Locker Room | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Locker Room

The Indiana locker room you posted is the locker room where they practice and play in Assembly Hall. It just so happens our main arena is not our practice facility.

Wouldn't you want to practice on the same court, same baskets, same environment as which you play? I'd think so. But genuinely not sure how many schools practice where they play...many?

Wouldn't you want to practice on the same court, same baskets, same environment as which you play? I'd think so. But genuinely not sure how many schools practice where they play...many?

Weights, food, med staff, recovery, etc etc etc are all at Melo. And it's across the street basically from where they live.

Here is Indiana: ==>Why they dont use folding chairs:

1624302488758.png

SU is savings its money for salary and fringe benefits.

Anyway, SU has won more games at home since 1980 than any other program. Look it up. All the big names scheduled plenty of cupcakes. But we had Big East 8-9 games every year and now ACC 9-10 games every year. Its no joke. Carrier Dome, the winningest home court in the nation.!!!!!!

The Dome is used by other sports though, as you know, so having the Melo Center makes scheduling practice much easier during busy times.

Speaking of locker rooms, I have a few family members that have played at BYU and he shared this today. We definitely need some major upgrades to the locker room.

I mean I hear you. If it gets to that point where we can't get a recruit without 100k in tech in the locker room and a barber shop - sure. That said with NLI they can hopefully afford "UberCuts" in the near future.
Its been at that point for years. We are in an arms race, like it or not. And, as of today's Court ruling we are also in a payment contest. Amateur sports is on the way out.

Ever watch the NBA: bling, gold chains, fur coats, diamond earrings, loud tats..., the trappings are consequential. Suppose we offered high school lockers - it would be a turnoff. Creating a hip atmosphere is essential.

Everyone is counting on next years class. I'm expecting the usual number of disappointments. Recruiters are salesmen. Give them the very best product to sell.

Last edited:

csportfotohoosiers-screenshot-031721-ftrjpg_17ytsle8rzu9l1ekldh03v0ed1-900x480.jpg

Speaking of locker rooms, I have a few family members that have played at BYU and he shared this today. We definitely need some major upgrades to the locker room.

That might be for football but that’s almost identical to what UNC has for basketball…

they weren’t included because they have Michael Jordan money…

Although….Christmas’s son is from the Jordan tree sooooooooo you never know

Sometimes things said on here are so old and outdated. Just because you don’t want or care for the big lounge chairs, the fancy oversized TVs etc doesn’t mean that’s what kids these days aren’t looking for

to stay competitive with kids these days we need to have top end facilities, even if they only spend a quarter of the time there.

while that locker room looks nice, I would love to compare it to other schools locker rooms…Duke, Kentucky, UNC etc
It’s Prime Day! Bling it!

And yet they’ve made one sweet sixteen in 40 years and have never made a final four. Maybe they should focus more on winning NCAA tournament games than on luxurious locker rooms…..

And yet they’ve made one sweet sixteen in 40 years and have never made a final four. Maybe they should focus more on winning NCAA tournament games than on luxurious locker rooms…..

Cameraman failure on the bathroom pic..

The players lounge in the Melo Center is where the players hang out ... not in the Dome locker room where they only get pre-game and half-time talks ... and do post-game interviews. The Melo Center players lounge was recently renovated in honor of Kelly Seubert. It is world-class.

Last edited:
The players lounge in the Melo Center is where the players hang out ... not in the Dome locker room where they get pre-game and half-time talks ... and do post-game interviews. The Melo players lounge was recently renovated in honor of Kelly Seubert. It is world-class.
Looks great. Thank you.

Sometimes things said on here are so old and outdated. Just because you don’t want or care for the big lounge chairs, the fancy oversized TVs etc doesn’t mean that’s what kids these days aren’t looking for

to stay competitive with kids these days we need to have top end facilities, even if they only spend a quarter of the time there.

while that locker room looks nice, I would love to compare it to other schools locker rooms…Duke, Kentucky, UNC etc
Yeah the kids are looking to be able to keep the lounge chairs, game systems and personal assistants assigned to them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom