Lydon to hire agent and enter NBA draft | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Lydon to hire agent and enter NBA draft

The bitterness in this thread is incredible. Don't blame the player for leaving, blame the coach for not restocking the talent pool.

disagreeing with the decision doesn't make someone bitter.

I also disagreed with the decisions from Green, McCollough, Ennis, Grant, Carter-Williams, Flynn, Richardson, and now Lydon. They all made dumb decisions.

At the end of the day I could care less what they do. And I stress could care less. Whether Syracuse has JB coaching, Hopkins leaving, a losing record in 2018, goes to the NIT or wins it all has ZERO bearing on my life. ZERO.

MCW was NBA ROY.
He was legit when he left. He never improved his jump shot. That is what will kill him in the league.

That's not what I'm talking about. I'm looking at the player and asking can you see him as a pro. MCW had flaws in his game, but took the league by storm that year in what is turning out to be a bad rookie class (Anthony Bennett went #1 overall). Dion was a pro. He had the body and game to match.

Do people not realize how much power agents wield in the NBA?

Good for Tyler. Hope to see you land with a quality organization.

Please choose your agent carefully.

The bitterness in this thread is incredible. Don't blame the player for leaving, blame the coach for not restocking the talent pool.

It's not bitterness. I certainly hope he does well. It's just stating an opinion. I'll be surprised if he plays in the NBA. But I think many kids nowadays see the money and just figure they can work on their game while earning a nice salary.

I knew he wasn't coming back in November when he was projected in the first round. It's a Syracuse thing.

Jerami Grant seems to be doing just fine

McCullough was a first round pick.

He seems to be having a nice NBA career.

Tell me what he has done? As a Net, he was up and down in the D-League. Washington sent him to the D-League as well. In two seasons, he's averaged 3.9 PPG.

I don't think people really understand the type of person lydon is. Hes not a kid who will likely blow this money on fancy stuff or live an expensive city life. This dude is incredibly rural. Loves fishing, and the outdoors. Pretty sure he wants to buy a ranch in Wyoming.

This is a great opportunity for him to make damn good money to help fulfill those wishes

Tell me what he has done? As a Net, he was up and down in the D-League. Washington sent him to the D-League as well. In two seasons, he's averaged 3.9 PPG.

I was being sarcastic.

Being in the 20s in mock drafts at this point is no guarantee of a first-round selection in June.

Usually additional players from overseas enter the draft.

Also, in most years, the difference between the 20th and 40th best prospects is incredibly slim.

It's hard to find archived ESPN Insider content so I'm going off memory, but I think Jerami Grant reached the low 20s in Chad Ford's mock draft at some point and he ended up going in the 2nd round.

No matter where Lydon ends up, I hope he finds himself in a good situation and is successful. If he wants to play professionally, he should take the opportunity whenever he feels he's ready.

Tell me how staying at syracuse helps that.

Maybe it does. Maybe it doesn't. He has no NBA staying power. As it stands, he's looking to be out of the League at the end of his rookie deal.

disagreeing with the decision doesn't make someone bitter.

I also disagreed with the decisions from Green, McCollough, Ennis, Grant, Carter-Williams, Flynn, Richardson, and now Lydon. They all made dumb decisions.

At the end of the day I could care less what they do. And I stress could care less. Whether Syracuse has JB coaching, Hopkins leaving, a losing record in 2018, goes to the NIT or wins it all has ZERO bearing on my life. ZERO.

Get what your trying to emphasize here but you do have 12,000+ posts so one would think these sports-related things have some effect/bearing on your life. ;)

videotogif_2017.03.20_14.53.22.gif

Maybe it does. Maybe it doesn't. He has no NBA staying power. As it stands, he's looking to be out of the League at the end of his rookie deal.

Even if he is and there's a chance Ennis may face that scenario, he still will make around 5 million dollars and can go with Jimmer to China and make another million or so, but I think Lydon's a lot more talented than Ennis. He's a good rebounder and that's something that always correlates to the NBA.

He absolutely should declare for the draft, but why the rush to hire an agent and eliminate all possibility of coming back before he has gone to camps is what makes no sense to me.

Wish him the best, but can't see him sticking in the NBA. He was pretty bad from January on this year. He doesn't fit any traditional positions in the NBA and lacks ball handling as well as quickness in his lateral movement and feet.

D league and then Europe, but I hope I am wrong. Success from our guys in the league is only beneficial.

MCW was NBA ROY.
He was legit when he left. He never improved his jump shot. That is what will kill him in the league.

Ball-handling/his progress as a passer stalling might be an even bigger issue for MCW. If he could handle the ball and pass the way he did at Syracuse, you could surround him with shooters and be fine in the NBA, but his offensive game has pretty much fallen apart and while he's extremely disruptive defensively, his gambling also takes him out of position a lot.

Being in the 20s in mock drafts at this point is no guarantee of a first-round selection in June.

Usually additional players from overseas enter the draft.

Also, in most years, the difference between the 20th and 40th best prospects is incredibly slim.

It's hard to find archived ESPN Insider content so I'm going off memory, but I think Jerami Grant reached the low 20s in Chad Ford's mock draft at some point and he ended up going in the 2nd round.

No matter where Lydon ends up, I hope he finds himself in a good situation and is successful. If he wants to play professionally, he should take the opportunity whenever he feels he's ready.

You know these players are already included in the mock drafts right? If anything, the draft pool will only shrink from here. Mock drafts generally act as though everyone will declare for the draft when in reality, you have a ton of European prospects pull their name out of the draft as well as some underclassmen returning to school.

You're correct that it's no guarantee he goes in the first just because of where he's currently projected, but I think a big man that can shoot the way he can is more likely to rise up boards after draft workouts than he is to fall. As long as he measures out as expected, I'd be pretty surprised if he falls outside the 18-25 range.

I don't know, make him a better player, but hey go get some money and play in the D-league.

He has a much better opportunity to become a better player playing full-time professionally next year then playing on whatever we trot out there for the 2017-2018 season. Not really an arguable point.

If people wanna argue he may play himself into a top 13 pick then there may be enough financial benefit to stay but if not, from a basketball development perspective and from a financial standpoint he should go.

The numbers don't lie.

You know these players are already included in the mock drafts right? If anything, the draft pool will only shrink from here. Mock drafts generally act as though everyone will declare for the draft when in reality, you have a ton of European prospects pull their name out of the draft as well as some underclassmen returning to school.

You're correct that it's no guarantee he goes in the first just because of where he's currently projected, but I think a big man that can shoot the way he can is more likely to rise up boards after draft workouts than he is to fall. As long as he measures out as expected, I'd be pretty surprised if he falls outside the 18-25 range.

From my experience following the draft, overseas players emerge as time goes on, not the other way around. An example from 2016 in Guerschon Yabusele.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom