Lydon won't scrimmage at NBA combine | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Lydon won't scrimmage at NBA combine

If anyone truly believes Lydon was very disappointing they are a moron and should retire from the message board forever.
Ok Lydons mom, that's a bit much.

TJ Leaf is a very similar player who jumped off the screen in his games. Lydon didn't have anything close to Lonzo Ball to hit him on the pick n pops but nobody prevented him from pump faking 20x per game, going up weak inside offensively and never improving his handle.

According to Jonathan Givony. Appears to be a first round lock. Have at it!Popcorn and soda

yeah-sure-whatevs.jpg

The only point I'm seeing from you and Bayside is it isn't ok to leave early unless you are a guaranteed lottery pick which I think is a bad argument because it doesn't explain how the least number of seniors ever were invited to this combine.

You can do whatever you want, I don't think its smart to leave if you a borderline first round pick, like I said I think Lydon is a first round pick, would anyone here be willing to bet their house on it, no.

His decision to not scrimmage at the combine suggests he has a received a first round guarantee from at least one team.

I'll hang up now and let the board naysayers have at it.

You can do whatever you want, I don't think its smart to leave if you a borderline first round pick, like I said I think Lydon is a first round pick, would anyone here be willing to bet their house on it, no.

Well I certainly wouldn't bet my house on him not being a first rounder.

Ok Lydons mom, that's a bit much.

TJ Leaf is a very similar player who jumped off the screen in his games. Lydon didn't have anything close to Lonzo Ball to hit him on the pick n pops but nobody prevented him from pump faking 20x per game, going up weak inside offensively and never improving his handle.
Ok what does TJ Leaf have to do with Lydons season being "very disappointing"? I mean are you guys trying to understand basketball or no?

For the record: You can say Lydon was very disappointing this year and still acknowledge him to be a first round pick.

I think he'll do much better in the NBA than College because all he has to do is be tall, rebound and shoot it. He can do all those things, along with develop an interior game if his team wants him to.

I wouldn't say it was disappointing, maybe my expectations of him were too high, he had a nice year, but he didn't play well down the stretch.

I wouldn't say it was disappointing, maybe my expectations of him were too high, he had a nice year, but he didn't play well down the stretch.

I think it comes down to the type of player you enjoy watching. Some people like one on one players and guards that dominate the ball. Other people appreciate all around players who are highly efficient.

I think it's more like 90/10 he goes first round, but whatever makes you feel better. If he somehow goes top 20(there's a chance) will you admit you were wrong?

Its nowhere near 90/10, look at the mocks, most have him in the late 20's, I have always said he will be a first round pick, so I don't know what you want me to admit to.

The only point I'm seeing from you and Bayside is it isn't ok to leave early unless you are a guaranteed lottery pick which I think is a bad argument because it doesn't explain how the least number of seniors ever were invited to this combine.

That's not my point at all. My basic point is that unless you're some sort of unicorn or a clear stud or completely developed person (see Waiters) you should get your game together and be as ready as you can to compete for that second contract. The league is a physical and mental grind, long road trips and lots of wear and tear.

And I think the whole chasing your dream analogy is just really stupid.

I think it's more like 90/10 he goes first round, but whatever makes you feel better. If he somehow goes top 20(there's a chance) will you admit you were wrong?
No. He will fault the NBA.

Tyler Lydon go undrafted? If that happens, I'll ban myself from the board for life and get a Hoya tattooed on my rearend.
That's far better than the answer I was about to give.

Its nowhere near 90/10, look at the mocks, most have him in the late 20's, I have always said he will be a first round pick, so I don't know what you want me to admit to.

I've seen him placed anywhere from 12-35. If I'm doing a mathematical analysis that comes up with a higher percentage of being in the first than the second.

I've seen him placed anywhere from 12-35. If I'm doing a mathematical analysis that comes up with a higher percentage of being in the first than the second.

12? Who has him 12th? that would be shocking. The two guys on here who everyone seems to respect are Ford who has him out of the 1st round, and Draft Express who had him 25th. Gun to be head I think he goes like 25th or 26th, I would be stunned if he is a lottery pick.

Everyone who thinks he isn't good enough to leave yet should be happy. He pump fakes too much, isn't strong enough, blah, blah, blah. Why do we need him? Listen to yourselves for a second.

You want him back for you.

He is going to easily be a 1st round pick. He can develop just fine in the NBA. I know deep down some of you are hoping he fails, and goes right down to the D-League. No need to lie.

He isn't coming back to help Syracuse, sorry. Wish him well, and move the hell on. Petulant adults around here.

12? Who has him 12th? that would be shocking. The two guys on here who everyone seems to respect are Ford who has him out of the 1st round, and Draft Express who had him 25th. Gun to be head I think he goes like 25th or 26th, I would be stunned if he is a lottery pick.

You're hoping he isn't a lottery pick, and it's sad.

Well I certainly wouldn't bet my house on him not being a first rounder.
He could pay for a nice house with second round money. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom