Listen up... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Listen up...

The people you think place themselves on a pedestal should be sometimes placed on a pedestal. They are some of the most generous selfless people you will ever meet.

Simple solution. Ban all references to F this and . Delete the post and suspend posting privileges. It's beyond juvenile. Borderline offensive. Not something people would likely would wish to explain to their children. Yet there's never been any real overt attempt to curtail it.

We put some of those in the banned words bucket so they don't appear. Now we'll see how hard some will try to get around it with slight modifications. If that happens so will vacations. It was cute for awhile but enough is enough.

We put some of those in the banned words bucket so they don't appear. Now we'll see how hard some will try to get around it with slight modifications. If that happens so will vacations. It was cute for awhile but enough is enough.

Good call, bees!

Good call, bees!
Disagree. Those posts weren't serious. They were done in jest. As in all in good fun. If they were serious, I would agree.

Simple solution. Ban all references to F this and . Delete the post and suspend posting privileges. It's beyond juvenile. Borderline offensive. Not something people would likely would wish to explain to their children. Yet there's never been any real overt attempt to curtail it.

Yet there is a 928 page thread on the football board completely hammering Rutgers. which are LOADED with admin posts.

But that apparently is ok for all of us and our children.

Are you also going to provide vacations for posters from other fanbases who currently have carte blanche privilege to come over here and chirp? Because it seems like there is an opportunity to clean that up, as well.

"The coach has a wonderful tool in the bench, if he's willing to use it."

~ John Wooden

RF2044 said:
Are you also going to provide vacations for posters from other fanbases who currently have carte blanche privilege to come over here and chirp? Because it seems like there is an opportunity to clean that up, as well.

We have before many times.

Marsh01 said:
Yet there is a 928 page thread on the football board completely hammering Rutgers. which are LOADED with admin posts. But that apparently is ok for all of us and our children.

How many of those admin posts have Ef rutgirls in every other sentence?

Surprised so many don't get the point.

Not the point. My comments were tongue in cheek. Lots of laughs. Get under their fans skin. That thread is completely different.

So is this the proper place to post griping? My thoughtful thread was nuked in half a click it seemed.

Anyways I would think that MODS should be more worried about deleting threads that are cuddling up to an old rival than those that are directing their angst at it.

I also think some might do better to root for UConn if some of these threads really represent how posters feel.

This is a SYRACUSE fan board not a UConn one still, isn't it?

Marsh01 said:
Not the point. My comments were tongue in cheek. Lots of laughs. Get under their fans skin. That thread is completely different.

And many SU fans on this SU board feel the "TIC" comments have long outlasted their cuteness. We agree.

after we lost to virginia one of their fans were here talking s.hit, and who had actually been talking s.hit all week leading up to the game. i call him an abbreviated bad word and get banned for 4 days or whatever it was. god forbid i defend our team and call a troll from another team a bad word.

And many SU fans on this SU board feel the "TIC" comments have long outlasted their cuteness. We agree.

So if I get a petition signed by everyone who finds the Rutgers thread a bit childish can we remove that too?

Yet there is a 928 page thread on the football board completely hammering Rutgers. which are LOADED with admin posts.

But that apparently is ok for all of us and our children.

Perfect! Let's have one thread here where you and RF can go nuts! But keep it there!

jordoo said:
So is this the proper place to post griping? My thoughtful thread was nuked in half a click it seemed. Anyways I would think that MODS should be more worried about deleting threads that are cuddling up to an old rival than those that are directing their angst at it. I also think some might do better to root for UConn if some of these threads really represent how posters feel. This is a SYRACUSE fan board not a UConn one still, isn't it?

Yea, that's exactly what the mods here do. Reread CTO's post again.

after we lost to virginia one of their fans were here talking s.hit, and who had actually been talking s.hit all week leading up to the game. i call him an abbreviated bad word and get banned for 4 days or whatever it was. god forbid i defend our team and call a troll from another team a bad word.
I wish I couldn't understand why ZLS wasn't banned for his antics on saturday night. But I can. If it were us on the boneyard, we would have been.

CorduroyG said:

Real doubtful you got banned for that or just that.

the point is that we're supposed to have some kind of special bond with a bunch of youkonn jackasses

jordoo said:
I think all threads should be looked at from an SU fan perspective rather than worrying about the feelings of fans from other teams. Can't they go to their own boards? You know the ones where they could give a sheet about SU fans feelings.

I could care less about UConn fans and their feelings and argue with them also. I'd prefer they just stay home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom