LSU Game Thread... | Page 54 | Syracusefan.com

LSU Game Thread...

Game was there for the taking. Self inflicted wounds.. Dungey coming out not composed, Riley drops the TD, onsides call.

Thought we'd get killed so good that didn't happen. Still not nearly ready for prime time. Skill position talent is several years away I fear.

To be honest. Middle tennessee scared me more than this LSu team did. We need a better running game, recievers who can catch (Besides Ish and Erv), and need more speed and discipline from our DBs

Still needed to get stops, no matter where you are. Couldn't get them.
Yes. Bunch of smart people here turn into meathead werewolves at night. Blarg twenty yards blarg field position!

Yes. The board is sleepy or something

It's twenty yards. Took a chance to keep the ball. You can still stop them.

You guys are worried about twenty five yards of field position trailing late and kicking off ?
Then why not actually onside kick it correctly? We didn't fool anyone there

You guys are worried about twenty five yards of field position trailing late and kicking off ?

I'm pretty sure you know my POV on risk taking. 5:30 to go, 2 TOs, kick it and play D. We've already eschewed the 2s to play for a FG, why blow up that strategy?

Yeah, when you are down 2, and have made the decision to go for one, yeah, we are worried about field position. It really isn't complicated. Hem them in deep. Get the ball in decent field position. Kick the field goal to win the game. Don't put them at mid field and with mo.

you've got some questionable Babers decisions to sustain you throughout the week. Congrats.
Only one more question is the onsides because I thought LSU might choke on their own. Other than that, he had his far less talented team hanging on the road at LSU.

You are right. It wasn't dumb. It was moronic. We when we decided to go for one, we were saying we want to kick a field goal to win this game. Outscore them 10-0 in the 4th. And when given that opportunity, you kick an on sides kick. killing your field position. Changing the way they would act on offense. Get them running downhill from the jump. One of the dumbest things I have evr seen a Syracuse football coach do. And boy, that is saying something.
Yeah, I like being aggressive. I get wanting the ball back right away.

But... LSU had to play safe and protect their lead there. They had to keep it on the ground and keep it vanilla. My confidence in those circumstances is that the D could get the ball back.

Game was there for the taking. Self inflicted wounds.. Dungey coming out not composed, Riley drops the TD, onsides call.

While the onside kick was questionable. We new they were gonna run it and all we had to do was prevent them from getting into the endzone. But they couldnt stop what they knew was coming. They would of just ran for 1st downs and ran out the clock if the onside didnt happen. Didnt make much difference in outcome. Just a difference in how much we lost by

you've got some questionable Babers decisions to sustain you throughout the week. Congrats.
Although I may not agree with some decisions, I can justify them... at the end of the day we're a bad int and a dropped post away from beating LSU in Death Valley... I don't mind that.

LSU might very well be mediocre at best, they still have some of the best athletes in the country and we stood toe to toe... f...u...Ck NC State

Yeah, yeah... disappointment and all, I get it... but I feel a lot better about this team today than at any other point this season.
This might just be like Auburn in 02 for all we know

SU busted their asses tonight. LSU is far from the best team that they will face this year so it's disappointing but we need to move past this complete bs.

Although I may not agree with some decisions, I can justify them... at the end of the day we're a bad int and a dropped post away from beating LSU in Death Valley... I don't mind that.

LSU might very well be mediocre at best, they still have some of the best athletes in the country and we stood toe to toe... ...u...Ck NC State

When it comes to Babers you are the Igor of this board. You have the strongest anti-Babers agenda on the board.

Yeah, when you are down 2, and have made the decision to go for one, yeah, we are worried about field position. It really isn't complicated. Hem them in deep. Get the ball in decent field position. Kick the field goal to win the game. Don't put them at mid field and with mo.
You have to make stops to get decent field position. You know what happens if you get the onside?

You get

Wait for it

Great field position

It's a bittersweet symphony this life . . . .

I don't like moral victories, but this was a moral victory. We looked like a real football team on national television.

Oh well. The entire season is the next 2 weeks. Need 2 wins.

Respectfully disagree, they needed every call the refs could give them to beat FSU with a Freshman QB who is NOT ready to play P5 football yet. NCState has a habit of losing games they shouldn't after beating FSU.

Completely agree and is why I like our odds on the road next Saturday.

State is gonna State.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom