Lydon on Draft Express | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Lydon on Draft Express

Tyler Lydon will collect a handsome salary no matter how you shake it and it's a bird in the hand for the young man. A nice start to life and he can improve his stock wherever he ends up if he's legit. Good for him!

I will tell you what, If Lydon has a career half as good as Russell Westbrook you can kill me all you want for saying he should have come back for another year.

Totally meaningless comparison. Westbrook barely played his freshman year since Collison and Afflalo were on the team. He then was groomed to play the point the following season.

Westbrook scenario vs Lydon is Apples andOranges Insanely ridiculous

It's not ridiculous. You guys are only saying that because you have seen Westbrook's NBA career and are poo pooing Lydon's NBA potential and Mali's last year.

Mal and Lydon could average 20 a game for the next ten years and it still wouldn't hide the fact Briancuse criticized them for leaving early.

It's not ridiculous. You guys are only saying that because you have seen Westbrook's NBA career and are poo pooing Lydon's NBA potential and Mali's last year.

Mal and Lydon could average 20 a game for the next ten years and it still wouldn't hide the fact Briancuse criticized them for leaving early.

I don't understand the comparison. Different positions as well. Lydon played tons of minutes both seasons. Westbrook logged big minutes only his second season. Westbrook was a bit of an unknown (at least as a PG prospect) heading into his soph season while Lydon was 'what you saw is what you'll get' pretty much.

I don't understand the comparison. Different positions as well. Lydon played tons of minutes both seasons. Westbrook logged big minutes only his second season. Westbrook was a bit of an unknown heading into his soph season while Lydon was 'what you saw is what you'll get' pretty much.

The comparison is there because Briancuse said Mal and Lydon didn't do enough in college for them to leave.

If someone at Syracuse had the same numbers Westbrook had in college and left this board would freak out. That is the point. We've already seen the evidence.

Ah. Well, he and everybody else should know by now that it's mostly "potential, potential, potential" (Dickie V) with the NBA. Plus it is a dream. I'd probably do the same if I'm in their shoes. Let me think...go to get PAID or come back to be stuck in an all-zone defense again with another mediocre team. Hmmm.

The comparison is there because Briancuse said Mal and Lydon didn't do enough in college for them to leave.

If someone at Syracuse had the same numbers Westbrook had in college and left this board would freak out. That is the point. We've already seen the evidence.

I didnt say they didnt do enough, you mentioned westbrook, all I said was he was on loaded teams, so thats why the stats weren't there. Anyone who watched him play realized he was going to be a good nba player, maybe not one of the best players in the game, but very good.

This board is freaking about about Thompson leaving early already when the dude has literally shown all he has is a mid range shot and nothing else.

All is good though with Lydon leaving, actually, thank goodness is leaving, if he wasn't then we wouldn't have gotten Keith V... er, I mean Marek. We almost got boned by Lydon staying.

I will tell you what, If Lydon has a career half as good as Russell Westbrook you can kill me all you want for saying he should have come back for another year.
He should have left last year.
Another year with no true PG wouldn't help his stock.

Darren Collison is better than Russell Westbrook??????????????????

Dear god.

Gotta put on your orange colored glasses to see it.

I don't get this. Thompson showed legitimate PF skills on offense last season, especially for a Frosh. His defense is questionable, but seeing him as an NBA draft pick is not far fetched in the slightest.

I don't get this. Thompson showed legitimate PF skills on offense last season, especially for a Frosh. His defense is questionable, but seeing him as an NBA draft pick is not far fetched in the slightest.

Not even listed as a second rounder anywhere and people here think he's going first round.

Not even listed as a second rounder anywhere and people here think he's going first round.

Well I'm not saying he's a first rounder or that he's definitely gone after this season. I'm noting that NBA GM's don't pass up on 6'9" guys who shoot 55% from the floor with a per 40 statline of 20.6 points, 8.6 boards, and 2.1 blocks.

He would also be far from the first Syracuse player not mentioned on any draft boards preseason to vault to 1st round or fringe 1st round status by the end of the season. It's becoming a joke at this point.

Hard to know what to believe this time of the year in regards to the Draft, but it sounds like Lydon impressed the new Laker management according to reddit and other stuff on twitter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom