Louisville Game Thread... | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Louisville Game Thread...

Louisville just threw up floaters and planted their two bigs down low and got every rebound. Dribble penetration kills it. U of L's zone made our zone look comical

JeremyCuse said:
The fact this team is even on the bubble with our interior d is a miracle. Any team with a half decent big man is eating us alive. Feels like we're playing Ewing and Shaq in their primes out there.

This.

We made Onuaku look like Chris Webber tonight. We've had a great run since Boeheim came back, but we can't forget just how weak our interior defense is...and it ain't going to get better this year. We don't have the horses.
Correct. Lydon not strong enough and DC not quick or athletic enough

I can't wait to leave this thread for the lovely 17 other threads that are wholeheartedly positive, praising and behind the fellas. Must be some fun, fun goings on. :eat popcorn: Shoot. I forgot. I can't have popcorn. :( nor rum! :mad:

You aren't going to beat anyone on the road when only two players show up to play. Cooney and Howard were the only two who came to play. It was Silent G's worst game of the year. He was absolutely horrible. Mali, Lydon, and Roberson were almost as bad. Our zone can't allow penetration and when it does, lob dunks happen all over the place. We couldn't keep their guards in front of us. Onuaku physically mauled Lydon and Roberson. It was very disappointing, but we have to go home and get ready for Pitt. Pitt is a huge game for us. We're going to quickly see how tough this team is.

We made Onuaku look like Chris Webber tonight. We've had a great run since Boeheim came back, but we can't forget just how weak our interior defense is...and it ain't going to get better this year. We don't have the horses.

Unfortunately, I agree. Combine that with a coach in Pitino that really can break down and expose JB's zone as well as anyone.

We need to hold our serve at home against Pitt and NC State. Pitt has also gotten the better of us more times than not the past few years...Dixon is another guy that has a lot of success in breaking down our zone. There's probably not a coach I despise more that Dixon and his smugness.

This team is what it is.

Good on the perimeter.

Soft in the middle.

We can beat a lot of teams, but certain teams are going to expose our weakness in a bad way.

You guys need to get back to business. Louisville also had a lot to prove and they are at home. Bigass drama down here. I want you to do well if we can't. You have great athletes - really cool ones, lol, who will use this finishing stretch to find themselves even more. Next year I think we play you twice. This is an excellent rivalry to see rekindled.

Finish well. Use this game as a springboard.

I would like to apologize to the UNC fans that were on the background during the first half when ESPN hijacked of our game.

For some reason I thought the game was at Cameron, and I referred to them as Duke Douchebags and Duke Dorks.

While you are still Douches and Dorks, it certain is highly inappropriate and offensive to refer to anybody as Duke Fans.

comic-book-guy-worst-post-ever.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom