Lydon to hire agent and enter NBA draft | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Lydon to hire agent and enter NBA draft

What does Lydon gain by hiring an agent?

Don't blame him for declaring, but don't understand the upside of hiring an agent right now.

Maybe his family needed the money or he didn't like school.

yeah except by signing with an agent you limit your options. there's no point in doing that right off the bat. if the evals dont come back in his favor then what?

i think his glaring weakness is his subpar handle and his inability to guard anybody. he's not going to play in the nba because of it.

He is going to be a first round pick. He is clearly very confident in that fact. The advantage of signing with an agent now is that's one less thing to worry about. He clearly made up his mind that he was done with college. Saying this, I didn't expect him to sign an agent early but i'm not surprised.

Maybe his family needed the money or he didn't like school.
Family needing money does not explain why he would hire an agent right now. If anything, that would make it less likely he would hire an agent :)

“Don’t count other people’s money,” He was ready good luck in the association.

I just looked at the roster and can't see us averaging 60PPG.
I mean it's Battle and Thompson and role players.
That is scary.

Not ideal - but around this time last year we lost our entire back court and ended up bringing in some good pieces that didn't work out the way we wanted but ... deep breath

Getting out of Dodge is a good idea especially when you may get a 7 figure stash awaiting.

The new players will step up and keep in mind that Cuse lost 14 & 15 games the past two years so maybe a change in the cast with be an asset moving forward.

Last edited:
Unless we score a major load with grad transfers, a .500 season would be a major accomplishment.

Have to wonder why JB would want I go through that at this stage of his career. He's going to be miserable.

Yeah but, 1000 wins and how many you got?

No surprise whatsoever--I expected this after Hop's departure.

Too bad about the agent, though -- closes the door if he doesn't hear what he wants to from NBA evaluators. Wish him the best no matter how it works out.

A nucleus next year of Battle, Thompson, and Lydon would have been potentially formidable. Now, its just another glaring hole to fill. Will be interesting to see if Moyer, Brisset, Chukwu, or some new recruit / 5th year transfer fills the gap.

LOL at this point we can barely field a team next year. This is feeling more an more like Hopkins got off the sinking ship

Probably figures his stock isn't going to get much higher -- and he's probably right.

his stock would move a lot higher when he proves he can score off the dribble and average 20 ppg. cant' dribble, cant' guard, not very strong.

i'd imagine a senior Lydon could be a 1st Team All-ACC player. His stock would be 10x higher than it is now.

Probably figures his stock isn't going to get much higher -- and he's probably right.

Next year's draft is significantly weaker. With all of the talking heads, including pro scouts, saying he needs to come back, the belief is already out there that he needs a lot of work. We'll see them pick his game apart the night of the Draft.

smart move. I think he's more likely to be playing in China than he is to get a 2nd contract, but given his age, size and skillset, his stock was only going to slip. If anything, he should have declared last year.

A late first rounder. There is a difference between being a lottery pick and going to a contender where their rotations are set.

I'm sure he'd be more than happy to be drafted by a good team. And the teams picking in the 20-30 range right now are:

Portland, Oklahoma City, Brooklyn, Utah, Atlanta, Toronto, Orlando, San Antonio, and the Lakers. There's a pretty wide range of teams in there from a talent standpoint and basically all of those teams could use a guy like Lydon on their rosters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom