Local eats | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Local eats

Best cookies I have ever in had in town were from Rosalie bakery in Skaneatles (it's in the back). They're big and somewhat pricey, 6 for $10 bucks I think. Get the chocolate chip. The do sell out a lot and the hours are not great as I believe the bakery closes before the restaurant opens.
Amen to that. Those cookies are outstanding.

Anyway the talk about the garlic Tuscan loaf made me nostaglic for something that I truly had no idea that I missed.

Anyway the talk about the garlic Tuscan loaf made me nostaglic for something that I truly had no idea that I missed.
For sure. I've taken a lot of bread out of my diet, and I love basically all kinds and flavor except maybe ciabatta which I feel like I have mentioned before to most people's chagrin, so I usually pass by the bakery aisle when I am food shopping. I'm sorry you posted this. Now, I can't get the vision out of my head of a hot fresh loaf that's soft on the inside with a hard crust that's perfect to scoop up leftover sauce with.

For sure. I've taken a lot of bread out of my diet, and I love basically all kinds and flavor except maybe ciabatta which I feel like I have mentioned before to most people's chagrin, so I usually pass by the bakery aisle when I am food shopping. I'm sorry you posted this. Now, I can't get the vision out of my head of a hot fresh loaf that's soft on the inside with a hard crust that's perfect to scoop up leftover sauce with.

As a keto fan…. I get it

Yes, this thread is tough to read. So much stuff so delicious so off the table for eating.

There are keto hot dog and burgers rolls out there. I found and bought some just before Memorial Day.

I am pretty sure they would taste terrible to someone who eats carbs regularly but for someone who has not had a burger or a dog with a bun for years, just having a toasted plain bun to eat with the protein was wonderful.

Some of you guys might want to try this: BREADS
Everyone is different but I look at that nutritional label for the sandwich bread and compare it to regular sandwich bread and still think it's really high in saturated fat, cholesterol, sodium and carbs and would pass without even having to know that it is $10 a loaf. Normally price isn't necessarily a turn-off but when I see certain products that try to pass themselves off as really good for you and then realize the nutritional value of the store brand that is on the next shelf over is the same or better and the store brand happens to be half the price.

Everyone is different but I look at that nutritional label for the sandwich bread and compare it to regular sandwich bread and still think it's really high in saturated fat, cholesterol, sodium and carbs and would pass without even having to know that it is $10 a loaf. Normally price isn't necessarily a turn-off but when I see certain products that try to pass themselves off as really good for you and then realize the nutritional value of the store brand that is on the next shelf over is the same or better and the store brand happens to be half the price.

This is the nutritional profile of the 7 nut and seed bread I typically eat. I would say this is far superior to any traditional bread of which I am aware:

Details​

Our bread is gluten free, grain free, 100% paleo and keto certified, dairy-free, and soy-free with just 4 net carbs per serving.

Base Culture's paleo products are made with ZERO artificial ingredients. See product description below for specific ingredients.

Ingredients​

WATER, EGGS, ALMOND BUTTER, GOLDEN FLAXSEED MEAL, ARROWROOT FLOUR, PSYLLIUM HUSK POWDER, ALMOND FLOUR, APPLE CIDER VINEGAR, PUMPKIN SEEDS, CHIA SEEDS, FLAXSEED, SEA SALT, SUNFLOWER SEEDS, PECANS, HEMP HEARTS, COCONUT OIL, BAKING SODA, XANTHAN GUM

Nutrition Facts​

• Total Fat: 7g
  • Saturated Fat: 1g
  • Trans Fat: 0g
  • Cholesterol: 30mg
  • Sodium: 180mg
  • Total Carbhoydrate: 8g
  • Dietary Fiber: 4g
  • Total Sugars: 0g
  • Includes 0g Added Sugars
  • Protein: 4g

Any reviewers?

Also crumbl cookies is coming to the Erie Canal mall area. Never had but can’t wait to dive in.

I will put in a plug for J R Diner between 7th north streets and kratz ave.

The woman who works front of the house is a pleasure to speak with and a wonderful server. Rust belt small greek diner. Food was fantastic and I left happy as could be. Hidden gem for sure