Lunardi is "smoking" that funny stuff again | Syracusefan.com

Lunardi is "smoking" that funny stuff again

DonLightfoot

All Conference
Just looked at his current bracketology and he has 10 (that's right - ten) BIG 10 teams in the dance. ACC has 8. Now go and look at the current BIG 10 standings. Am I missing something about that conference?

Just looked at his current bracketology and he has 10 (that's right - ten) BIG 10 teams in the dance. ACC has 8. Now go and look at the current BIG 10 standings. Am I missing something about that conference?
I looked and I can justify 8 MAX. Them your looking at teams that are overall for the season just above 500%. Lunatic needs too quit if he thinks they deserve a spot in the dance right now. Wooooow.

It's not just Lunardi. The composite Bracket Matrix also has 10 from the Big Ten right now as well. Of the Power 6 conferences through yesterday's games the composite Bracket has:

Big Ten - 10/14
Big 12 - 8/10
SEC - 8/14
ACC - 8/15
BE - 4/10
PAC - 2/12

Only other multiple bid conference right now is AAC with 3. All other conferences are out there with 1 bid each. Which means conferences that usually get at least two bids (A10, WCC, and MW) are not this year at this point. So yes Indiana apparently looks good in comparison with other available at-large candidates. This also applies to the likes of Seton Hall, Florida and Arizona State. It's why I haven't been sweating our situation as much as others on this board.

Cheers,
Neil

records arent as important as strength of wins

It's not just Lunardi. The composite Bracket Matrix also has 10 from the Big Ten right now as well. Of the Power 6 conferences through yesterday's games the composite Bracket has:

Big Ten - 10/14
Big 12 - 8/10
SEC - 8/14
ACC - 8/15
BE - 4/10
PAC - 2/12

Only other multiple bid conference right now is AAC with 3. All other conferences are out there with 1 bid each. Which means conferences that usually get at least two bids (A10, WCC, and MW) are not this year at this point. So yes Indiana apparently looks good in comparison with other available at-large candidates. This also applies to the likes of Seton Hall, Florida and Arizona State. It's why I haven't been sweating our situation as much as others on this board.

Cheers,
Neil

Big East looks like its going to struggle to get anywhere close to what they have gotten in the last few years. Seton Hall and St. Johns have fallen off the map in conference (Seton hall does have 2 really good OOC wins) and teams like Butler, Creighton, Providence would have to win the BE tourney to get in at this point.

Not sure why people pay attention to him. He's never accurate. Better off looking at the bracket matrix.

I don't understand the agida. Maybe 7 of those 10 are bubble teams. Conferences don't get a quota nor should they. Each resume is weighted individually. All that matters is does SU get in (seeds are no longer relevant unless you're one of the top lines) and what are the matchups. Give me a 12 seed if our opponents don't like to play defense.

I don't understand the agida. Maybe 7 of those 10 are bubble teams. Conferences don't get a quota nor should they. Each resume is weighted individually. All that matters is does SU get in (seeds are no longer relevant unless you're one of the top lines) and what are the matchups. Give me a 12 seed if our opponents don't like to play defense.

I agree generally with what you say except 7 are bubble teams? Not quite sure about that. Indiana, Ohio State and Nebraska obviously are but not the rest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom