Looking ahead to Louisville, NC State, and Pitt... | Syracusefan.com

Looking ahead to Louisville, NC State, and Pitt...

A Clockwork Orange

2022 Cali Winner (Overall Record)
These games are going to be incredibly difficult. We play our easiest game on the road and play three of the top five rushing defenses in the ACC. We're one of the five and Clemson is the other.

Pitt has a dynamic offense, and NC State is very solid. We seem to always play poorly at Louisville. There is a realistic and not pessimistic scenario that this team could lose all three. I think Louisville is their best chance to win six, but none of these games will be easy.

I have faith in the offense and the offensive line to move the ball and to play ball control coming out of the bye. I hope the defense is up to the task.

These games are going to be incredibly difficult. We play our easiest game on the road and play three of the top five rushing defenses in the ACC. We're one of the five and Clemson is the other.

Pitt has a dynamic offense, and NC State is very solid. We seem to always play poorly at Louisville. There is a realistic and not pessimistic scenario that this team could lose all three. I think Louisville is their best chance to win six, but none of these games will be easy.

I have faith in the offense and the offensive line to move the ball and to play ball control coming out of the bye. I hope the defense is up to

I have faith in the offense and the offensive line to move the ball and to play ball control coming out of the bye. I hope the defense is up to the task.
Just watched the NCS L'ville game. Cunningham didn't handle pressure very well. Also, NCS Oline was not all that impressive against a 3-man rush.
Would feel better if we had them in the dome.

Has to be Louisville; fresh team coming off 2 weeks rest, vs struggling team. Plus - Cards look like they lost safety Tre Clark to serious injury last night; key cog to their defense.
Just leave no doubt, and get the 6 win monkey off the back.

Last edited:
Louisville seems very similar to us, offensive strength is running the ball but struggle when it comes to passing.

One thing I like is Louisville has been more undisciplined and turnover prone than we have been.
Watching the LVille Clemson tape Id imagine is going to be very beneficial to our staff to see how the Cardinals handle the admittedly depleted Clemson front and look for chinks in the armor, and also how they respond to the legs of Shipley

if we’re gonna beat em, I’m pretty sure we’re gonna have to do it on the ground.

When we do that, will it be intentional or will we be just a bit off while aiming for the grundle?
Intentional yesterday seemed to work much better than grundle before, so... intentional. Final answer.

When I read that we are playing 3 of the 5 best rushing defenses in the last 3 games, my thought was thats because they haven’t played us. After the game I hear the Pinl Panther’s Chief Inspector say,”Not anymore!”

Watching the LVille Clemson tape Id imagine is going to be very beneficial to our staff to see how the Cardinals handle the admittedly depleted Clemson front and look for chinks in the armor, and also how they respond to the legs of Shipley

if we’re gonna beat em, I’m pretty sure we’re gonna have to do it on the ground.
I’m hoping Louisville beats Clemson and lays a huge f-inch egg against us

Just watched the NCS L'ville game. Cunningham didn't handle pressure very well. Also, NCS Oline was not all that impressive against a 3-man rush.
Would feel better if we had them in the dome.
That's where I am too. All things being equal I think SU wins. It being away from home is the big question mark for me.

I think we have a really good team who’s record doesn’t do us justice. I’m worried the most with Pitt just because they can air it out and some of the guys in the secondary will give up some long passes. But who knows , you have to factor momentum, and we have a ton of it now. I would be much more surprised if we lost all 3 instead of win, same with 1-2 and instead of 2-1.

NC State has looked consistently good on offense, about 30-ish ppg against their best competition. Their defense is solid too.

In our favor is that we are the sixth straight week they play coming out of their bye. Injuries begin to add up late in the year

I’d feel better if our D wasn’t leaving practically every downfield BC receiver wide open. Seems like an ACC qb would’ve exposed the secondary big time. I’m hoping they were somewhat intentionally left open betting the PWO qb couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn. I truly hope so.

With 2 weeks to prepare and heal some injuries Babers. White. & Gilbert create the scheme and the players execute = mission accomplished ( SU ) leaves Cardinal stadium 6 - 4 and become bowl eligible.

All three of these games are winnable, Miami just proved that. I’m convinced it’s a matter of us playing against ourselves and not our opponent. When we are clicking we’re dangerous for anyone in our conference. Our D also consistently keeps us in every game.

Louisville seems very similar to us, offensive strength is running the ball but struggle when it comes to passing.

One thing I like is Louisville has been more undisciplined and turnover prone than we have been.
Right on

I’d feel better if our D wasn’t leaving practically every downfield BC receiver wide open. Seems like an ACC qb would’ve exposed the secondary big time. I’m hoping they were somewhat intentionally left open betting the PWO qb couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn. I truly hope so.
Not saying we dont have work to do in the back end but Flowers runs pass every defense. They've been trying to hit him all season and their QB's over throws him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSmith

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom