Lester Erb | Syracusefan.com

Lester Erb

anomander

Living Legend
Has he officially been let go by Iowa? I can't find anything saying he has?

We already hired DeAndre Smith for our RB position. Maybe he can be RC and ST coach?

I doubt it but there are a lot of rumors saying he was let go, and he wasn't at iowa's junior day . Then I saw a topic headline Lester Erb-Syracuse dated yesterday when I searched Iowa forums. Not a member so don't know what it says? He did coach tight ends and special teams.

Has he officially been let go by Iowa? I can't find anything saying he has?
Where are these rumors coming from, and what is his connection to the Shafer coaching tree? I don't see anything in his background that ties him to Shafer. He did serve as an assistant at SU while McNabb was here, albeit not as a "real" coach. His bio said he worked with OL and with scout team preparation.

I doubt it but there are a lot of rumors saying he was let go, and he wasn't at iowa's junior day . Then I saw a topic headline Lester Erb-Syracuse dated yesterday when I searched Iowa forums. Not a member so don't know what it says? He did coach tight ends and special teams.

Just going by what DC Bullough had to say at his introductory press conference, there's going to be a DB coach. Not sure if Erb is coming here if that's the case, but who knows? At this point, either they don't have someone picked out for the last assistant slot or they do and they have to wait until after signing day to announce it. Erb is supposed to be a good recruiter. Maybe Ferentz is giving him the boot but doesn't want it known until after NLOI day just in case there's any blowback? Same could be said about any other coach in a D-1 job who might be coming here. Maybe Clayton White wants to rejoin the WMU reunion in upstate NY but can't officially take the job until after NLOI day?

Just going by what DC Bullough had to say at his introductory press conference, there's going to be a DB coach. Not sure if Erb is coming here if that's the case, but who knows? At this point, either they don't have someone picked out for the last assistant slot or they do and they have to wait until after signing day to announce it. Erb is supposed to be a good recruiter. Maybe Ferentz is giving him the boot but doesn't want it known until after NLOI day just in case there's any blowback? Same could be said about any other coach in a D-1 job who might be coming here. Maybe Clayton White wants to rejoin the WMU reunion in upstate NY but can't officially take the job until after NLOI day?

that is what is being suggested. they did the same when their qb coach left for the Dolphins last year.

from everything i see he will no longer be at Iowa next year, and then on their rivals forum (which i can't access because i'm not a member) a lengthy Lester Erb - Syracuse thread dated yesterday. Also, apparently some football players mentioned he was leaving to Syracuse. Maybe they were confused since his name popped up for the OC job? Purely speculation, but you have to ask if he isn't going to be at Iowa, you have to think someone picks up a recruiter like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom