Local eats | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Local eats

I don't visit the area too often but I could use some Mexican recs. I feel like that type of food isn't so fruitful in the area. I'm talking a baby size burrito Mexican food.

I don't visit the area too often but I could use some Mexican recs. I feel like that type of food isn't so fruitful in the area. I'm talking a baby size burrito Mexican food.
Camino Real in North Syracuse is good. I like Tres Primos in Elbridge a little better but a more of a drive.

Ponchito’s is always a solid option for a good, big burrito.

Guadalajara is supposedly very good (I haven’t been).

Both are fairly close to each other on the western edge of downtown.

Camino Real in North Syracuse is good. I like Tres Primos in Elbridge a little better but a more of a drive.

I love Tres Primos in Elbridge. Definitely worth the drive.

How about the New Mexican place over at The Village Deli called Tulum? Article on Syracuse dot com made it sound good.

I like that Twin Trees well enough, but they've never served me a pie cut anything but Syracuse style.
I think if he got a fresh pizza it would’ve ranged high 6s.
I’ve only had that one and the north Syracuse one and the NS one is superior.
I do need to make it to the Liverpool one that’s the OG? No interest in the Fayetville one, not unless someone has something positive to say about it.
5th location?

I think if he got a fresh pizza it would’ve ranged high 6s.
I’ve only had that one and the north Syracuse one and the NS one is superior.
I do need to make it to the Liverpool one that’s the OG? No interest in the Fayetville one, not unless someone has something positive to say about it.
5th location?

The Fayetteville one is HORRIBLE.

I'm an Avery guy myself but am usually happy with Milton and East Syracuse as well. Think the North Syracuse location was solid the one time I went. Isn't that the one that used to do a lunch buffet?

Just ate ate at Borados in Central Square. Very good meal (sirloin).

Last edited:
No, I'm fully with you on Wildcat. They are tied with Pavone's for my favorite pizza in Syracuse and their Spicy Ranch wings are my sleeper for #1 in town.
For me, Ranch Dressing is to Blue cheese as IPAs are to real beer.

For me, Ranch Dressing is to Blue cheese as IPAs are to real beer.

Oh I don't dip them (or any other wing) in ranch. The spicy ranch is just the sauce on the wings. It's a mix of a traditional buffalo sauce with ranch. The wings are then properly dipped in blue cheese. It was a combination I didn't think I needed until I tried them.

He's now posting his stops in Utica. I heard O'Scugnizzo scored into the low 8s. I for the life of me can't figure out who or why that word is pronounced "Oh-Skin-Eats" but who am I to argue.