Lebron is a | Syracusefan.com

Lebron is a

qdawgg

Night Biking Enthusiast
fill in the blanks. Holy crap, this is why he's not considered a clutch player - even in the All Star "game" he chokes.

He's been huge in this quarter though to get it to where it is. He has not passed to Melo unless forced to at the end of this game and instead forced it to Wade.

But when it counts he chokes twice. He has the ball and instead of taking the shot he passes cross court with a few seconds left in the game and turns the ball over. They then get another chance to win the game and does Lebron say, "hey, let me take this shot". No he's the guy that decides to inbound the ball. Holy crap, I can't believe he just inbounded the ball instead of having a chance to take a game winning shot.

Come on, really? The guy almost single handedly brought the East back in the 4th quarter. He was abusing Kobe, making crazy threes and setting up some pretty good looks for his teammates. He made a horrible pass but was it worse than Wade's fumble out of bounds when he was alone on a fastbreak for the lead or Kobe and Griffin's huge missed ft that could've iced it? Also, how do we know he chose to take the ball out? He very well could've been told to take it out because he's the best passer on the floor and preferable to a smaller guard who could have struggled getting a good pass in if West put a big on the inbounder. Lets cut the guy some slack

Lol sorry, I'm not a Lebron fan as I look at him as almost a rival to Melo but just am exhausted by the 24/7 hate on this guy, let's just ignore him until he wins a ring

But when it counts he chokes twice. He has the ball and instead of taking the shot he passes cross court with a few seconds left in the game and turns the ball over. They then get another chance to win the game and does Lebron say, "hey, let me take this shot". No he's the guy that decides to inbound the ball. Holy crap, I can't believe he just inbounded the ball instead of having a chance to take a game winning shot.

Pretty sure the coach decides who inbounds the ball.

Thought that was a stupid last play though. There is a small part of me that makes me think Thibs drew up the last play to have Wade shoot it instead of Lebron to cause some more dissension with Miami. only a small part of me, but still.

Watching that game last night...its crazy how much better a basketball player Lebron is than anyone else on that floor. He stands out as a star among stars.

Now, he just has to find that KILLER instinct and it will be scary. He's just not stone cold killer. With 5 seconds left, even with the double team coming.. he's gotta take that last shot before the turnover. He has no Kobe or Michael late game mindset. Who knows if he ever will.

Someone just shoot me the day I watch an NBA all-star game or dunk contest.

Most talented basketball player of all-time. It's not even close, really.

But he lacks that killer instinct, that heroic we're-going-to-win-this--game-if-it-kills-me-and-I'm-going-to-be-the-one-who-wins-it mentality that MJ and Kobe and other greats have had.

That's because Lebron has no chip on his shoulder.

The truly great ones are not only talented, but they're also irrationally competitive almost to the point of being sociopathic. Jordan was still lambasting his high school coach from cutting him as a 15 year old during his HOF speech. Brady balled his eyes out in an offseason interview on ESPN recalling his draft day.

Lebron prefers the background because in the end he doesn't feel like he has anything to prove, even if he does. That doesn't mean he won't be considered one of the all-time greats when he retires. It doesn't mean he's not a winner. And it doesn't mean he won't get his ring(s).

Most talented basketball player of all-time. It's not even close, really.

But he lacks that killer instinct, that heroic we're-going-to-win-this--game-if-it-kills-me-and-I'm-going-to-be-the-one-who-wins-it mentality that MJ and Kobe and other greats have had.

The truly great ones are not only talented, but they're also irrationally competitive almost to the point of being sociopathic. Jordan was still lambasting his high school coach from cutting him as a 15 year old during his HOF speech. Brady balled his eyes out in an offseason interview on ESPN recalling his draft day.

Lebron prefers the background because in the end he doesn't feel like he has anything to prove, even if he does. That doesn't mean he won't be considered one of the all-time greats when he retires. It doesn't mean he's not a winner. And it doesn't mean he won't get his ring(s).

I agree 100 percent. He had an interesting quote this weekend where he said something along the lines of Kobe and Jordan led one way, but he sees himself more of a Magic Johnson type leader. He said not so much a guy with a mean streak but someone who's more or less a versatile facilitator who tries to be a good teammate. Said there's more than one way to do it.

NBA ASG is my favorite one to watch. The first say 2 and a half quarters are kind of boring but every year in the 4th they usually take it serious to win and it turns into the best "pick up" game on the planet. Rarely are fouls called its just usually the 10 best players in the world going at it.

NBA ASG is my favorite one to watch. The first say 2 and a half quarters are kind of boring but every year in the 4th they usually take it serious to win and it turns into the best "pick up" game on the planet. Rarely are fouls called its just usually the 10 best players in the world going at it.

Definitely, as long as the game is close in the 4th quarter, it's going to be really good stuff.

I agree 100 percent. He had an interesting quote this weekend where he said something along the lines of Kobe and Jordan led one way, but he sees himself more of a Magic Johnson type leader. He said not so much a guy with a mean streak but someone who's more or less a versatile facilitator who tries to be a good teammate. Said there's more than one way to do it.

The thing is he is not a Magic Johnson type leader. Because Magic wanted to win just as much as Kobe, Mike, Larry, Isaiah and the others. Lebron is a phenomenal athlete and skills wise there has never been a player like him in the NBA. But until winning is the only thing that matters to him he will always shrink from the moment or defer to those who really want it.

Its probably better to be like Kobe, D Rose or Nowitski and not really be in the "in crowd" of the NBA players. You see these guys joking around and laughing it up in games nowadays? These guys are all millionaire buddies. I know they all have to say they want to win, but how many of these guys lose any sleep over not winning a championship? Thats for ESPN and the internet to worry about.

Lebron is...

for all intents and purposes a great guy and good ambassador for the NBA, who will go down in history as probably one of the top 5 players that ever lived.

Lebron is...

for all intents and purposes a great guy and good ambassador for the NBA, who will go down in history as probably one of the top 5 players that ever lived.
he will but it's fun to pick on him.

fill in the blanks. Holy crap, this is why he's not considered a clutch player - even in the All Star "game" he chokes.

LeBron is the: Best Player in the NBA.

That's what he is.

44cuse

The truly great ones are not only talented, but they're also irrationally competitive almost to the point of being sociopathic. Jordan was still lambasting his high school coach from cutting him as a 15 year old during his HOF speech.

It is the difference between having to work to be great and being anointed as great.

Lebron is...

Really? Who you cutting out to replace him with? Jordan? Bird? Magic? Wilt? Russell? Dr. J? Kobe? Shaq? Oscar? Kareem?

Sorry but I would take every single one of those players over Lebron. There is nothing he can do to on the court to develop a mental game. You either have it or you don't and he doesn't.

Lebron is a nasty physical specimen, and a top athlete on the planet any way you slice it.

However, why do things like

"He brought them back by himself"
or
" Cleveland wouldn't have won 10 *ns^& games without him, not 10"
(see what I did there :))

even matter

bottom line is ten seconds left, need a basket who do you want with the ball.

Not Lebron

Carmelo, yes
Wade, yes
Kobe, hells yes
Durant. yes
Dirk, yes
Rose, Pierce, Allen, D-will, CP3, yes yes yes yes

Lebron- no

He will never be Jordan, Russell, Kobe, Magic, Bird, Kareem, Worthy, unless he develops a mean streak and becomes fearless under pressure.

Simmons calls him an evolutionary Dr. J and I agree, he is a freak athlete who can do things no one else can athletically on the court, but just isn't the crunch time killer, sure he will have some moments, but he wont rip your heart out and bury you like the all time greats.

Statistically he will be a top 10 player, and maybe he develops the mentality to win it all. I love the knicks and was hoping he would come here, but as soon as he announced his special I was hoping he wouldn't , it was obvious he just doesn't get it, he just doesnt have the make up to be that killer, and for his elaborate sense or self-entitlement its off-putting and makes me root for him to fail.

Really? Who you cutting out to replace him with? Jordan? Bird? Magic? Wilt? Russell? Dr. J? Kobe? Shaq? Oscar? Kareem?

Sorry but I would take every single one of those players over Lebron. There is nothing he can do to on the court to develop a mental game. You either have it or you don't and he doesn't.

Lebron will have 2-3 rings when it's all said and done. MJ didn't win his first ring until age 27 - Lebron is 27 this year.

The guy is sacreligiously good. He is averaging 27 ppg, 8 rpg, 7 apg, 2 spg on 54% FG shooting. He FINALLY has talent around him after overachieving with a roster of garbage players in Cleveland for 7 years. All the players you list above had the benefit of playing with HOF-caliber talent, now Lebron finally does as well.

To answer your question specifically, I think Lebron will be amongst MJ/Magic/Kobe/Kareem as the greatest 5 players ever.

Lebron will have 2-3 rings when it's all said and done. MJ didn't win his first ring until age 27 - Lebron is 27 this year.

The guy is sacreligiously good. He is averaging 27 ppg, 8 rpg, 7 apg, 2 spg on 54% FG shooting. He FINALLY has talent around him after overachieving with a roster of garbage players in Cleveland for 7 years. All the players you list above had the benefit of playing with HOF-caliber talent, now Lebron finally does as well.

To answer your question specifically, I think Lebron will be amongst MJ/Magic/Kobe/Kareem as the greatest 5 players ever.

All the talent in the world does not matter when you are missing the stuff between the ears.

Wasn't Wilt considered a choker in his day?

Anyway, Lebron is having one of the all time seasons in the history of the sport, but to be one of the greatest of all time, he's going to have to win multiple titles. I think he will, but he's obviously not there yet.

He will never be Jordan, Russell, Kobe, Magic, Bird, Kareem, Worthy, unless he develops a mean streak and becomes fearless under pressure.

There is at least one guy in there who isn't exactly, well, worthy of that company.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom