Let the speculation begin | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Let the speculation begin

I'd take the current roster another year older.and more experienced in a heartbeat. You doom and gloomers act like we're getting blown out every game. Most of our losses have been down to the wire...I still believe a good run is in the tank this year.

Go ahead and bash my optimism, but I'm no more wrong than you guys that truly think we suck. We don't. The fact is we're a middle of the road team right now but still have the potential to beat anyone, and as a fan, it sure is a hell of a lot more fun being optimistic and positive than the opposite.
They gonna get faster?

This current roster will be horrific on defense now, next year, in 3 years….it doesn’t matter. We can’t stop anybody with these guards and forwards playing all the minutes.

They gonna get faster?

This current roster will be horrific on defense now, next year, in 3 years….it doesn’t matter. We can’t stop anybody with these guards and forwards playing all the minutes.
Yeah that’s the missing point. We don’t stink at everything but what we do stink at is a fatal flaw and not capable of remedy. We are always going to be able to score, that’s not the point. But we’re also going to give up a ton of them. That is the point.

Yeah that’s the missing point. We don’t stink at everything but what we do stink at is a fatal flaw and not capable of remedy. We are always going to be able to score, that’s not the point. But we’re also going to give up a ton of them. That is the point.
If we could be just 5 PPG less on average how many more wins do we have? Crazy how fine the line is between mediocre and good.

I'd take the current roster another year older.and more experienced in a heartbeat. You doom and gloomers act like we're getting blown out every game. Most of our losses have been down to the wire...I still believe a good run is in the tank this year.

Go ahead and bash my optimism, but I'm no more wrong than you guys that truly think we suck. We don't. The fact is we're a middle of the road team right now but still have the potential to beat anyone, and as a fan, it sure is a hell of a lot more fun being optimistic and positive than the opposite.

Well, we do suck on defense, I’ll give you that.

You run this back, that isn’t going to change.

Also, there isn’t a frosh on the floor that starts, so it’s not like there’s a ton of upside for improvement with the guys we have.

Finally, it would keep Joe at the 1, which isn’t ideal.

If you want to run this back, it means you are fine with Buddy AND Jimmy being the center of the universe for the offense.

I don’t agree.

Wow! No kidding?

Well, that would be a helluva thing. Potentially, we could return the entire starting line up for what could be Jim's best chance at a return-to-glory homestretch to his career. After all the things this team has learned this year about how to play the zone at a high level, how to rebound, Jesse with another year of seasoning, Benny figuring out how to use his physical gifts near the basket... Puts a big smile on my face just contemplating it.

What better gift could his kids give him at this point? It could very well give the program the boost that all of Jim's detractors declare is impossible with him at the helm. Here's hoping...
Imagine running this back and thinking it’s the best shot at a return to glory. You’re lost. Sorry.

There's been a lot of concern about the post-Boeheim transition, partially because there's not any real information as to how that transition will occur. They surely have a plan in some degree of readiness. At some point we'll know how Wildhack, Syverud, and Trustees will handle it, but I wouldn't assume a nepotismic approach with current assistants. Wildhack has recently shown strong support for the football program and I think SU will be a serious player for a proven basketball coach with a plan. Wildhack is a serious guy as is Syverud. The leaders of the university know that their process for selecting a new coach is important. They haven't had to interview for a basketball coach in a while. They'll want to get it right...

There's been a lot of concern about the post-Boeheim transition, partially because there's not any real information as to how that transition will occur. They surely have a plan in some degree of readiness. At some point we'll know how Wildhack, Syverud, and Trustees will handle it, but I wouldn't assume a nepotismic approach with current assistants. Wildhack has recently shown strong support for the football program and I think SU will be a serious player for a proven basketball coach with a plan. Wildhack is a serious guy as is Syverud. The leaders of the university know that their process for selecting a new coach is important. They haven't had to interview for a basketball coach in a while. They'll want to get it right...
Definitely, especially if you put yourself in Syverud's shoes. If you google what is SU known for, after it mentions some of the outstanding educational programs like the Architectual School, Maxwell, Whitman and Newhouse the first extracurricular mention is the basketball program and it's three Natties. No mention of Gary Gait and Lacrosse or Ernie Davis, Jim Brown and the football program but the 51 consecutive winning seasons. I think it's important to Syverud and Wildhack to get it right.

Extracurriculars

Syracuse is well known for the Orange. Its basketball team has won three National Championships, one NCAA tournament championship, and a record 51 consecutive winning seasons! Moreover, Greek life is an important aspect of extracurricular life at Syracuse. Around 30% of students participate across 40 organizations on campus.

But if athletics and fraternities or sororities aren’t for you, there are plenty of other activities available. Love music? Join one of several a cappella groups, such as The Mandarins. Want to become more active and physically fit? Check out CHAARG, an organization that partners with fitness studios to provide activities like salsa classes. Overall, there are many activities across a range of niches, ranging from writing to movie screenings.

We don't have a record 51 consecutive winning seasons, not officially, so while we still think we do, the rest of the world looking at NCAA records do not.

We don't have a record 51 consecutive winning seasons, not officially, so while we still think we do, the rest of the world looking at NCAA records do not.

Last I checked they don't have a listing for most consecutive winning seasons in the NCAA record book. it's an unofficial record so I would guess we can apply unofficial wins to it.

Edit: Actually they have it now, (page 9): http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/m_basketball_RB/2021/D1.pdf
But they still list us as an 'unofficial streak'. That's nice of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom