Lin's Departure Teaches Knicks Fans Important Lesson | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Lin's Departure Teaches Knicks Fans Important Lesson

You know what youre getting with felton, hes ok but nothing special. You still dont know what youre getting with Lin, i think he was worth the risk to find out, and it really isnt that big of a risk. He should at least be able to put up felton numbers, 12 points 6 assists, etc.
Turnovers and traps should make everyone wonder about Lin he wasn't the same player teams started trapping him and people who deny that need to take a deep breath and watch the last five games he played in

Turnovers and traps should make everyone wonder about Lin he wasn't the same player teams started trapping him and people who deny that need to take a deep breath and watch the last five games he played in

He was fine in the last 5 games he played in. The Miami game is probably one of the games you are thinking of, and he was an unmitigated disaster, no question. But it was one game, and he played 14 games after that.

And I repeat; if it turns out he isn't good, all you did was spend Dolan's money. You can still play Felton if you want.

he has his blinders on just like half of Knicks nation does. I think at the half way point this NBA season people will understand the move more

Its not blinders, i dont expect lin to be an all star, but i think he can at least be ray felton, with a much bigger upside if last year wasnt a fluke. Im not even a knick fan but i live in nyc, i work 10 blocks from the garden, i literally see someone with a linsanity shirt on every single day. With the c.rap knicks fans have had to deal with over the last decade, lin was somebody they had to take a shot with.

You know what youre getting with felton, hes ok but nothing special. You still dont know what youre getting with Lin, i think he was worth the risk to find out, and it really isnt that big of a risk. He should at least be able to put up felton numbers, 12 points 6 assists, etc.
Yea, but just playing Devils Advocate (I wanted Lin back), Lin can score but when Felton isnt fat, he plays hard-nosed defense and can take a hit, Lin looks fragile so far. The Knicks also want to play through Melo/Amare and Felton will do that and play more a sidekick role whereas Lin would want to dominate the ball more. Also the locker room could be an issue although thats because they have loose cannons like JR Smith who shoot their mouths off.

Looks like one thing you can give Felton is he is pretty durable.

Didn't Lin play off the ball a bit at Harvard? And I read somewhere that Felton thrived in 2 PG lineups, at least in a small sample. So you could've run some Felton/Lin backcourts. I'm sure you will see some Felton/Kidd backcourts.

Looks like one thing you can give Felton is he is pretty durable.

Didn't Lin play off the ball a bit at Harvard? And I read somewhere that Felton thrived in 2 PG lineups, at least in a small sample. So you could've run some Felton/Lin backcourts. I'm sure you will see some Felton/Kidd backcourts.
Yup, especially when we currently have one shooting guard until Shump comes back.

he has his blinders on just like half of Knicks nation does. I think at the half way point this NBA season people will understand the move more

Blinders? I wanted Lin back but its ridiculous the hate that Felton is getting...I just can't get all emotional over a player that played half of a season and refused to play at 85% in the playoffs when the corpse of Mike Bibby was all they had left...he was cleared to play and refused! If Melo does that he is crucified...do you see Ewing missing a playoff game in this circumstance?!?!?

Lin was scared of Miami and didn't want to diminish his pay day that was coming...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I think the quote on Lin was that he was running at 85%; I'm not sure that means he could play at 85% of his ability. And I'm sure the Knicks will do everything they can to get that message out to try and get support on their side for this one.

And yeah, Felton is going to be unfairly scapegoated here; I am probably guilty of that. It's not his fault the Knicks picked Lin over him. And the fact of the matter is if the knicks brought Lin back I'd have no problem with acquiring Felton.

I think the quote on Lin was that he was running at 85%; I'm not sure that means he could play at 85% of his ability. And I'm sure the Knicks will do everything they can to get that message out to try and get support on their side for this one.

And yeah, Felton is going to be unfairly scapegoated here; I am probably guilty of that. It's not his fault the Knicks picked Lin over him. And the fact of the matter is if the knicks brought Lin back I'd have no problem with acquiring Felton.
Its tough, hes the only one who knows how healthy he was but we were dying out there with no guards. Baron was probably playing at 50% and ended up hurting himself maybe because of that, Shump went down, we were trying to beat Miami with Mike Bibby and JR Smith...and thats it at guard. I believe Stephen A Smith when he quoted players as saying "Can ya give us 15 min? (mocking tone)". The Knicks reportedly had cleared him to play.

I just typed a message and lost it ugh...

It was Stephan A who said it yesterday and again today.

