MAC versus Big East refs | Syracusefan.com

MAC versus Big East refs

Obie9

Co-Winner 2017 2nd Chance Challenge
This may have been discussed earlier, but why were Big East referees doing this game. I thought that the visiting teams referees normally call the game.

I thought the guys on the field were MAC refs, and the guys in the booth came from the BE. I think the home conference provides the replay officials.

I thought the guys on the field were MAC refs, and the guys in the booth came from the BE. I think the home conference provides the replay officials.
Interesting, if true, the MAC officials are just as much to blame as the Big East officials. Why has the MAC conference not offerred an apology.

Not sure about the SU game or if there is a specific rule but I know for a fact that at the WVU - LSU game there were BE officials on the field and SEC officials in the replay booth because they specifically discussed it. With every play beign reviewed in college this relationship between field and replay officials will continue to evolve.

Interesting. You would think someone would have mentioned this somewhere along the way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom