Liberty Game Thread ... | Page 62 | Syracusefan.com

Liberty Game Thread ...

Difficult to interpret much from this game. The coaches showed next to nothing from a scheme perspective on offense and defense. This was a scrimmage.

Other than the one pass to Taj, didn't look like we targeted the middle of the field much at all. Tommy looked really good on that throw. Sideline throws not so much. With our speed have to figure we open things up against Maryland.

Divito is an absolute magician. Hope this is just nerves/rust. He looks like a strong arm with bad decision making skills.

Wish we would throw it more in the 4th quarter... Just to get some rhythm and to get on the same page heading into next week

Defense was fantastic, some penalties but ok. Offense, was okish, i think the biggest worry is the fact that Tommy didn't look to great out there, especially his chemistry with the WRs. Can only go up from here. Overall fantastic effort and moving on.

PS. How calm, cool and collected was Dino? Wow, what an impressive guy! Class act.

Dino is such a standup guy. Waving and holding his thumb up to High Freeze at the end was awesome. Hugh is a slug, but that was cool repoire between 2 incredible coaches.

Agreed. Also I know it's not popular, and we were vanilla, but Freeze and staff scouted the crap out of us and their defense did some good stuff. They also had some nice athletes across the board. Our defense was a monster at all three levels. Overall we can only improve on offense and special teams. I think playing on the road, seeing so many looks and being challenged for 45 minutes on at least one side of the ball is far better than playing catch and TD dances for 60 minutes.