He said he was cleared and refused. He isn't a Knick shill rather one for CAA so Melo is most likely his source...who knows

Yeah, see, anything I hear at this point about stuff like that I take with a grain of salt.

Blinders? I wanted Lin back but its ridiculous the hate that Felton is getting...I just can't get all emotional over a player that played half of a season and refused to play at 85% in the playoffs when the corpse of Mike Bibby was all they had left...he was cleared to play and refused! If Melo does that he is crucified...do you see Ewing missing a playoff game in this circumstance?!?!?

Lin was scared of Miami and didn't want to diminish his pay day that was coming...

I think you mis read I agree with letting him go look at the post I quoted

Yeah, see, anything I hear at this point about stuff like that I take with a grain of salt.

He was alluding to it during the playoffs as well...as long island noted

He was fine in the last 5 games he played in. The Miami game is probably one of the games you are thinking of, and he was an unmitigated disaster, no question. But it was one game, and he played 14 games after that.

And I repeat; if it turns out he isn't good, all you did was spend Dolan's money. You can still play Felton if you want.
He did not play good in the last 14 games he played in I am sorry I strongly disagree. His assist to turnovers was awful
3/24 against the Pistons 3 assists 7 turnovers 3/23 against the raptors 4 assists 3 turnovers those were the last two games before he went out

He did not play good in the last 14 games he played in I am sorry I strongly disagree. His assist to turnovers was awful
3/24 against the Pistons 3 assists 7 turnovers 3/23 against the raptors 4 assists 3 turnovers those were the last two games before he went out

The last 14 games he averaged 17/8 with a 54% true shooting. That's pretty good. Y es he had some bad games, he isn't perfect.

The last 14 games he averaged 17/8 with a 54% true shooting. That's pretty good. Y es he had some bad games, he isn't perfect.
I think it's funny you keep leaving out his turnover line

I think it's funny you keep leaving out his turnover line

Well obviously, it hurts my argument...

We all know he had pretty high TO numbers. Those do hurt the offense. But his TO% weren't ridiculously high, because he was creating so much offense. He had a lower to% last year than Steve Nash or Rajon Rondo, for instance. And no, of course, Lin isn't as good as those guys. Just that when a guy has the ball in his hands so much, he's going to commit a higher level of TO.

Some people like facts, so here you go Lin 25 starts knicks go 15-10. The knicks started off winning the 1st 7 games with Lin, so 8-10 until he gets hurt. Then with a broken down old point guard Baron Davis, the knicks go 12-5 down the stretch to make the playoffs.

Felton aint that good. He was more of a product of d'antoni's system, hence the career year with the knicks. Dont expect 17 and 9 from him again this year. Should not have bothered with that trade, just roll with lin and kidd at pg.

How much was Lin a product of that same system?

Edit: Somebody else already posted that, so I'll just say that I'm okay with letting him go, but would rather they took a shot on him. I really don't think he pans out, but the risk seems okay to me. After that initial outburst teams focused on him a bit more and he seemed a bit more out of control and overmatched. Who knows though, it was his first time seeing substantial minutes...

I think the lesson here is that drawing conclusions and making decisions about a player is a difficult proposition when you're dealing with small sample sizes. Then consider that Lin's brief Knick career spanned two very different coaches and an ever-changing cast of teammates and you're left with a complete crapshoot.

Sadly, it seems that nobody bothered to link to the Onion story that was the topic of the original post . . . should have known that defensive and fearful Knicks fans would have had their false bravado triggered

NY, when healthy has more talent 1-9 than anyone in the East. Miami has the better trio of stars and other teams may have better chemisty at this point but talent wise Melo/Amare/Chandler/JR/Felton/Kidd/Shump/Novak/Camby is better than anyone else 1-9 on pure talent. No excuses for them this year, they better be a contender.

well, subtracting Miami's big three, doesn't that mean the Knicks are only better 4-9?

and I am not so sure they are better 1-9 than Indiana. the Knicks top 3 are probably better, but Indiana has added some quality depth this off season and the equation might be reversed : the Knicks are better than Indiana at the top but the Pacers have the edge 4 or 5 through 9.

Indy was a team I was thinking about; I know they moved Collison but they were very deep last year.

Plus 1-3 is about 3,000 times more important than 1-9.

Indy was a team I was thinking about; I know they moved Collison but they were very deep last year.
they have added Gerald Green, DJ Augustin and Ian Mahinimi

Plus 1-3 is about 3,000 times more important than 1-9.
which is why the statement that "1-9, the Knicks are more talented than Miami" is so stupid

I would also point out that, 1-3, the Knicks do not have nearly the advantage on Indy that Miami has on . . . everyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom