LeQuint Allen is Back | Page 77 | Syracusefan.com

LeQuint Allen is Back

Is it weird that a likely penalty was determined even prior to a hearing? What's that about?

If I were one to give this kangaroo court the benefit of the doubt, I wouldn't say it's that dissimilar from a prosecutor discussing the potential sentencing guidelines with a defendant.

when does the judge hear the case/make a ruling?

Thirty days for the University to respond to the Complaint, then with TRO's you usually get in front of the judge pretty quickly, like a week or so, IIRC.

The JUCO RB was offered three months ago, so it's not in response to some perceived inside knowledge of how this case will be resolved.
I feel that this was empowered by the coaches feeling they needed a power back.

Hearing is scheduled for July 19th.

Is this hearing open to the public? Where will the hearing be held?

I'm hearing many of the players want to attend the hearing to show support for LA.

(The 19th is a Wednesday, and the summer strength and conditioning program is off on Wednesdays.)

I wish the emphasis was on keeping LeQuint in school (#keepLeQuintinschool) and not on letting LeQuint play football (#letlequintplay). Too many people have an anti-football bias and believe athletes receive preferential treatment. I don't believe LeQuint's supporters are asking for preferential treatment. I believe his supporters are asking for fair and reasonable treatment.

I'm hearing many of the players want to attend the hearing to show support for LA.

(The 19th is a Wednesday, and the summer strength and conditioning program is off on Wednesdays.)

I wish the emphasis was on keeping LeQuint in school (#keepLeQuintinschool) and not on letting LeQuint play football (#letlequintplay). Too many people have an anti-football bias and believe athletes receive preferential treatment. I don't believe LeQuint's supporters are asking for preferential treatment. I believe his supporters are asking for fair and reasonable treatment.
Agree with all of this.

If the powers that be have to punish LeQuint more than they already have, take football away from him for the fall semester. But let him stay in school and stay on scholarship.

He is not a danger to other students. The person who punched him in the face twice, and punched Duce and who knows how many others that night is the kind of person who should get kicked out of school. That guy is clearly a combative troublemaking idiot who doesn't belong on any college campus ever.

I hear ya

The petition filed by LA's attorney has been withdrawn so there is no hearing. (The withdrawl was filed at 1:47 PM today.) It was filed with prejudice so it is over.
Most likely that means a settlement has been reached that is acceptable to all parties. This is GOOD NEWS!!!

The petition filed by LA's attorney has been withdrawn so there is no hearing. (The withdrawl was filed at 1:47 PM today.) It was filed with prejudice so it is over.
Most likely that means a settlement has been reached that is acceptable to all parties. This is GOOD NEWS!!!

What if the resolution is he's decided to leave and walk-on at another school that is offering him NIL and will provide him a scholly as soon as the window re-opens??

Great. Now you've given me another excuse to refresh this page every 5 minutes over the next several days.

Hearing is scheduled for July 19th. Not sure how long it will take him to make a ruling.

37 seconds.

That pause will be so people won't think he already had his mind made up.

What if the resolution is he's decided to leave and walk-on at another school that is offering him NIL and will provide him a scholly as soon as the window re-opens??
He always had the option to leave so that is possible. However, since the matter was discontinued two hours before the university's response to Order to Show Cause was due, my guess is that the university agreed to modify its decision (punishment) and LA and his attorney accepted it - I would assume it means he is allowed stay on the team and play this year.

Can someone reach out to Emily Leiker or someone else to find out what happened?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom