Lydon won't scrimmage at NBA combine | Syracusefan.com

Lydon won't scrimmage at NBA combine

There really wasn't a debate of any merit on here. Lydon made the right call, was always going to be a first round pick and get paid handsomely for it
I'm afraid we still have a few "just because he went in the first round doesn't mean he shouldn't have come back and doesn't mean he's a legitimate first rounder and doesn't mean he'll have have any sort of NBA career" threads in our future.

shooting-the-messenger1.jpg

say he has 1-2 teams calling him a first rounder, all it takes is 1-2 other guys jumping in to not only knock him down but he could fall a ton.

His decision to not scrimmage at the combine suggests he has a received a first round guarantee from at least one team.

I'll hang up now and let the board naysayers have at it.

Ah the infamous guaranteed first round talk, if I had a nickle for every kid that was told he was a guaranteed first round pick.

Ah the infamous guaranteed first round talk, if I had a nickle for every kid that was told he was a guaranteed first round pick.
No, I'm talking about when teams privately tell a player they will take him if he is still available when their pick comes up. That does happen, Brian, whether you want to believe it or not. And those teams do follow through; if they didn't, word would leak out and they would lose credibility.

Show me all the documented cases where a team has done what you suggest happens all the time. I'll wait.

No, I'm talking about when teams privately tell a player they will take him if he is still available when their pick comes up. That does happen, Brian, whether you want to believe it or not. And those teams do follow through; if they didn't, word would leak out and they would lose credibility.

Show me all the documented cases where a team has done what you suggest happens all the time. I'll wait.

w18tb.jpg

Can I just link to the Malachi threads from last year?

He was told by the NBA that he didn't have to play. He didn't make the decision.

Good for him. Hoping for a first round spot for him!

Don'te 'leave' Greene
Guarantee from Philly I believe and didn't happen
28th overall by Memphis and traded immediately

Paid, still plays overseas

Guarantee don't mean shee in NBA draft, but there's money to be made in pro ball

Teams tell kids all the time they are going to take them then don't. It happens more than you think. I do think Tyler will be a first round pick, just can't say that he is guaranteed to be one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom