Louisville Postgame Discussion Thread | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Louisville Postgame Discussion Thread

First of all I can't stop laughing while looking at the image. That is really just hilarious but honestly good for him. We all wish we could be on the sidelines watching and cheering. That said I look forward to the memes that will sprout from the image. Someone will be photoshopping some items from that photo...not if, just when.

First of all I can't stop laughing while looking at the image. That is really just hilarious but honestly good for him. We all wish we could be on the sidelines watching and cheering. That said I look forward to the memes that will sprout from the image. Someone will be photoshopping some items from that photo...not if, just when.
Sean’s arms are bigger than the kids legs.

Just walked in the door. What an effort.
My biggest takeaway is that Coaching at this level is SO important. Our O looked 1000x better and each year coach Whites D improves. A&B are unbelievably composed.
We obviously need to clean up the oline penalty issues but from the beginning the team looked prepared, organized and extremely well coached. Night and day from last year. If we can keep this staff together we have a chance to make some serious strides the next few years. Hats off to the staff. Fantastic job.
The team looked like they expected to win, and to win easily

TV replay tonight at 730. I was at the game, how was the game called? Did Syracuse get some fair comment and love or was it all about Louisville not doing stuff?
I was in and out, but the lead guy did his homework. One of his comments was that Tucker would be "pleased" with a play . ( I do t remember exactly, but it was too oddly phrased to not be intentional). The color guy was complimentary, but was clear that he wasn't expecting what he saw. Also very positive on #34.

I was thinking we didn’t use any gadget plays. I thought Coach Anae liked to use them. Not that we needed to use them.

I was thinking we didn’t use any gadget plays. I thought Coach Anae liked to use them. Not that we needed to use them.

This.

Their biggest gainer was a WR option pass, that GW saved a TD on.
Then we had the goal line stand to keep them off the board.

We straight-up curb stomped them, and didn’t need to go to the well to do it.

And as you said - Anae routinely uses gadget plays, so we have that to look forward to, when we need a little something extra.

No. I said before the game that if we can be up by 2 scores in the 2nd half, we're going to run the ball down their throats, and that's exactly what we did. You wouldn't believe how fast the 3rd quarter passed, with us running the ball so well.

The last 3 minutes of the game when we were killing clock.

The last 3 minutes of the game when we were killing clock.

Do you see other teams bring in the second string to run out the clock at the end of the game? I don't. Not sure what else you're expecting them do there, from an offensive standpoint. They took minimal risks. They were vanilla plays.

A player can get hurt on ANY play, if that's your point, about the risk. And Louisville was playing a rather dirty game, so yes, I do see your point.

By the way -- Louisville is scum

How many cheap shots did they get away with last night? We're lucky more players weren't injured, due to their dirty tactics.
The grabbing face masks, twisting at legs in piles, diving on the pile late, those cheap blindside blocks….yeah, they were something else.

We were physical between the whistles. The right way. They were dirty.

By the way -- Louisville is scum

How many cheap shots did they get away with last night? We're lucky more players weren't injured, due to their dirty tactics.
It can be frustrating when you’re physically overmatched and the opposing team has out gameplanned you. Not shocked Louisville resorted to dirty plays. They’re basically K-mart Liberty to me

We dominated a game with that many penalties and some big dropped passes……
Can someone list the drops for me? Certainly the Jones one halfway through the third, and probably the deep sideline throw later in the third to Alford, I guess you could call the one to Jackson at the end of the first half since he got a hand on it, but the ball was thrown behind him. I actually didn;t think drops were that bad. Penalties on the other hand...

Can someone list the drops for me? Certainly the Jones one halfway through the third, and probably the deep sideline throw later in the third to Alford, I guess you could call the one to Jackson at the end of the first half since he got a hand on it, but the ball was thrown behind him. I actually didn;t think drops were that bad. Penalties on the other hand...

Mr Cooper was awesome, but -
he also had one hit him in the hands, he juggled it, then it got knocked loose.

Better that he didn’t establish possession, since a Llvll player scooped it up and coulda had 6, but it was correctly ruled incomplete.

In his defense, he did hang on to another similar pass where he got DRILLED right after securing it.

PS - how awesome is it that QB1 completed 72% of his passses, and we’re reviewing the 7 incompetes like the Zapruder film? ;)

Shrader was throwing darts all night.

Lmao watch Mikel Jones on McDonald’s interception.

We all need to appreciate Jones while he’s here. Have never seen a better teammate.
I used to work with G. Williams's sister and we'd occasionally talk Syracuse football. She told me the team loves Mikel Jones and he's a great leader that they rally around.
I think Jones had 2 drops. Alford's was pretty notable.

I used to work with G. Williams's sister and we'd occasionally talk Syracuse football. She told me the team loves Mikel Jones and he's a great leader that they rally around.

I think Jones had 2 drops. Alford's was pretty notable.
Cooper had one too I think, but he also made a couple tough catches.

Yup

Their replays seem to all be from the coach's box. Not a lot of $$$ spent on production compared to a major network broadcast.

Do you see other teams bring in the second string to run out the clock at the end of the game? I don't. Not sure what else you're expecting them do there, from an offensive standpoint. They took minimal risks. They were vanilla plays.

A player can get hurt on ANY play, if that's your point, about the risk. And Louisville was playing a rather dirty game, so yes, I do see your point.

Yes I see it all the time. Up 24 points with 3 minutes left. I see 1st string QBs handing off to 2nd and 3rd string RBs all the time to burn clock. What I don’t see are the first string RBs taking those handoffs and what I also don’t see are the first string QBs doing read option keepers and running the ball themselves. They leave that to the 2nd and 3rd string QBs who are in killing clock. This is a no brainer.

It shouldn’t even have to be said either that Tucker had been hurt earlier in the game and didn’t finish the 2nd Q. It’s the first game of a LONG season.

Last edited:
Cooper had one too I think, but he also made a couple tough catches.
Cooper got popped right after the ball got there and it was knocked loose. Personally I give a hat tip to the DB. That one and the ball behind Jackson were the only two that receivers touched in bounds at all and didn’t get their hands on. Certainly room for improvement, the Jones one was especially egregious, but overall I didn’t consider drops to be a major issue.

Jones, Cooper and Alford. I think all in the 3rd Q. All should’ve been caught.

This.

Their biggest gainer was a WR option pass, that GW saved a TD on.
Then we had the goal line stand to keep them off the board.

We straight-up curb stomped them, and didn’t need to go to the well to do it.

And as you said - Anae routinely uses gadget plays, so we have that to look forward to, when we need a little something extra.
Remind me to tell you a true curb stomp story if ever we should meet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom