Lost in the moyer howard shuffle | Syracusefan.com

Lost in the moyer howard shuffle

Brissett was fine, but had a poor offensive game.
Chukwu has to learn to stop committing stupid fouls away from the basket.
Battle had the really good stretch in the 2nd half but was mostly up and down for the game.

Battle had the really good stretch in the 2nd half but was mostly up and down for the game.

Agreed that Brissett is fine but his shooting concerns me.

We played ok and won with solid contributions from everyone including Frank. This team is going to be maddening but fun to watch. I love their effort and you can tell they pull for each other. The chemistry of this team is excellent.

Both brisset and chuk had a couple of big blocks each and rebounded well.

When uconn was making a second half run and jimmy brought chuk back in w four fouls, it killed their momentum. Ty was also huge on d w five steals.

Brissett needs to stop launching so many deep balls.

His form is not bad. The team badly needs more outside shooting if we are to compete against better teams. As long as they are good shots i am ok if he takes a few. Gotta believe his percentage will start to improve soon.
Jb is all chips in on frank. Literally the most incapable guard weve had here for o. He is very good on d however. I just, unfortunately, think hes not the most intelligent bball player. Hope its still nerves for a guy who played since freshmen year. I will try to keep faith.

Last edited:
His form is not bad. The team badly needs more outside shooting if we are to compete against better teams. As long as they are good shots i am ok if he takes a few. Gotta believe his percentage will start to improve soon.
I didn't say he shouldn't shoot them, just shoot them more selectively. He's been very effective slashing to the basket. Too many of his bricks from deep lead to runouts.

Brisket is the second best player on the team. Period. End of discussion. He will be fine, guy is an NBA player in two years max, max. He is incredible. He will only get better, he's fine.

Brisket is the second best player on the team. Period. End of discussion. He will be fine, guy is an NBA player in two years max, max. He is incredible. He will only get better, he's fine.
Brisket?

I thought his shot selection was actually much better last night. He only shot 3 from deep. Granted, he missed all 3 but he's usually been forcing more from deep than he did last night.

He may have been 5-13 (and 0-3 from three, like you said), but he had 10 boards, 1 steal, 2 blocks and made all six of this FTs.

And, teams have to worry about him.

His shot will start falling, but it's important how many boards and FTs he's getting.

He may have been 5-13 (and 0-3 from three, like you said), but he had 10 boards, 1 steal, 2 blocks and made all six of this FTs.

And, teams have to worry about him.

His shot will start falling, but it's important how many boards and FTs he's getting.

"But he makes them in practice."

Until he makes them in games, he's a consistent "Good T-Rob", which isn't bad but on this team isn't enough.

"But he makes them in practice."

Until he makes them in games, he's a consistent "Good T-Rob", which isn't bad but on this team isn't enough.

usually have a very high regard for your opinions, but gotta call you out on this one. Brisset is soooo much better than TROB it makes my head spin.

On this year's team, I would say Moyer is the better Trob comparo.

Brisket?
images

I'll let myself out...

Oshae should pump fake from 3 and go for the 15 footer. He seems to be very good from mid-range.

Oshae should pump fake from 3 and go for the 15 footer. He seems to be very good from mid-range.

Id rather he take the three or drive all the way in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom