Lydon to hire agent and enter NBA draft | Page 38 | Syracusefan.com

Lydon to hire agent and enter NBA draft

i guess i accept it. but it don't make it right. seems like i read this sad script over and over before.

Kevin Sandusky: You guys all read the script, right?

Kirk Lazarus: I don't read the script, script reads me.

pic_1567000.jpg

tyler lydon would have been better served coming back next year and proving he could play with the big boys.
How is it a sad script?

All of the SU guys who have left early recently have been drafted in the first round, save for Grant, and he ended up in a situation where he could get on the court as a rookie and secured a guaranteed contract anyway, and is now in a great situation. Lydon is likely to go in the first round as well, no matter what you and the other geniuses around here want to believe.

I honestly don't know what you expect these guys to do. There are precious few openings in the NBA each year, and just getting there and sticking around for a few years is a major accomplishment that should be celebrated. But keep lobbying for these kids to stick around to "improve their draft stock" in a sport that values young players with upside and rarely drafts upperclassmen in the first round anymore.

Last edited:
Crazy to look at the mock draft on nbadraft.net, and the lottery is 13 freshmen, and one international. Lydon was better off going last year. He will still go in the 1st, so he's fine. Hopefully, he is drafted by a good organization. I'm hoping the Magic snag him, after getting Fox, or Tatum. Nice tandem to roll with. Throw in White in the 2nd round, hah.

IMO late first round or if their is a run of foreign players second round.

If he slips to the 2nd round he made a poor decision.
We all thought that about Grant at the time, and chances are if he had gone at the end of round 1 he wouldn't have gotten the court time to prove himself.

Now he's worked his way into a rotational player in NBA. Now Grant got lucky with his situation, but the point is a 2nd round pick isnt a death-knell for a player.
Since he is gone, we should be rooting for the best for Tyler and hope he improves as a player and becomes a heck of a representative for Cuse in the pros.

If he slips to the 2nd round he made a poor decision.
I don't think necessarily it's his fault. End of round teams grab international guys and that's why I see him slipping

Yikes, where do you get this stuff?

By the way, you've now posted 88 times in this thread alone and I'm coming up on 40 posts. I'm embarrassed for both of us.

36 posts.

Boy it just sneaks up on you.

I'm the first to admit that while I agree with this sentiment, I tend to read these threads anyway... I'm thinking i could play Early Entry Thread Bingo with spaces such as:

drafted on potential
make as much money as possible
not ready for the NBA
would be a lottery pick if he stayed
do what's best for him, not for us
risk of injury
less money after taxes
can always go overseas
stuck in the d-league
can work on his game in the d-league
2nd round pick

Grant found himself in a very fortunate situation.

You absolutely cannot control where you go. You work your ass off and see where that takes you. Clearly it worked out for him. Clearly he made the right decision because he had the determination to stick, and has.

well grants dad made millions in the NBA . so if it was some sort of hardship as i'd heard rumors of then that's all the more reason to stay and get a degree. blow thru that money and then what ?

Grant found himself in a very fortunate situation.

So it wasn't hard work? Wasn't his skill? Last I knew he wasn't on the 76ers anymore and he's holding his own on a playoff team.

Don't know what you've been through in life or the path you've taken, but you end up in life where you bring yourself. If you work hard, good things most likely happen, if you set yourself up for success, you can see success. It's not a fluke Grant made it. Look through the 76ers second round picks and see where they are. Look at a bunch of other 2nd round picks, you're pretty much saying that you have to be drafted by the 76ers to be a success in the second round. Look at Rak, look at others.

Your argument is flawed, lazy and just flat out wrong. Put more effort in and maybe people will listen to your opinions about the second round.

So it wasn't hard work? Wasn't his skill? Last I knew he wasn't on the 76ers anymore and he's holding his own on a playoff team.

Don't know what you've been through in life or the path you've taken, but you end up in life where you bring yourself. If you work hard, good things most likely happen, if you set yourself up for success, you can see success. It's not a fluke Grant made it. Look through the 76ers second round picks and see where they are. Look at a bunch of other 2nd round picks, you're pretty much saying that you have to be drafted by the 76ers to be a success in the second round. Look at Rak, look at others.

Your argument is flawed, lazy and just flat out wrong. Put more effort in and maybe people will listen to your opinions about the second round.

I never said that, he probably worked extremely hard, he found himself in the right situation, of course you can get drafted in the 2nd round and have a lot of success, but its harder to do. If your a borderline prospect and your looking at being a 2nd round pick, go back to school.

if you have lottery potential and jump early only to be taken second round...i seriously question your motives.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom