Limited seating, masks, temperature checks? What can SU football fans expect at the Carrier Dome this fall | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Limited seating, masks, temperature checks? What can SU football fans expect at the Carrier Dome this fall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Social distancing and masks weren’t a thing at the bars I went to in CNY this weekend. I’m very interested to see what happens with our numbers between now and July 4th.
I'm interested in finding out the results from all the protests, riots and political rallies. Perfect unintended social experiment for games in stadiums. Will our public officials report the info without deception?

Also, we need to be vigilant on how powerful the virus is over the summer. Is it weakening? Or the same or worse has it mutated stronger?

I still think 25-50% will be the result...but I could be wrong.

putting a survey out /phoningasking every season ticket if they still wanted to attend if available would be smart while coming up with exact number of people that will be allowed
I agree the first step should be contacting all of the season ticket holders to see if they want to attend.

In my case I have four season tickets but would only use two of them this season since I don’t plan on inviting friends to the games in 2020 which would free up two seats for someone else.

I think its strange they haven't contacted anyone just to get feedback , they could be jumping thru hoops to find only 5k want to show up. They dont know what they dont know.. I would have 3-4-5 possibilities ready to go and then ask the questions of at least a subset.. and probably a subset of various people around the dome.. you may get different answers from the money seats than the upperdeck seat people or old vs young, small groups vs big groups.

my point was, for all y’all that jumped on me, is a majority of people are out seeing friends, going to dinner together, going to peoples houses...

if I show up at the dome with my buddy instead of my wife, syracuse isn’t going to tell me I can’t sit next to them...

Now some random person? Sure I can see them telling me I have to sit 6 feet away.

I just think people are going to be surprised with what’s allowed. For most people we are now at a point where it is up to me to decide what risks I want to take, especially as numbers in the northeast continue to drop...

I think that SU should should put out a survey asking STHs
a) If they want to stay opted in
b) If yes, are there any specific people they want to sit next to. Even if they arent in the same HH (I'm fine with THEM making that choice). My concern is allowing people to form the groups they want and then creating space around those groupings for those who WANT the social distance

That will allow them to know how many seats they have to work with and also put people with their friends. Im fine, honestly, if those groups contain households that are closer than 6 feet together if they are self idenfitied and both parties opt in to sitting that way. My concern is, if party C doesnt know you, and they are spaced 6 feet away from your friend, they may not want you coming over and sitting in between you and your friend suddenly taking away the 6 feet.

Point is...be aggressive in trying to get this right up front...let people opt in to their "groups"...but then once they do, you gotta make people sit where they elected to

As an aside- its going to suck if students show up at the rate they usually do and those seats could have gone to STHs who are squeezed out.

are people really going out like that already? In my small circle no one has been out to dinner or a bar yet. Most are just hanging out in a friends yard. I havent been in anyone elses house in 3 months, not even on the porch.

This is the problem. Everyone is operating on a different set of standards.

For me, we expanded our circle exactly one household after both were isolated for months. But thats it. So, yeah, if those people wanted to sit with us I'd be cool with that. But I dont want anyone else near me.

I feel like the best way to ensure people can be as safe as they need to be is give everyone a chance to identify who is in their "safe circle" up front...but then be pretty darn rigid later. If we are rigid and say absolutely no one not in the same household can be within 6 feet you
a) create a standard that will be very hard to police and
b) will inevitably have people moving over once the game starts infringing on the open space around others. May as well get it set up in advance.

are people really going out like that already? In my small circle no one has been out to dinner or a bar yet. Most are just hanging out in a friends yard. I havent been in anyone elses house in 3 months, not even on the porch.

Guilty of going to restaurants. But only at outside tables. Tables are more spread out than normal. Weather has been perfect for it.

If you go inside for the bathroom you have to wear a mask.

A few of our neighbors have had people over for drinks every so often. It has all been outside.

Touches on the stadium experience, esp ours:

SU could also only install a small set of the benches. every other bench in every direction i mean how many people have groups of 20+ not that many. then you could easily fit 2 groups on most benches with distance and much less distancing issue with no place to sit. That would mean only the last couple of seats in any row would even be close to anyone and for the most part they would be empty. kinda like a checkerboard approach.. and the reality they could also install some of those plastic walls between the seats and people would be isolated even more and use almost all 20 seats. just like watching a hockey game thru the glass but since we will all be watching the new tvs screens anyway it wont bother us.

think about it if you remove 30-50% of the benches but you block off the seats so people stay in their groups you can maximize alot of the space far better and control the groups mixing at all.. you would end up with more than 15K in there and still keep the 6ft enforced

I think that SU should should put out a survey asking STHs
a) If they want to stay opted in
b) If yes, are there any specific people they want to sit next to. Even if they arent in the same HH (I'm fine with THEM making that choice). My concern is allowing people to form the groups they want and then creating space around those groupings for those who WANT the social distance

That will allow them to know how many seats they have to work with and also put people with their friends. Im fine, honestly, if those groups contain households that are closer than 6 feet together if they are self idenfitied and both parties opt in to sitting that way. My concern is, if party C doesnt know you, and they are spaced 6 feet away from your friend, they may not want you coming over and sitting in between you and your friend suddenly taking away the 6 feet.

Point is...be aggressive in trying to get this right up front...let people opt in to their "groups"...but then once they do, you gotta make people sit where they elected to

As an aside- its going to suck if students show up at the rate they usually do and those seats could have gone to STHs who are squeezed out.

Yes I agree, I’m shocked they haven’t sent out a survey yet.

I'm interested in finding out the results from all the protests, riots and political rallies. Perfect unintended social experiment for games in stadiums. Will our public officials report the info without deception?

Also, we need to be vigilant on how powerful the virus is over the summer. Is it weakening? Or the same or worse has it mutated stronger?

I still think 25-50% will be the result...but I could be wrong.

The answer is a very solid YES! Bars in downtown Binghamton were “packed” meaning they were at full capacity with 50%. And restaurants were equally at full capacity. Beer Tree Brewing had well over 100 people there on Saturday...

Here at The North Brewery, we are limited with space and maxed out most of the day on Saturday with 20 people.

SU could also only install a small set of the benches. every other bench in every direction i mean how many people have groups of 20+ not that many. then you could easily fit 2 groups on most benches with distance and much less distancing issue with no place to sit. That would mean only the last couple of seats in any row would even be close to anyone and for the most part they would be empty. kinda like a checkerboard approach.. and the reality they could also install some of those plastic walls between the seats and people would be isolated even more and use almost all 20 seats. just like watching a hockey game thru the glass but since we will all be watching the new tvs screens anyway it wont bother us.

think about it if you remove 30-50% of the benches but you block off the seats so people stay in their groups you can maximize alot of the space far better and control the groups mixing at all.. you would end up with more than 15K in there and still keep the 6ft enforced

I went through that exercise and if social distancing is truly implemented it only comes to 6k. But that doesn’t take into count people together. Didn’t want to guess at how many there would be and how many more you add (it’s not double).

A possible break through In seriously I’ll covid treatment in England. Cuts death by a third. If pans out it’s getting me closer to the point where I will take calculated risk to attend games.

In the Utica area the restaurant and bars I went to Friday night were business as usual just with employees wearing masks. Other than that it seemed like a normal summer night.

A possible break through In seriously I’ll covid treatment in England. Cuts death by a third. If pans out it’s getting me closer to the point where I will take calculated risk to attend games.

WOO-HOOO!!!

Now only 2 out of 3 people who were gonna die of it will die, instead of 3 out of 3!

Yeah - that’s not enough to get me to a game.

WOO-HOOO!!!

Now only 2 out of 3 people who were gonna die of it will die, instead of 3 out of 3!

Yeah - that’s not enough to get me to a game.
As I understand , experts are thinking they will have a “cocktail “ of antivirals and anti inflammatory drugs eventually. This is a step, hopefully.

I think he’s more saying, will the offer money back to people who won’t go or won’t be able to get in if they don’t wear a mask...

But the true question is, how long do we keep social distancing for? We are going to be through phase 4, if everything goes well, by the end of June.

New Zealand just held a rugby match with fans in the stands, full. Obviously they are ahead of us in containing the virus but...

The question is how long do we continue to wear masks, Social distance etc.
"Obviously" hardly states the case. Until 2 tourists(?) from the UK tested positive in the last couple of days, NZ had ZERO (0) new cases the previous 24 days.

The US has 20,000 new cases per week.

Tested on the most seriously ill--those who are close (at least) to requiring a ventilator. A third option to getting hooked up to an infernal machine, or entering hospice. A wonderful thing.

I am a long time season ticket holder. If I am afforded the opportunity to attend Syracuse University Football games during the 2020 season, then I am going. I look forward to the football season from the second the previous season ends. I hope there is a safe and successful Syracuse University Football Season and I get to see it live and in person. Here is to hoping, as always Go Orange!!!!!!!

:oops:
I am a long time season ticket holder. If I am afforded the opportunity to attend Syracuse University Football games during the 2020 season, then I am going. I look forward to the football season from the second the previous season ends. I hope there is a safe and successful Syracuse University Football Season and I get to see it live and in person. Here is to hoping, as always Go Orange!!
Me too, I expect rules. I won't biotch if I have to wear a mask

I think SU should ban or severely limit beer sales

:oops:

Me too, I expect rules. I won't biotch if I have to wear a mask

I think SU should ban or severely limit beer sales

Just means I’ll have to drink more in the parking lots!!!

I also expect rules and I am okay with it, I’m okay with wearing a mask, but I desperately want to be in person, living a semi normal life and eventually back to fully normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.