LSU Game Thread... | Page 53 | Syracusefan.com

LSU Game Thread...

The only thing anybody will see is the final score. And everybody will say, ya, Syracuse sucks, so what

It was an atrocious call by Dino in game...but fantastic game plan to keep us in it. Offense is starting to click.

Dungey imo played his best game of his career tonite. Tough place to play and he was poised.

Sums it up

Hard to feel good about this or take away a moral victory. They should have won today.

Moral victories are bulls%^t. Why not go for two and why an onside kick. Let your defense get a 3 and out...Dino made two terrible calls tonight.

Well, this was never going to be our year. We are headed in the right direction. But the decision to kick an on sides kick scares me going forward.
You just scored, you have some mo, why would you deliberately shorten the field for them? Makes no sense to me.

SEC ain’t untouchable. Get 1 WR, 1 RB, and 2 OLs and we’ll beat you all by 2 TDS. Respect to Dungey. Too bad these other guys weren’t quite ready. Eric was ready to pull the “upset”.

Last edited:
Not dumb at all. They needed stops anyway
You are right. It wasn't dumb. It was moronic. When we decided to go for one, we were saying we want to kick a field goal to win this game. Outscore them 10-0 in the 4th. And when given that opportunity, you kick an on sides kick. killing your field position. Changing the way they would act on offense. Get them running downhill from the jump. One of the dumbest things I have evr seen a Syracuse football coach do. And boy, that is saying something.

I'm glad it turned into a good game to watch from start to finish but losing to a mediocre LSU team doesn't mean we can beat anyone, as some posters will want to spin. We are still 1-2 yrs from really being good, if Babers sticks around that long.

The fact that SU was in the game, should have won the game says this team is light years ahead of two years ago. SU can beat any team left on the schedule. Clemson may be the lone exception, but BC hung with for a while.

I love the effort. Maybe we should've won but I'm really proud of the team and happy with the direction. We just do not have the offennsive horses.
No. That was before the game. After watching these two teams, I can't agree with that.

You are right. It wasn't dumb. It was moronic. We when we decided to go for one, we were saying we want to kick a field goal to win this game. Outscore them 10-0 in the 4th. And when given that opportunity, you kick an on sides kick. killing your field position. Changing the way they would act on offense. Get them running downhill from the jump. One of the dumbest things I have evr seen a Syracuse football coach do. And boy, that is saying something.
Yeah it's not even a question. Field position is everything at that point

Thought we'd get killed so good that didn't happen. Still not nearly ready for prime time. Skill position talent is several years away I fear.
Yet still should have won IMO.

Yeah, yeah... disappointment and all, I get it... but I feel a lot better about this team today than at any other point this season.

you've got some questionable Babers decisions to sustain you throughout the week. Congrats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom