on special teams, tied the game at the end of regulation, and Lequint friggin Allen wouldn’t be denied to win a big game on the road.

We have some disturbing issues, but WOW do we have playmakers especially on offense. Gadsden had a good game without scoring, Allen had perhaps his best game, Willis had a great outing, and somehow McCord was able to sling that football 63 times. How about that TD pass to Meeks to tie the game at the end of regulation!?

Good teams make clutch plays to win games.
The defensive stand to force a UNLV field goal in OT and Allen’s Sumo move to score the winning TD were THAT kind of clutch. Kudos…

I’m still excited by a superb win. The game was very entertaining and we won, dammit! We gave them a bunch of points on special teams, tied the game at the end of regulation, and Lequint friggin Allen wouldn’t be denied to win a big game on the road.

We have some disturbing issues, but WOW do we have playmakers especially on offense. Gadsden had a good game without scoring, Allen had perhaps his best game, Willis had a great outing, and somehow McCord was able to sling that football 63 times. How about that TD pass to Meeks to tie the game at the end of regulation!?

Good teams make clutch plays to win games.
The defensive stand to force a UNLV field goal in OT and Allen’s Sumo move to score the winning TD were THAT kind of clutch. Kudos…

People need to enjoy this. Too much hand wringing.

Survive and advance.

People need to enjoy this. Too much hand wringing.

Survive and advance.
Agreed. Enjoy the W. I will suggest that we stop the swing passes all game. UNLV was just waiting for that play we ran it too much.

BUT the W is a W. :)

IMG_2844.jpeg

Part of my brain feels like this makes up for the Stanford loss. Like, both those games were basically coin flips at the end, and it evened out. And we did get pretty fortunate with that penalty.

The other part of my brain is like OMFG if we make one 4th and 9 stop vs. Stanford then we are probably ranked like 17th or something in this week's Top 25.

All good though. If we can win at NC State next week going into our second bye, all is well in the universe at 5-1. That gives us a long time to prepare for Thursday night at Pitt.
The rest of these games are basically coin flips unless we can fix ST and get some key players back.

Part of my brain feels like this makes up for the Stanford loss. Like, both those games were basically coin flips at the end, and it evened out. And we did get pretty fortunate with that penalty.

The other part of my brain is like OMFG if we make one 4th and 9 stop vs. Stanford then we are probably ranked like 17th or something in this week's Top 25.

All good though. If we can win at NC State next week going into our second bye, all is well in the universe at 5-1. That gives us a long time to prepare for Thursday night at Pitt.
Yeah except for the coming off a bye part

So happy that we pulled that out, after spotting UNLV 14 points.
Offense played well and blocked decently, although I thought they went to he side pass way too often. D bend and not break mode mostly held as well.

Great win. Correct the ST quickly please!

Slept great last night!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom