Luke Arciniega | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Luke Arciniega

Article on the front page of TOS that teases with DM and GA visited in-home yesterday (CA) and left a big impression with Luke and family.

From the visit list looks like Luke is on his way to visit Memphis today.

Yeah, who would turn down a chance to play in the NNNBE over the ACC?

The Miami visit would have worried me but since he's a Jan enrollee I think he's 95% to come here.

I agree I'm just saying that's a nice setup.

I agree I'm just saying that's a nice setup.
I think ours are nicer based on the new pics. At least our hall of fame doesn't have to boast our best NFL alum as Deangelo Williams...

I think ours are nicer based on the new pics. At least our hall of fame doesn't have to boast our best NFL alum as Deangelo Williams...

Obviously there is no comparison as to HOF'ers and current players. I just haven't seen pictures or video of the whole renovation project completed.

Isaac Bruce, but point taken.

Just found his Hudl Highlights. I think we need him!

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1799343/luke-arciniega
I love his film. In my judgment, he is a tremendous physical talent and if he were to come here, would be a near lock to start at MIKE for us next year. The only issue is whether he can handle the mental part of the job. But the staff wouldn't have offered him if this was an issue.

I think he could be an all conference player his senior year and play on Sundays. He is that good. That being said, he is also a huge risk. He suffered a severe concussion his frosh year at Nevada and was told his football career was over. After sitting out a year or two, he decided to get back into the game and has played really well. However, one bad collision and his career will be over for good.

Given all the collisions a MIKE has, odds are pretty good he is going to get another brain injury. If he didn't have this problem, I think he would be extremely heavily recruited.

Given our acute need at this position, I see him as the most important remaining recruit in the class. He is the missing link...with him, the SU defense could be outstanding.

I love his film. In my judgment, he is a tremendous physical talent and if he were to come here, would be a near lock to start at MIKE for us next year. The only issue is whether he can handle the mental part of the job. But the staff wouldn't have offered him if this was an issue.

I think he could be an all conference player his senior year and play on Sundays. He is that good. That being said, he is also a huge risk. He suffered a severe concussion his frosh year at Nevada and was told his football career was over. After sitting out a year or two, he decided to get back into the game and has played really well. However, one bad collision and his career will be over for good.

Given all the collisions a MIKE has, odds are pretty good he is going to get another brain injury. If he didn't have this problem, I think he would be extremely heavily recruited.

Given our acute need at this position, I see him as the most important remaining recruit in the class. He is the missing link...with him, the SU defense could be outstanding.

I saw the head injury thing alluded to in an article but it was never really spelled out as a concussion. Thanks for that info - seems like a big risk, big reward recruit. Hopefully he's the Jermaine Pierce antithesis.

"He suffered a severe concussion his frosh year at Nevada and was told his football career was over. After sitting out a year or two, he decided to get back into the game and has played really well. However, one bad collision and his career will be over for good."

Interesting that the staff would take a chance on Luke when Adam Harris wasn't allowed to come back after his last concussion that was also considered career ending.

After reading your comments Re: Luke's previous concussion and then watching his video...it looks like he has made a conscious effort not to lead with his head. Whether taking on blockers or making a tackle it almost appears he attempts to keep his head from initial contact. I could be wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom