Let’s Talk About the Raycom RSN Deal for ACC Content | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Let’s Talk About the Raycom RSN Deal for ACC Content

Wish it was espn but pretty much everyone should have access to CW. This should make it easier for some to get these games.
Agree. Here is a CW channel finder for those who don't know if there is an affiliate in their area.

At least here in KC, the CW affiliate is also available on YouTube TV. If that's the case in other areas, that's an advantage over Bally Sports and probably makes it an easier decision for those who were keeping Spectrum or other cable just for the games on Bally Sports.

Agree. Here is a CW channel finder for those who don't know if there is an affiliate in their area.

At least here in KC, the CW affiliate is also available on YouTube TV. If that's the case in other areas, that's an advantage over Bally Sports and probably makes it an easier decision for those who were keeping Spectrum or other cable just for the games on Bally Sports.
Finally an excuse to install an antenna at the current house. :)

Sadly DirectTv stream doesn’t offer CW. UGH!!!!!

Same here.

Sort of on topic, about a year ago, I decided to go through bank statements/credit card statements make a list of every subscription I pay for. It was eye opening, and not in a good way. I turned a bunch of them off, it was like getting a raise.

Anyone who wasn't keeping good track should go through this exercise. Cry it out. Then start wacking them.

Ok, back to your regulary scheduled thread.
I can't help but think back to all the people who thought ala carte was going to be so great that couldn't understand how bundling works. Those threads would be worth a laugh today.

Sadly DirectTv stream doesn’t offer CW. UGH!!!!!
Interesting. It appears it's only on DirectTV satellite in the KC area also.

great so now we get to watch ACC games in full blur mode? No HD feed sucks.

I can't help but think back to all the people who thought ala carte was going to be so great that couldn't understand how bundling works. Those threads would be worth a laugh today.

Yep, also the threads, one in particular that I recall, that soccer would overtake football in 10 years...that thread was about 10 years ago. Still not even close.

now that this is done i wonder when the western michigan time will be released

Does the ACC get anymore money, that's the only question we should be asking.

Does the ACC get anymore money, that's the only question we should be asking.
Nah. We should be asking if ACC fans will have better access to watch their favorite teams. Third tier rights ain’t doing didley squat for any conference in terms of revenue.

Broadcast TV is where a lot of local sports are gonna land over the next few years. Good to see the ACC embrace it.

And to put a finer point on it…. I’m so tired of caring about how much money a conference makes.

I’m a sports fan, not an investment banker.

I’m done concerning myself with the revenue generation of BS non-profit college sports entities.

Things will either work out for SU, or they won’t. I’m just gonna watch the games.

Depending on the person ala carte is better. As a whole society, it is worse. The people who are subsidizing things for others are better off ala carte.

There is not a lot of original content anymore on cable. Everything is reruns or old movies, which you can get elsewhere cheaper. I feel like most of these channels are a complete waste.

I barely DVR anything anymore. My wife and I would be perfectly happy with OTA, Paramount+, Max, and my TV's free stream. That costs $160/year with ads (cable has adds). Pretty sure that is a lot cheaper than cable. And we get every show that we currently watch on cable.

For me I get all the sports that I care about at this point in my life. I get every Giants game. I get every Napoli game. Cuse football I am usually there in person. For the few games I do not attend, I can watch at a bar. Heck I usually do that now (my wife prefers it). I no longer watch the Yankees or Knicks, and have never gotten fully into the Rangers or Redbull. I barely pay attention to Cuse BBall at this point. If there is a game I want to watch, I can do so at a bar. For CFB all the bigger games are OTA.

Not everyone is like me, but why am I paying for someone else to have cheaper access to cable?

There is no OTA where I live south of Syracuse, so have to buy something just to get those simple channels

There are no local bars within 20 miles to go and watch stuff. I could go local and play horse Shoes though

I would say on avg I DVR 30-40 shows a week.
The only things I stream are the shows that stream only.

Its like if you are in to watching the TOUR the streaming from Peacock is so poor compared to the real feed

There are tons of great shows now, more than ever.. Why do I want to skip them for what is the cost of going to 1 movie.

And to put a finer point on it…. I’m so tired of caring about how much money a conference makes.

I’m a sports fan, not an investment banker.

I’m done concerning myself with the revenue generation of BS non-profit college sports entities.

Things will either work out for SU, or they won’t. I’m just gonna watch the games.

All that really matters financially is whether or not you are close enough to your peers. Our peers are the ACC schools. An SEC school can make $1B more than us per year, and it will have no impact on our ability to win the ACC.

If SU gets left behind, I hope that we end up in a regional conference with like minded schools. That seems so much better than a national conference with nothing in common. What does it matter if you only make $10M vs $40M, when the B16/SEC is making $120M?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom