Lydon on Draft Express | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Lydon on Draft Express

They have two first round picks. Jackson would be with the number two. Lydon would be 28th. I'll be shocked if they don't take Lonzo or Fox, but what do I know. If they take Jackson that must mean they aren't high on Ingram.
coming from John Ireland, the Laker's radio play-by-play man: they are very high on Ingram, and there is belief in the organization that they can become Durant-lite and play both the 2 or the 3. there is also belief that their greatest need is for a perimeter defender, and that Jackson is the best in the draft for that.

coming from John Ireland, the Laker's radio play-by-play man: they are very high on Ingram, and there is belief in the organization that they can become Durant-lite and play both the 2 or the 3. there is also belief that their greatest need is for a perimeter defender, and that Jackson is the best in the draft for that.

I really don't understand what they are going to do with Russell if they take a guard. They just need talent. I wasn't impressed with Ingrams rookie year. It definitely wasn't as good as Durants, but who knows what Magic and Pelinka think.

I really don't understand what they are going to do with Russell if they take a guard. They just need talent. I wasn't impressed with Ingrams rookie year. It definitely wasn't as good as Durants, but who knows what Magic and Pelinka think.
Russell can play off the ball as a 2 & Clarkson can back up both positions

If I was in charge, I'd try to get Sacramento to make the 2 for 1 deal, but I find it hard to believe they'll do anything but take Lonzo. Magic has been infatuated with him since high school

buzz on local LA sports radio is that Sacramento may offer the 5th & 10th pick for the Laker's #2, because the Kings love De'Aaron Fox and don't think he'll fall past Phoenix. The Lakers would be sure to get one of Jackson, Jayson Tatum or Ball in that scenario, and then probably either Zach Collins or Maarkanen at 10. That might make Lydon less appealing at 28.
The Kings having two lotto picks and trading them to move up is the most Kings move ever.

That roster is weak. They're not one player away. They're a lot of players away.

The Kings having two lotto picks and trading them to move up is the most Kings move ever.

That roster is weak. They're not one player away. They're a lot of players away.

They have a lot of needs, I think Fox is going to be a terrific Nba player,if they have a chance to get him I think you have to entertain the idea.

The key with Ingram is if he can improve his shooting. Even st Duke, while he shot the 3 well, he was a 68% ft shooter.

I think he's going to be a guy who does a lot of things well. If he can become a consistent shooter, I think he'll be a superstar. If not, I could see him being like an Andre Iguodala type guy.

The greatest would be if they trade up to Philly's spot, because Philly got that pick from...Sacramento. In one of the worst trades in recent memory

The greatest would be if they trade up to Philly's spot, because Philly got that pick from...Sacramento. In one of the worst trades in recent memory
Vivek gonna Vivek.

Tyler back on Chad Fords 1st round mock. #30 to Utah.

Kevin Peltons Consensus Rating. Mixes in his stats based projections combined with Chad Ford's big board to come up with the rating:

21. Tyler Lydon
20344.jpg

Syracuse
Power forward
Big Board: No. 33
Stats: No. 17

Consensus: 1.0 WARP

A year ago, Lydon would have rated somewhat higher on the strength of his fine freshman campaign. He slipped slightly as a sophomore but still brings an intriguing mix of floor spacing and rim protection.

No player in my database had ever been projected to block more than 2.5 percent of opponents' 2-point attempts and shoot 3s on at least 30 percent of the plays he uses. Both Lydon and Vanderbilt's Luke Kornet, a possible second-round pick, qualify this year.

Kevin Peltons Consensus Rating. Mixes in his stats based projections combined with Chad Ford's big board to come up with the rating:

21. Tyler Lydon
20344.jpg

Syracuse
Power forward
Big Board:
No. 33
Stats: No. 17

Consensus: 1.0 WARP

A year ago, Lydon would have rated somewhat higher on the strength of his fine freshman campaign. He slipped slightly as a sophomore but still brings an intriguing mix of floor spacing and rim protection.

No player in my database had ever been projected to block more than 2.5 percent of opponents' 2-point attempts and shoot 3s on at least 30 percent of the plays he uses. Both Lydon and Vanderbilt's Luke Kornet, a possible second-round pick, qualify this year.

I remember saying last year how Lydon's block rate and 3 point attempts together were a unique combo, so I'm happy to read this

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom