Lydon on Draft Express | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Lydon on Draft Express

Add in your guarantees of Tyus in the lotto next year and Thompson in the top 23 or whatever it is at even odds and I'll go a hundo on each.

Hah. I never guaranteed the other two at all. I guaranteed Lydon round 1 only. I said I think Tyus goes top 11, and TT has the potential to be in the top 23. Not a guarantee in my language. I'll gladly give 3 to 1 on Lydon round 1, though. Even you know it is happening when you have to throw in Tyus, and TT when the best odds are just Lydon. Lydon could go round 1, which he will, with Tyus lottery, then TT is a freeroll for me.

Hah. I never guaranteed the other two at all. I guaranteed Lydon round 1 only. I said I think Tyus goes top 11, and TT has the potential to be in the top 23. Not a guarantee in my language. I'll gladly give 3 to 1 on Lydon round 1, though. Even you know it is happening when you have to throw in Tyus, and TT when the best odds are just Lydon. Lydon could go round 1, which he will, with Tyus lottery, then TT is a freeroll for me.

No kidding. At each point, I have stated that I believe that he will go in the 1st but your just stating that it is absolute fact that he will is almost irritating enough to take the bet and root against what I actually hope/think will happen.

I actually think Lydon may have fared better if he had come out after his freshman season. I thought he regressed last year. He seemed to hesitant to shoot, relied to much on pump fakes, and seemed to have lost what little blow by ability he did have because of the increased weight.

In his defense, his intensity may have been down because the whole team underachieved. I think his success in the NBA will depend largely on the team/system he ends up in.

Good luck Tyler!

Last edited:
No kidding. At each point, I have stated that I believe that he will go in the 1st but your just stating that it is absolute fact that he will is almost irritating enough to take the bet and root against what I actually hope/think will happen.

That and Howard Washington leading Cuse to a title. "Book it" he said. It may be nice to dream and/or be optimistic but one shouldn't embarrass themselves like that while doing so.

Take the bet then.

That and Howard Washington leading Cuse to a title. "Book it" he said. It may be nice to dream and/or be optimistic but one shouldn't embarrass themselves like that while doing so.

Sorry man. I forgot what forum I'm on.

Love how I'm embarrassing myself thinking we win it all in the next 4 years. Am I on the Rutgers board?

Enjoy the off-season with the negativity. I won't bring any optimism to the board. Forgot that this is Syracuse. Home of the bitter, and miserable.

Last edited:

Love how I'm embarrassing myself thinking we win it all in the next 4 years. Am I on the Rutgers board?

Enjoy the off-season with the negativity. I won't bring any optimism to the board. Forgot that this is Syracuse. Home of the bitter, and miserable.

Not to get this thread off track from Lydon but there's nothing wrong with being positive. I like that about you and I lean that way myself. But when you compare Howard, who wasn't even our top choice, to the best PGs in program history, you have to realize some people might question that. Granted Warrick wasn't our first choice and that ended very well, so not being our first choice isn't the end all. But there is being positive without going overboard.

The shots weren't there for him, no he isn't better than Collison right now, Collison had a pretty good college career, had westbrook played on a less talented team he could have scored a lot more points per game.

Reading this in context with the other posts makes this really look like you're saying "no (russell westbrook) isn't better than Collison right now"

Not to toot my own horn, but after the Pelinka chatter and the Lakers workout Lydon is now projected as their pick 28th on DraftExpress.

Lydon to the Lakers would be solid. Would put him in a position to play early for a budding team

I don't get this. Thompson showed legitimate PF skills on offense last season, especially for a Frosh. His defense is questionable, but seeing him as an NBA draft pick is not far fetched in the slightest.
He is pedestrian as an athlete (by NBA standards). Cannot defend the 4.

upload_2017-6-13_14-31-9.jpeg

We're DOOOOMED...DOOOOMED, I tell ya'!

Reading this in context with the other posts makes this really look like you're saying "no (russell westbrook) isn't better than Collison right now"

Um no I never said anything close to that, I said Westbrook played with a lot of good players at Ucla, which was why he didn't have the ppg that he could have.
t

Not to toot my own horn, but after the Pelinka chatter and the Lakers workout Lydon is now projected as their pick 28th on DraftExpress.

Hope he does sneak into the first round.

I wouldn't be tooting any horns until it actually happens.

All I'm doing is posting actual analysis of various scouting analysis on the draft and you continue to post nothing but your opinion.

Lakers are also looking closely at Josh Jackson. Which is more of a position of need?

All I'm doing is posting actual analysis of various scouting analysis on the draft and you continue to post nothing but your opinion.

There is a lot of analysis going on, my opinion has always been he will be a first round pick.

Lakers are also looking closely at Josh Jackson. Which is more of a position of need?

They have two first round picks. Jackson would be with the number two. Lydon would be 28th. I'll be shocked if they don't take Lonzo or Fox, but what do I know. If they take Jackson that must mean they aren't high on Ingram.

buzz on local LA sports radio is that Sacramento may offer the 5th & 10th pick for the Laker's #2, because the Kings love De'Aaron Fox and don't think he'll fall past Phoenix. The Lakers would be sure to get one of Jackson, Jayson Tatum or Ball in that scenario, and then probably either Zach Collins or Maarkanen at 10. That might make Lydon less appealing at 28.

There is a lot of analysis going on, my opinion has always been he will be a first round pick.

Lol. Sometimes I don't understand you. Working out for Hawks and Thunder this week as well.

Lol. Sometimes I don't understand you. Working out for Hawks and Thunder this week as well.

What is there to understand, all I said was wait for him to get drafted before patting yourself on the back. Being 28th in a mock draft isn't a first round assurance.

They have two first round picks. Jackson would be with the number two. Lydon would be 28th. I'll be shocked if they don't take Lonzo or Fox, but what do I know. If they take Jackson that must mean they aren't high on Ingram.

Yeah, my point is: Lydon is regarded as a stretch 4. Which is more a position of need for the Lakers: guard or forward? In other words, are they only likely to take a guard with that #2? If not, could they take a forward there and then address some other need (guard?) at 28 instead of taking Tyler? That might be convoluted but hopefully you follow me. I'm guessing they take best player available at 2, rather than addressing a need.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom