Listen up... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Listen up...

Millhouse said:
the point is that we're supposed to have some kind of special bond with a bunch of youkonn jackasses

I don't.

Maybe we can stop calling Rutgers rutgirls and stop calling Penn st ped st. That would be a major start in cleaning up this place.
yes, it hurts my delicate sensibilities and warps my already stunted perspective

Maybe we can stop calling Rutgers rutgirls and stop calling Penn st ped st. That would be a major start in cleaning up this place.
Well, THAT ain't gonna happen.

the point is that we're supposed to have some kind of special bond with a bunch of youkonn jackasses

Right and I think its bunk that this seems to be a view supported by MODS on an SU fan board. Anyone is free to go to the boneyard bond and kiss butt all they want . . . . . . over there.

Perfect! Let's have one thread here where you and RF can go nuts! But keep it there!

How perfectly thought police-ish of an idea. After all, what's a little censorship amongst group thinking friends with torches and pitchforks?

Not remotely surprised that you came up with that idea.

Last edited:

Really you are that offended by calling rutgers rutgirls? I get the Ped st thing, but is rutgirls that big of a deal?

I mentioned the Ped State thing and you would have thought I asked people to give up their 1st born. The thing that cracks me up is that the Admins/Moderators have had to come to this group and "lecture" a number of times, and people still just don't seem to get it, and then get upset when the issue is addressed again. They clearly have a goal of this being an intelligent place to discuss Syracuse sports. There are times where threads can get overly off topic, but if those are done in moderation I highly doubt anything is done about it. The last few months this place is getting more and more like amateur night at the Comedy Cellar. There are a lot of wannabe comedians that just derail each conversation. Also there are the people who don't understand that certain jokes have a shelf life, and then they get very very tired.

Bottomline if you want that environment the internet is a vast wasteland of nonsense, you will find your home. The admins of this site invest their time(which I believe equates into money) to keep a certain level of respect. There is a lot of petulant behavior...

I mentioned the Ped State thing and you would have thought I asked people to give up their 1st born.

You realize the main user of Ped State is an admin, right?

Exactly so its OK and all in good fun while f-UConn is bad because other admins luv UConn. Also bashing SU fan posters is all in good fun but bashing UConn is SERIOUS AND FORBIDDEN.

Exactly so its OK and all in good fun while f-UConn is bad because other admins luv UConn. Also bashing SU fan posters is all in good fun but bashing UConn is SERIOUS AND FORBIDDEN.
If they loved UConn so much, why did they let that slur go what must have been thousands of times?

If they loved UConn so much, why did they let that slur go what must have been thousands of times?

hmmmmm, I do not know. Perhaps is a newly founded love after adopting them in the NCAA's. I think you may have missed the tone of my posting in this thread. Its basic smack not fact. Its because this UConn luv is sickening and allowed while bashing them is suddenly not.

I didn't realize that. Whoever it is should stop using it in my opinion. It does seem to fall into a similar room as the F this world. Had its place for a while, and has since run its course.

albanycuse said:
I dont put anyone on a pedestal , everyones on the same level to me. Noones more important, the only difference is what they have to say.

Oh, I know, wasn't saying that about you. Was actually agreeing with you and kinda adding on. Sorry for the confusion.

jvbj01 said:
Names?

I'm not going to do that because I don't think the people who are "idolized" here have that intention.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom