Luke Winn doesn't have us in his Preseason | Syracusefan.com

Luke Winn doesn't have us in his Preseason

pfister1

2023-24 Iggy Winner ACC & OOC Record
Top16. Showing a lot of love for Louisville, Notre Dame and Jack Cooley.

CNNSI

Top16. Showing a lot of love for Louisville, Notre Dame and Jack Cooley.

CNNSI

Whatever. We lost a lot of talent on paper, so I'm comfortable with starting in the mid-teens.

If a couple of things fall into place, by the end of the year, we'll be top 5. Mark it down.

Whatever. We lost a lot of talent on paper, so I'm comfortable with starting in the mid-teens.

If a couple of things fall into place, by the end of the year, we'll be top 5. Mark it down.
I agree, and I also think the Winn is one of the better analysts out there. I bet he would also agree that SU has the talent to climb into the top 5 by the end of the season.

I think there should be a separate "Poll Disrespect" forum on this board.

That is on the pay side...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
Sadly, my application for pay side membership was rejected.

No problem here with being ranked #17 by Winn. He is entitled to his opinion and given all the things that need to go the way we want them to go does not mean it will happen. I would disagree with him much more if he had the Orange in his preseason top 5.

Cooley will find it a little harder to move Coleman than Christmas.

I have to agree with him. I'm not as in love with next year's team as some others are. Lot of people need to step up!

whatevs. I'd have no problem with him putting us at 17—If there were legitimately 16 better teams. Look at his top 16. I mean, really look at it.

whatevs. I'd have no problem with him putting us at 17—If there were legitimately 16 better teams. Look at his top 16. I mean, really look at it.

Agreed. And by arguing this point, I'm not saying that where Luke Winn ranks us has any bearing on how our season turns out. But Kansas lost a lot on paper too, and they're #8. Ohio State lost a lot and they're #7. Florida lost Beal and has a decent class coming in...nothing special, and they are ranked #6. Notre Dame is at #11. Really?

It's nice to feel underrated as much as it's nice to be ranked real high so ultimately, it doesn't matter that much to me. But it's worth talking about, and I agree with pearl on this one.

No problem here with being ranked #17 by Winn. He is entitled to his opinion and given all the things that need to go the way we want them to go does not mean it will happen. I would disagree with him much more if he had the Orange in his preseason top 5.
Where did he have preason this past season?

Ehh not outragous. I put in the 15 or so area with our youth leaving a lot of room to move up or down.

i just looked at his list and saw uk too high same with kansas and memphis in top 16 in another preaseason poll, didnt they lose barton? w/e come december su will be top 5 again

Oh well, this season is a lost cause now. Let's talk 2013-2014.

Agreed. And by arguing this point, I'm not saying that where Luke Winn ranks us has any bearing on how our season turns out. But Kansas lost a lot on paper too, and they're #8. Ohio State lost a lot and they're #7. Florida lost Beal and has a decent class coming in...nothing special, and they are ranked #6. Notre Dame is at #11. Really?

It's nice to feel underrated as much as it's nice to be ranked real high so ultimately, it doesn't matter that much to me. But it's worth talking about, and I agree with pearl on this one.

I'm fairly certain that if we beat Ohio State and made it to the final 4 this year, we'd be in his top 10...

How you exit the tourney is a factor in next year's prelim rankings... hence why Kansas and OSU are ahead of us... Final 4 gives you a nice bounce unless you lose everyone...

I'm fairly certain that if we beat Ohio State and made it to the final 4 this year, we'd be in his top 10...

How you exit the tourney is a factor in next year's prelim rankings... hence why Kansas and OSU are ahead of us... Final 4 gives you a nice bounce unless you lose everyone...

I guess I agree with that, but how do you explain UK at #4? 5 guys from last season's roster declare for the draft (Davis, Jones, Teague, Lamb and Kidd-Gilchrist) and 3 more (including Miller) exhaust their eligibility. Top returning player in terms of mpg will be Wiltjer and he averaged only 11 minutes per game - he was 7th among all of their player last season. Add to that the 8th and 9th guys in terms of minutes per game were seniors and should be gone too.

And we have question marks?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom