Looking forward to the games this weekend. | Syracusefan.com

Looking forward to the games this weekend.

Delmar

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Leading Frosh Scorer
Here is my analysis of the games this weekend.

These two games will be a great test for this young team.

The key to victory in both games is whether we can score more points than our opponents do. The offense should try to score as often as possible and with regularity. And by scoring I mean 'scoring the basketball.' Scoring with other inflated spheres will not help our cause at all.

The defense needs to impede the opposition's access to the basket at which they will be trying to score. Standing in their way and waving our hands will help a lot. I hope the team remembers to do this when they are playing defense. Picking up a loose ball on the floor before the other team gets it will also be advantageous for us. We can give up some points and that will be alright as long as we do not give up as many points as we score ourselves.

If we can beat the California Golden Bears (and that should be a stiff test because not only are they bears, they are golden, too), I predict we will play the winner of the other game between the Iowa Hawkeyes and the Texas Longhorns.

The key to victory in both games is whether we can score more points than our opponents do. The offense should try to score as often as possible and with regularity. And by scoring I mean 'scoring the basketball.' Scoring with other inflated spheres will not help our cause at all.

Have you shared this with anyone else? We need to keep this over on the Pay side. :D

The defense needs to impede the opposition's access to the basket at which they will be trying to score. Standing in their way and waving our hands will help a lot. I hope the team remembers to do this when they are playing defense. Picking up a loose ball on the floor before the other team gets it will also be advantageous for us. We can give up some points and that will be alright as long as we do not give up as many points as we score ourselves.

If we can beat the California Golden Bears (and that should be a stiff test because not only are they bears, they are golden, too), I predict we will play the winner of the other game between the Iowa Hawkeyes and the Texas Longhorns.

Brilliant stuff.

I'd add, the players should focus on the game, not the cheerleaders.

It's a simple game sometimes, ain't it? ... :cool:

they just gotta take it 1 game at a time and give it everything they got. at the end of the day it is what it is. some days you win. some days you lose. some days it rains. and every day boeheim picks his nose. lets go cuse.

You must not have been a fan for very long, because everybody knows that JB prefers the zone, only plays his favorites when there are better options on the bench, and he saves his best for the national media. Not to mention these MSG games are home games. This is anything but simple!

You must not have been a fan for very long, because everybody knows that JB prefers the zone, only plays his favorites when there are better options on the bench, and he saves his best for the national media. Not to mention these MSG games are home games. This is anything but simple!

You misundertake me, sir! What is a zone other than standing between your opponent and the basket while waving your hands?

You need to bring brass knuckles when you play a Quanzo Martin team. Maybe a couple of tire irons too. Gonna be very physical. Will be interesting to see how our team reacts. I have a concern that you'll see a team photo of the 2014-15 Orange in the dictionary next to the word finesse.

I heard a rumor that the fans will actually stand & cheer when our team scores the basketball, & a reliable source has leaked to me that foam #1 hands will be smuggled into the Gaaaaaden...

Can anyone verify this intelligence?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom